Previous   Next

Would you consider getting cosmetic surgery?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 25, 2012

Browse the archives

“I wouldn’t, but I’m not against anyone else doing it. I think it’s your body.”

“No. People need to think about it carefully, especially if they’re young.”

“I would if I was uncomfortable with my body and it really bothered me. But I’m content now.”

Related story

Comments

labmonkey 2 years, 5 months ago

The dude with the tattoo on his neck may be going in for a procedure when he tries to find a real job.

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

I checked out...er, a friend of mine checked out one of those websites that challenge you to guess whether they're fake or real. He scored pretty well if I do say so myself.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 5 months ago

Yes, because there are some things that weight loss is just going to make worse especially as you get older. Do you really want that horrible skin hanging down from under your chin or your upper arms if you can have it removed?

boxers_or_briefs 2 years, 5 months ago

Only if it was guaranteed to improve my sex life.

FloridaSunshine 2 years, 5 months ago

No, thank you. I'm happy with who I am and what I look like. Even without make-up...not to mention cosmetic surgery. I wouldn't want a surgical procedure based on "looks" alone. To each his (or her) own.

FloridaSunshine 2 years, 5 months ago

tange...my thoughts, exactly. It's simply heartbreaking that there are people who don't realize how very special they are...just the way they are...so sad.

FloridaSunshine 2 years, 5 months ago

tange...you can always make me laugh (OUT LOUD, as my granddaughter says)...I'd love to respond with more, but am leaving for an adventure as I type this last word...perhaps later this evening...

FloridaSunshine 2 years, 5 months ago

tange, I realize you probably will not see this post...I did miss your trick-or-treat entirely...I regret that...I'm sure it was a hoot!! Gosh, that was four days ago? Can't keep up with the time when going thither, hither, yon, and everywhere in between! I'm back from Ohio...in my beloved mountains again...only problem, I left part of my heart in Ohio. That's always a down-side of loving...the "leaving" part of it all. But living isn't real without loving, is it?

FloridaSunshine 2 years, 5 months ago

:~)

Can hardly wait to see your Etchy Sketchy avatar. Please don't replace the Leo Triplet...it's so "you", somehow...the pictures are breath-taking via Hubble. Fascinating.

When I showed my daughter my avatar she was stunned...said, "It's YOU, Mom!! But for the exception that you're really real." We got the giggles about that...I told her I was thinking of replacing it with an exceptional picture of a dolphin. More giggles...

George_Braziller 2 years, 5 months ago

I've thought about having cosmetic surgery to at least minimize a big chicken pox scar I've had for 45 years. Mom said don't scratch it, but I did anyway because it itched. Thus the scar.