Previous   Next

What is your hobby and why do you do it?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 23, 2012

Browse the archives

“I take care of animals, because they don’t complain like people do.”

“Gardening, because you get to get dirty and eat good food.”

“I play the guitar. It just kind of happens. I have been playing for about 12 years.”

“Zumba, because I like to dance.”

“I garden. I do it to get outside and get some food.”

Comments

rockchalker52 2 years, 7 months ago

Flowers & shrubs. I like planning the gardens & the landscaping & the physical labor it takes to make it happen.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

Launching dense projectiles at high velocity.

Why?

Zombies of course!

Flap Doodle 2 years, 7 months ago

I submit comments to an award-winning website that are held for moderator approval until they are no longer relevant.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

parrothead8 - I've been known to combine golf with my hobby. Just sayin'

rockchalker52 2 years, 7 months ago

Prospector sez 'Cosmetic surgery. I pray on the insecurities of people.'

I thought you were only devout about the beer thing.

budwhysir 2 years, 7 months ago

I read ljw online cause the people here are so cool and the new things I read are amazing and a lot of the stories would be fiction other places

Bill Lee 2 years, 7 months ago

Genealogy because I've always been a history buff, and this lets me see how my ancestors were involved in events of the past. I've traced a few lines back more than forty generations.

riverdrifter 2 years, 7 months ago

Deer hunting 24/7/365 with a camera, 12 days per annum in the winter with a rifle. I tried to provide a pic from the trail cam of recent but it got disappeareded twice here. Actually, the only reason I've got trail cams out now is that there is a big cat hereabout and I want him/her on my SD card.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 7 months ago

So it isn't safe to walk around in the woods with raw tuna in my trouser pockets?

riverdrifter 2 years, 7 months ago

Snap, millions of folks on the front range of the Rockies jog, hike, ride bikes, ATVs, whatever, right through primo lion country and attacks are rare. Beagles can run them up a tree. Now, as for the tuna in your trousers, well, ah, that I don't know.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

The way I understand it, They is more scared of you than you of them . . . except when they ain't.

riverdrifter 2 years, 7 months ago

That's about the size of it. When I followed that one into the timber a couple weeks ago on an old walnut logger trail, at first, no problem. It was a hot and windy afternoon. Then, I got in there a hundred yards to where I wanted to hang the camera and the hair on the back of my neck was standing up and I realized something: things had changed and this change was for the rest of my life. I like a wild critter that can do that: enter a new element -danger. Even if it is largely perceived by myself. Anyway, I'm aiming for the big cat with my camera. Somewhere, someplace, I'm gonna get him/her. Smile -or snarl, cat. I want to see you, see what I've been missing.

Ronda Miller 2 years, 7 months ago

I walk around with tuna in my pocket and it truly isn't safe. I carry a gun to keep weapons at bay.

Gart 2 years, 7 months ago

Seal bombs. From one of our local fish distributors. We take the weighted ends off and put them in our "thrower" and try to hit them and make them explode in air before the fuse hits. Much fun as long as no dogs are trying to play fetch - then it is not fun.

Also, playing with my dogs.

booyalab 2 years, 7 months ago

“I take care of animals, because they don’t complain like people do.” — Sam Fields, bail bondsman, Lawrence

That is the best comment/occupation combination I have ever seen on OTS. Cool guy.