Previous   Next

Have you heard of or do you know anyone who’s been infected with hand, foot and mouth disease?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 13, 2012

Browse the archives

“I’ve heard about it, but I’m not at all worried about it.”

“I thought it was an old, mostly eradicated disease, like whooping cough. But I know whooping cough is coming back because people don’t get immunized.”

“I’ve heard about it, but don’t know much. I don’t know anyone who’s gotten it. ”

“I’ve heard of it, but don’t know anyone who has it.”

“I haven’t heard of it, so I’m assuming it’s not all that common.”

Related story

Comments

Loki 2 years, 4 months ago

I know a certain person with terrible foot in mouth disease...

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

No, no, no Loki! I don't have foot in mouth disease! More like Head up My A . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

Does this mean . . . There is a fungus . . Amongus?

grammaddy 2 years, 4 months ago

That's the four-legged version.

grammaddy 2 years, 4 months ago

I have a couple of friends whose toddlers have contracted this disease. It's painful for the little ones. Like walking on glass with all the blisters on their feet. Poor babies. They don't want to eat or drink.

Richard Payton 2 years, 4 months ago

I think the clapper ad lady had it.

jaycat 2 years, 4 months ago

My son had it when he was 3 or 4, that was 14 or so years ago. All I remember was the blood curdling scream he let out just as I was going to sleep. Spent 6 hours in the ER that night.

beatrice 2 years, 4 months ago

No. I wash my feet and mouth.

bevy 2 years, 4 months ago

My toddler got it, high fever, blisters in her mouth, no appetite. It was MISERABLE. Our pediatrician says she's seen a lot of it. It's NOT related to not washing, and it is not the same as the animal disease Hoof and Mouth. We were told that adults don't usually get it, but my friend (whose toddler picked it up from ours) also got it, as did their teen daughter. Everyone in my family had a sore throat and fever within a week of the baby getting sick, so I'm pretty sure we all got it too. Not fun!

christiangirl93 2 years, 4 months ago

Yes, My aunt died from it. She was such a great person who lived by gods law and was such a joy to be around. I still mourn the loss of her.

WMcN19 2 years, 4 months ago

My son had it right around his 2nd birthday. He had blisters on his feet and hands and fever but not much of a change in personality/behavior. His school sent an email saying a couple of cases had been reported which is how I knew what it was. We took him to the Dr only because we were flying soon. Dr said "take your trip - he'll be fine." And he was.

Monty Amick 2 years, 4 months ago

be afraid,,, be very afraid

gphawk89 2 years, 4 months ago

One of my kid's friends had it recently. We were scheduled to go to his birthday party when he was (unknowingly) contagious but backed out at the last minute. Lucky us.