Previous   Next

If you had to play a game of catch with one famous person, who would it be and why? Asked on Massachusetts Streets

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 8, 2012

Browse the archives

“The first person that pops into my mind that’s fairly athletic and famous at the same time would be Obama. I think that’s the reason. I think he would play a good game of catch.”

“I would play catch with Martin Luther King Jr. I could probably learn a few things from him.”

“Yoda, because he is the wisest being in the universe.”

“Hunter S. Thompson, because it would be an adventure.”

Comments

labmonkey 2 years, 6 months ago

Really Roger? Have you seen Obama throw out the first pitch? This video is all you need to see with presidential first pitches....

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

BABBOY . But if I threw better than him would he beat me up?

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

Left handed (plus 1). Throws like a girl (The daughters will soon be calling me for that one)

1southernjayhawk 2 years, 6 months ago

Sandy Koufax. Would love to see him bring the heat.

parrothead8 2 years, 6 months ago

He doesn't bring the heat anymore, but he's a heckuva golfer these days.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 6 months ago

Mrs. Robinson, because then we two grandma's could talk about the grandkids. You don't hear much about her but she raised an excellent daughter.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 6 months ago

You know very well that I meant that we would talk while we were tossing the ball back and forth. You can do both. Toss, catch, chat, repeat.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 6 months ago

I mean Mrs. Robinson and me by which I mean the mother of Mrs. Obama.

wiolfial 2 years, 6 months ago

Can't decide between my Dad or Mickey Mantle.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 6 months ago

Adolf Hitler, assuming I am going back in time, I would have talked him out of doing all the things he did while we were throwing the pickle as we in the know call it, and he would have become a baseball announcer. I got the term throwing the pickle from the M. Crickton novel, Jurassic Park.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 6 months ago

Just now thought, the Roadrunner could throw the ball to himself and then catch it. Way cool!

Shelley Bock 2 years, 6 months ago

Like the Field of Dreams character, my Father. Not a famous athlete, but he always used his "Mel Ott" glove, joking, laughing, while a Kansas summer thunder storm always seemed to be brewing on the horizon. We'd talk about politics, life the storm and the past afterwards. He always had time for catch.

Shelley Bock 2 years, 6 months ago

Like the Field of Dreams character, my Father. Not a famous athlete, but he always used his "Mel Ott" glove, joking, laughing, while a Kansas summer thunder storm always seemed to be brewing on the horizon. We'd talk about politics, life, the storm and the past, afterwards. He always had time for catch.

lunacydetector 2 years, 6 months ago

Not to sound ice cold, but maybe Ted Williams...but he can't play catch anymore

Flap Doodle 2 years, 6 months ago

Inigo Montoya, to watch him skewer the ball on his sword.

JackMcKee 2 years, 6 months ago

Hunter S Thompson? ML King Jr? Do these people really want to play catch with dead bodies? Weird.

Me. I like the Scarlett Johanson idea. So I'll take Kate Beckinsdale in the latex catsuit.