Previous   Next

What’s the longest bike ride you’ve been on?

Asked at Sunflower Outdoor and Bike, 804 Mass. on June 4, 2012

Browse the archives

“Fifty-three miles, in Germany. I stopped three times.”

“I rode for 53 miles for my 30th birthday.”

“Two weeks ago, I rode 24 miles.”

Comments

Topple 1 year, 10 months ago

I rode from ~2nd & Iowa out about 80% of the way to Lecompton on N 1800 Rd then E 600 Rd. Turned around about 2 miles short of Lecompton. Came out to about 18 miles round trip. I suspect I could go significantly further, but I'm not a fan of riding at night out on roads with no street lighting at night. Nice area to ride during the day for those who haven't.

ScottyMac 1 year, 10 months ago

Here are a local man and woman on a really long bike ride. Pretty cool, no?

JackMcKee 1 year, 10 months ago

56 miles in under 3 hours. Could have gone 112+ easy.

tange 1 year, 10 months ago

Only about 60 miles, from Johnson County to Lake Perry. If I sit on a bike longer than that, I begin to hate it. 'course it was the motorcycle that killed the bike. Must be gettin' senile; the thought of a throttle in my hand again is makin' me kinda giddy.

prospector 1 year, 10 months ago

Pushed the Schwinn over hill and dale to the river and jumped in. I was home by dinner. It seemed long but everything did when you are ten.

Tour duh Frenchy is just around the corner. Got cheese?

CWGOKU 1 year, 10 months ago

I've been back pedaling for years

prospector 1 year, 10 months ago

I missed the headline yesterday

Local Boy Wins Dirty Kanza Bike Race

It was 200 miles to Emporia... on gravel roads Way to go Dan Hughes.

autie 1 year, 10 months ago

I planted some parsecs in my garden but they didn't come up very well.

CWGOKU 1 year, 10 months ago

Did a 25 mile ride once. Not too far, no big deal, but I was a lot younger. I liked Tusk, too

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 10 months ago

When I had the vim and vigor as if I was endowed with goat glands, had 8 days to do it in, and listened to "Tusk" over and over: 2.461729e10-11 Parsecs.

prospector 1 year, 10 months ago

What's the longest bike ride you've been on? Painful.

What was the longest bike ride you've been on? Once, trying to get home from the brewery seemed to take forever.

average 1 year, 10 months ago

One day rides: I've done right at a century (100 miles) twice.

Multi-day: 6 days from St Louis downtown (took Amtrak there, crossed briefly into Illinois) to Lawrence primarily via the Katy Trail.

rockchalker52 1 year, 10 months ago

Back in the 70's I used to ride a bike to a job in extreme NW Lawrence while living in extreme SE Lawrence. That's prolly, what, 20 or 25 miles round trip?

RoeDapple 1 year, 10 months ago

I ran a lot of laps around the track wearing my bike under my gym clothes in high school.

CWGOKU 1 year, 10 months ago

About an hour, I rode the exercise bike at the gym for an hour because there was a cute gal running on a treadmill in front of that exercise bike, I pedaled as long as she ran

autie 1 year, 10 months ago

It has been so long since I rode a bike....I really don't have any idea. It couldn't have been far. It probably involved alcohol. I'm more of a bike mechanic than a bike rider.

Andini 1 year, 10 months ago

1. The training wheels really slow me down.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 10 months ago

Flint Hills Death Ride. 70 or so miles. I puked at the end.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 1 year, 10 months ago

120 miles in one day. Several multi-day trips of several hundred miles, including one Bike Across Kansas about 25 years ago.

thuja 1 year, 10 months ago

81 miles in one day. 230 miles in 4 days.