Previous   Next

What does fashion mean to you?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 25, 2012

Browse the archives

“I think it’s an extension of you — a way to express yourself.”

“I don’t follow much ‘fashion;’ I just wear what I want.”

“Fashion is wearable art — a way of presenting yourself.”

“I’m not sure, but I think jean shorts are cool.”

Comments

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 4 months ago

I love those guys, they are so extremely cool. Yesterday I was reading a very interesting web site on the weapons used in the movie Shooter and how they were painted to blend in with the scenery. I can't remember the name of the movie but it is based on a Tom Clancy novel, stars Harrison Ford and has a scene at the beginning where they are training to sneak up on people.

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

Also, cargo pants/shorts, dark t-shirts and Dad Shoes

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

Act Like A Caveman Day July 25th

Gee, I thought it was every day . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

That reminds me. I still need to get my tranny fixed.

kernal 2 years, 4 months ago

No one wants to see your tush except your mama. Pull up your damn pants!

gphawk89 2 years, 4 months ago

Color-coordinated grip, handguard, stock, magazine, and sling.

rockchalker52 2 years, 4 months ago

It's fashionable to retro-fit the downtown area. Looks like 1st Mgmt et al finally got their piece of the pie. 'Oh, buildin' on up, on the east side.'

Flap Doodle 2 years, 4 months ago

People with gnarly, tree-root looking toes should not wear sandals. That's my $0.02.

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

Ole RoeDy has this t-shirt tucked away. They don't make 'em anymore . . .

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 4 months ago

How about you post a list of all your gear so we can call dibbs?

labmonkey 2 years, 4 months ago

Black, synthetic stocks are fine on newer model rifles, but older, military type rifles should always sport wooden stocks and furniture.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 4 months ago

I do love fashion. I just wish I could afford more, but in case of a Zombie Apocolyspe I am going to commander a really cool 18 wheeler and customize it. It will have a few pieces of cushy furniture, floor to ceiling bookcases and of course lots and lots of clothes and shoes. I can wear whatever I want and never count the price. I am going to Rock The Apocolyspe!!!

scopi_guy 2 years, 4 months ago

Not wearing flip flops. Ever.

"I happen to be the height of teen fashion" --Tracey Turnblad 1988

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 4 months ago

I reckon you have no idea of exactly what I am capable of doing. In case of Zombie Apocolyspe I could let all the stops out and no one to tell me any different.

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

Pulling triples can be fun, unless you need to back up. Then it's like herding snakes. Blindfolded.

Here it is with just two . . .

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 4 months ago

I like the idea of triples. Put portholes in the side to shoot from and use one as a medical unit. If you are surrounded by Zombies and back up, swaying from side to side as you put the pedal to the metal and go full speed ahead? Whoa, Nellie, good morning, good afternoon and good night!

FlintlockRifle 2 years, 4 months ago

Roe, this is scary your choice of clothing is same as mine, also my dad drove over the road for Yellow for about 30 years, He hated to pull the 3 bottons, but it was a good paying job. I still have the traveling fever in my blood, but I never got a job driving a rig, went with dad several time back when Yellow Transit had the old 1/2 cabs and the twin shift tranny, He would let me drive on some trips when he was running the Oak City run . Never did catch on to the twin shift pattern.

Kirk Larson 2 years, 4 months ago

Comfort and utility never go out of style.