Previous   Next

What was your first pet?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 23, 2012

Browse the archives

“A doggie named Aiden.”

“A beta fish, in the first year of college.”

“A golden retriever named Goldie. We weren’t very creative, but she was great. ”

Comments

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

A sweet but feisty chihuahua/pomeranian mix named Pablo. That doggie jumped into the fray more than once to protect his pet cat from an aggressor. The cat & the would-be cat chasers were all bigger than he was.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

True story. The first one I can remember was a collie pup given to my dad from a co-worker in '53. The day he brought it home it ran behind the neighbors car and was killed. I don't think we had even named it yet. Other than that he was always "rescuing" strays and unwanted dogs, cats and parakeets over the years. One that stands out was a registered English Sheepdog named "Pogo Snow Boots". Hated that dog, dumber than a rock. Did have a few nice Shepherds and Collies though.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

That too. But I was underage so I cain't talkaboutit

FlintlockRifle 2 years, 5 months ago

A Boston Bull dog named Spike, when I was 6 years old. Ugly dog but we had lots of fun together running and playing along the Walky River bank, west of town----

Flap Doodle 2 years, 5 months ago

I thought my parents had given me a very shy turtle. Years later I discovered it was actually a rock.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 5 months ago

Thanks from this gorgeous grandma! My grandfather had a pack of black and tan hounds that he used to hunt with and I remember seeing a stack of papers each other proving something or other about each one of the dogs. My grandmother said he knew more about the dogs than about his own children. I used to run up right in the middle of the pack, I loved those dogs. Later I had a white dog with a black spot, his name was......Spot.

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

Black & Tan Hounds is a great name for a craft beer.

oldbaldguy 2 years, 5 months ago

an escape artist basset hound named Cleo. my little brother would share dog biscuits with her.

Deja Coffin 2 years, 5 months ago

A dog..... but seriously folks how the heck are ya? I haven't been on here in forever..... before they had the "like" option. Yay for "like" buttons, now I get to go through all the articles and like things!!! Way to step it up LJWORLD!

George_Braziller 2 years, 5 months ago

My parents had a black and white cat named "Monster" when I was born and there are pictures of me with him when I was about one year old.

However the first pet I remember was a giant solid black short haired cat named "Ringo" My sister and I named him that just because we liked the name even though we didn't have a clue who Ringo Starr was.