Previous   Next

What was your first pet?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 23, 2012

Browse the archives

“A doggie named Aiden.”

“A beta fish, in the first year of college.”

“A golden retriever named Goldie. We weren’t very creative, but she was great. ”

Comments

SOS 1 year, 8 months ago

A dog named King. He went a runnin' after deer. Wasn't 'fraid of jumpin' off the truck in high gear.

Actually, the first pet I can remember was a good ole German Shephard named King. We went on vacation for week or two and left him at the vet we knew. The vet was a friend of the family and knew the dog and King knew him. King laid down and died while we were gone. The vet even took King home to his own house that King knew, and King even knew the neighbors and their kids. Doc Swanson, Welborn Kansas, a truly great vet that cared. King was a truly great dog.

George_Braziller 1 year, 8 months ago

My parents had a black and white cat named "Monster" when I was born and there are pictures of me with him when I was about one year old.

However the first pet I remember was a giant solid black short haired cat named "Ringo" My sister and I named him that just because we liked the name even though we didn't have a clue who Ringo Starr was.

Deja Coffin 1 year, 8 months ago

A dog..... but seriously folks how the heck are ya? I haven't been on here in forever..... before they had the "like" option. Yay for "like" buttons, now I get to go through all the articles and like things!!! Way to step it up LJWORLD!

oldbaldguy 1 year, 8 months ago

an escape artist basset hound named Cleo. my little brother would share dog biscuits with her.

g_rock 1 year, 8 months ago

My goldfish wasn't as fun as I thought it was when I was a kid....kind of happy when it croaked. :(

prospector 1 year, 8 months ago

Gus

Beatrice likes her Zumba as I recall.

Bob, What do you expect? They are almost French.

It figures, our freaky stone friend grooves to an Erratic. I bet his isn't smart enough to get out of the street either.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 8 months ago

Does the rumba really work? - T_O_B
I thought you were an adherent of the tango.

P.S. In this heat I would stick with a chocolate of at least 85% cacao.
P.P.S. At 85% + cacao levels you get the added health benefits.. .
Lower cardiovascular disease, lower bad cholesterol, mood elevation, stress reduction, lower colon cancer rates, increased joint health, and as a natural appetite suppressant.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 8 months ago

Thanks from this gorgeous grandma! My grandfather had a pack of black and tan hounds that he used to hunt with and I remember seeing a stack of papers each other proving something or other about each one of the dogs. My grandmother said he knew more about the dogs than about his own children. I used to run up right in the middle of the pack, I loved those dogs. Later I had a white dog with a black spot, his name was......Spot.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 8 months ago

Dayem. Diversified.

Nestlé has some 8,000 brands,[19] with a wide range of products across a number of markets, including coffee, bottled water, milkshakes and other beverages, breakfast cereals, infant foods, performance and healthcare nutrition, seasonings, soups and sauces, frozen and refrigerated foods, and pet food.[20] Nestlé's best known brands include: Coffee and tea - Coffee mate - Nescafé - Nespresso - Nestea and Enviga (controlled by the joint venture with The Coca-Cola Company, called Beverage Partners Worldwide) - Ricoré - Sweet Leaf Tea Bottled water (Nestlé Waters) - Aquarel - Arrowhead Water - Contrex - Deer Park Spring Water - Ice Mountain - Perrier - Poland Spring - Nestle Pure Life - San Pellegrino - Vittel - Ozarka Milkshakes and other beverages - Carnation - Caro - Juicy Juice - Milo - Nesquik - Ovaltine - La Laitière (controlled by the joint venture with Lactalis)[21] Chocolate and confectionery - Aero - After Eight - Butterfinger - Caramac - KitKat - Lion Bar - Galak/Milky Bar - PowerBar - Quality Street - Rolo - Rowntree products - Smarties - Wonka products - Toffee Crisp Performance and healthcare nutrition - Boost - PowerBar Ice cream - Dreyer's - Drumstick - Häagen-Dazs - Maxibon - Mövenpick Ice Cream - Parlour Breakfast cereals (some distributed by Cereal Partners Worldwide, the joint venture with General Mills) - Cheerios - Chocapic - Golden Nuggets - Nestle Fitness - Nesquik - Shreddies - Trix Baby food - Cerelac - Gerber - Nido - S-26 Gold, SMA and Promil (acquired from Pfizer Inc.) Seasonings, soups and sauces (Nestlé Professional) - Buitoni - Davigel - Maggi - CHEF Frozen and refrigerated foods - DiGiorno (pizza) - Herta - Hot Pockets - Lean Cuisine - Stouffer's Pet food (Nestlé Purina Pet Care) - Dog Chow - Felix - Friskies - Purina ONE - Winalot Pharmaceutical products and active cosmetics (controlled by joint ventures with L'Oréal) - Innéov - Biotherm - Galderma Life insurance - Gerber Life Insurance Company

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 8 months ago

How does Nestle stay in business? Their chocolate sucks.

autie 1 year, 8 months ago

when I was a kid Pappa had an old bird dog..one of them Weimeranersers..Hell of a good old dog.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 8 months ago

I thought my parents had given me a very shy turtle. Years later I discovered it was actually a rock.

My_Life 1 year, 8 months ago

that's a no-brainer, sioux quartzite

FlintlockRifle 1 year, 8 months ago

A Boston Bull dog named Spike, when I was 6 years old. Ugly dog but we had lots of fun together running and playing along the Walky River bank, west of town----

RoeDapple 1 year, 8 months ago

That too. But I was underage so I cain't talkaboutit

RoeDapple 1 year, 8 months ago

True story. The first one I can remember was a collie pup given to my dad from a co-worker in '53. The day he brought it home it ran behind the neighbors car and was killed. I don't think we had even named it yet. Other than that he was always "rescuing" strays and unwanted dogs, cats and parakeets over the years. One that stands out was a registered English Sheepdog named "Pogo Snow Boots". Hated that dog, dumber than a rock. Did have a few nice Shepherds and Collies though.

rockchalker52 1 year, 8 months ago

A sweet but feisty chihuahua/pomeranian mix named Pablo. That doggie jumped into the fray more than once to protect his pet cat from an aggressor. The cat & the would-be cat chasers were all bigger than he was.

Benjamin Roberts 1 year, 8 months ago

First? A black dachshund, named Blackie. Dad gave it away after it kept him up all night barking to get in and then running off when the door was opened.

See what I did with that First?