Previous   Next

What is your best sidewalk sale find?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 16, 2012

Browse the archives

“I go every year; it’s hard to remember all the best finds. But I know I usually make out like a bandit at the Gap sale.”

“Last year, I got a really cute t-shirt for $10 at Acme.”

“I haven’t been before but I’m looking forward to it this year. I hope to get some clothes, particularly at Urban Outfitters.”

Comments

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 9 months ago

"whispers "I forgive you"'

Actually the voice I heard said "Yo te perdono", but same difference.

Final season curse?

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 9 months ago

"whispers "I forgive you"'

That was freaking cheesy. Some parts of the show don't jive with me.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 9 months ago

"He also should watch the show when it airs." - T_O_B

Arghhh. It's 48°F in Buenos Aires.

/whispers "I forgive you"

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 9 months ago

"RoeDy's House of Paranoia sez . . .

"How big of a magnet?""

Unless he already knew what was going on, that shouldn't mean anything to him. And he got it wrong. I judge it not a spoiler.

He also should watch the show when it airs.

CWGOKU 1 year, 9 months ago

"A woman standing on the corner outside of the eldridge who took me upstairs to her room for $40.00" Andini

I think that was man

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

RoeDy's House of Paranoia sez . . .

"How big of a magnet?"

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 9 months ago

"Now once again a spoiler has ruined my enjoyment of a TV series and the plot has failed and gone south."

What spoiler?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 9 months ago

"I need to get me a big magnet" - T_O_B

You gotta be freaking kidding.

Every plot in TV and film is just reused, recycled and remade.

In "The Big Easy" Dennis Quaid's character throws a big magnet through a store window where in is put in to the evidence room next to the video tape evidence of him getting kickbacks. The tape is erased and there is no evidence of him being corrupt.

You probably never saw that because that was in the day in America when they did not let 8 year old kids into R rated movies.
Ellen Barkin had this raw sexuality going for her in that movie.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

Yeah . . . and when you get it home you still have it to maintain and keep the snow shoveled off.

CWGOKU 1 year, 9 months ago

Even if you got a great deal on a sidewalk, I would think they would be too hot to pick up this Summer. Why don't they move the sale to a cooler time of year.

g_rock 1 year, 9 months ago

Are there drink specials at all the bars and restaurants along Mass on sidewalk sale day? Cause I may enjoy that...

prospector 1 year, 9 months ago

I found all the crap that nobody needs.

Nobody likes the sidewalk sale. Nobody.

riverdrifter 1 year, 9 months ago

I quit going to the sidewalk sale long ago when it finally dawned on me that no one on Mass. St. was ever going to have a sale on Browning over/under shotguns. Ever.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 9 months ago

"A wide shaft was cribbed and braced every 12 feet with rough two by twelve inch planks that reached from wall to wall in a wagon wheel type support as the digging progressed. This was done for safety of the workers as they shoveled soil into barrels and hoisted the barrels to the surface. The braces were sawed off after the stones were fitted around them. When the desired depth was achieved, numerous lengths of perforated pipe were driven horizontally at the bottom of the wall into the water bearing gravel. This served to increase the flow of water into the well basin."

autie 1 year, 9 months ago

Was the stone work in the worldest largest hand dug well done from the top down or the bottom up? No one seems to know for sure.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 9 months ago

"I found out yesterday I shoulda taken Chemistry 101 instead of Typesetting 101" Roed

I need to get me a big magnet.

autie 1 year, 9 months ago

I missed wishing everybody Happy Bastille Day. I was on walkabout. Don't tell my mother but I just went and switched my party affiliation just so I can vote for the candidate that the AFP didn't endorse. Smoke that Mr. Sontag-Jones.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

I found out yesterday I shoulda taken Chemistry 101 instead of Typesetting 101

Chris Ogle 1 year, 9 months ago

I found the sidewalk last night......after a couple of failed attempts.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 9 months ago

I will tell you what it wasn't.

It sure as hell wasn't spoilers to the new season of the only show that very well may not fall apart during during it's final season or just become irksome or tiresome.

Why? because I hate having to talk like a pirate saying things like "ARGHHH", "Avast, ya scurvy varmints", "Shiver me BitTorrents" and of course the basic fact and common knowlege that Coke® ruins rum.

Rum that should only contact (and in this order): mint leaves, sugar and lime juice (after they are muddled together), then the addition of ice and soda water.

(Btw, crushed ice is the bomb)

rockchalker52 1 year, 9 months ago

spent fifty cents on some lip balm at Round Corner. Big tube with the good stuff in it, not that knockoff balm. Went to pay for some fancy mustard but I'd lost the two twenties I'd wrapped together. Anybody seen 'em? They had Jackson's mug on the one side, buncha printing on the other...

CWGOKU 1 year, 9 months ago

A phone number written on a sidewalk. It said if you wanted to have a good time, to call the number. I did. And I did.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

Today is National Hotdog Day! Pass the mustard!

g_rock 1 year, 9 months ago

Totally forgot....I'm usually out of town on sidewalk sale day. I think the last time I went, Arensberg's was still around.

Andini 1 year, 9 months ago

Flap Doodle 1 year, 9 months ago

A lemur wearing a duffle coat and an old hat.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

Two $20 bills folded tightly around each other. Please give an exact description to claim.

Benjamin Roberts 1 year, 9 months ago

It is amazing how bright the sun and faces are at midnight.

labmonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

Holy cliffhanger Batman... I am not sure I can handle waiting two more years for the Metalocalypse cliffhanger to be resolved.