Previous   Next

If you could see any speaker who would it be?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 11, 2012

Browse the archives

“I would really pick Eisenhower. He was one of the most powerful presidents we had.”

“Tony Robbins. He is pretty inspirational.”

“I would like to see President Obama, and I have seen him before.”

“The Dalai Lama.”

Related story

Comments

TheStonesSuck 3 years ago

Martin Luther King Jr. A half century later, his sermons inspire this ol' atheist.

Gart 3 years ago

Strange question to begin with. Like the question which gave the answer away yesterday.... "I'll take 100 degree days for $100 Alex." That would be after "S" Words' and "Therapists" for four hundred "Alex." - Not Parker.

I don't like to look at speakers. Must be a public speaking thing. That is my answer.

BTW. Does this new platform allow for PM's like the ones that used to be monitored? I would like to drop a message to someone on here if possible. It came from Alcatraz, I think. And it said that I had to send it to 12 friends for my wish to come true. Was a very rar'a message.

Gart 3 years ago

Thanks, RoeD. Am not familiar with this new platform.

Gart 3 years ago

Thanks, RoeD. Am not familiar with the new platform. - Gart

riverdrifter 3 years ago

Actually, seeing is part of it. Anyway: Probably FDR, Churchill, JFK, MLK. Of course, Lincoln at Gettysburgh and anything Crazy Horse would have quoted, but those are rare. "This is the lodge of Crazy Horse." (isn't one, but I love it).

RoeDapple 3 years ago

God. cuz seein' is believin'. Will it cost me a 10% tithe? Will he take a check?

And the Easter Bunny. And Santa Claus.

And Sarah Palin.

Gart 3 years ago

You got it, Autie. Was trying to be as simple as possible. Question still not answered. Can one send a PM on this new platform?

BTW - Descartes, and his "plane" got me though several years of math. More than a double negative to even things out. I have always loved numbers and that guy figured them out.

Alex Parker 3 years ago

Yes, you can send private messages just as you have been able to in the past.

somedude20 3 years ago

Christina Hendrcks, but she does not have to speak

somedude20 3 years ago

No one has said Helen Keller yet...now that is a thing that makes you go hmmmmmm.

I would like to see ALF give a lecture about eating cats

Leslie Swearingen 3 years ago

People vote for someone who shares their values don't they, so we pretty much know that a lot of Germans were anti-semitic a long time before Hitler came long. The economy was in a royal mess and Hitler took a few years to get going, but he listened to what people were saying before he made his pitch. He was going to remake the map of Europe, as a start, with a little help from his friends.

Topple 3 years ago

I was going to say Hitler, also.

Leslie Swearingen 3 years ago

Why on earth would they wear cowboy hats? What hat would be truly symbolic of America? Like Elton John sang in Pinball Machine, I don't know!

Gart 3 years ago

Heck, if that was the only thing I had to protect I would use it. But, then again, you have a lot more hair. No fair.

rockchalker52 3 years ago

Holy star stalking, Batman! The ink is hardly dry on the divorce papers. No Cruise auditions for at least another week.

labmonkey 3 years ago

Darrel Hammond as Bill Clinton.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Damn! My posts haven't posted for 2 hours! what the he . . . ?

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Ima thinkin now the link I was tryin to post was the holdup. Found another source for the same info and it posted. 'Course the heat had died down by then . . ..

kernal 3 years ago

Posts missing, can't like any comments... Did I die and miss the whole thing?

At least my password is still good if I make it back from the alternate universe.