Previous   Next

If you could see any speaker who would it be?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 11, 2012

Browse the archives

“I would really pick Eisenhower. He was one of the most powerful presidents we had.”

“Tony Robbins. He is pretty inspirational.”

“I would like to see President Obama, and I have seen him before.”

“The Dalai Lama.”

Related story

Comments

TheStonesSuck 2 years, 5 months ago

Martin Luther King Jr. A half century later, his sermons inspire this ol' atheist.

Gart 2 years, 5 months ago

Strange question to begin with. Like the question which gave the answer away yesterday.... "I'll take 100 degree days for $100 Alex." That would be after "S" Words' and "Therapists" for four hundred "Alex." - Not Parker.

I don't like to look at speakers. Must be a public speaking thing. That is my answer.

BTW. Does this new platform allow for PM's like the ones that used to be monitored? I would like to drop a message to someone on here if possible. It came from Alcatraz, I think. And it said that I had to send it to 12 friends for my wish to come true. Was a very rar'a message.

Gart 2 years, 5 months ago

Thanks, RoeD. Am not familiar with this new platform.

Gart 2 years, 5 months ago

Thanks, RoeD. Am not familiar with the new platform. - Gart

riverdrifter 2 years, 5 months ago

Actually, seeing is part of it. Anyway: Probably FDR, Churchill, JFK, MLK. Of course, Lincoln at Gettysburgh and anything Crazy Horse would have quoted, but those are rare. "This is the lodge of Crazy Horse." (isn't one, but I love it).

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

God. cuz seein' is believin'. Will it cost me a 10% tithe? Will he take a check?

And the Easter Bunny. And Santa Claus.

And Sarah Palin.

Gart 2 years, 5 months ago

You got it, Autie. Was trying to be as simple as possible. Question still not answered. Can one send a PM on this new platform?

BTW - Descartes, and his "plane" got me though several years of math. More than a double negative to even things out. I have always loved numbers and that guy figured them out.

Alex Parker 2 years, 5 months ago

Yes, you can send private messages just as you have been able to in the past.

somedude20 2 years, 5 months ago

Christina Hendrcks, but she does not have to speak

somedude20 2 years, 5 months ago

No one has said Helen Keller yet...now that is a thing that makes you go hmmmmmm.

I would like to see ALF give a lecture about eating cats

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 5 months ago

People vote for someone who shares their values don't they, so we pretty much know that a lot of Germans were anti-semitic a long time before Hitler came long. The economy was in a royal mess and Hitler took a few years to get going, but he listened to what people were saying before he made his pitch. He was going to remake the map of Europe, as a start, with a little help from his friends.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 5 months ago

Why on earth would they wear cowboy hats? What hat would be truly symbolic of America? Like Elton John sang in Pinball Machine, I don't know!

Gart 2 years, 5 months ago

Heck, if that was the only thing I had to protect I would use it. But, then again, you have a lot more hair. No fair.

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

Holy star stalking, Batman! The ink is hardly dry on the divorce papers. No Cruise auditions for at least another week.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Damn! My posts haven't posted for 2 hours! what the he . . . ?

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Ima thinkin now the link I was tryin to post was the holdup. Found another source for the same info and it posted. 'Course the heat had died down by then . . ..

kernal 2 years, 5 months ago

Posts missing, can't like any comments... Did I die and miss the whole thing?

At least my password is still good if I make it back from the alternate universe.