Previous   Next

How many days this year do you think it has been over 100 degrees? (It has been over 100 degrees 11 days this year.)

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 10, 2012

Browse the archives

“Eight maybe. I don’t know.”

“A lot.”

“Eleven.”

“Ten maybe.”

Comments

Gart 2 years, 5 months ago

WTFlipp? Question asked and answered. Thanks LJW. This could have been a great opportunity for a "Ronathon." It this kind of weather when we need to appreciate those days of old. No central A.C. A lot of fans moving air. Listening to Butt-Rock!

Time for a new Butt-Rock Revival for all that are living without A.C. Waking up to the heat and making the day. Go Butt-Rock!!

beatrice 2 years, 5 months ago

Gart, believe it or not, I was at this very concert! A Day on the Green in Oakland. The Outlaws opened, then Santana, then Skynyrd, then Peter Frampton -- I kid you not.

Couple of weeks later I saw Led Zeppelin at another Day on the Green. Good times in 1977.

Gart 2 years, 5 months ago

YES! Oh, Yeah. I could get down with you! Damn, that must have been a good one.

Gart 2 years, 5 months ago

And another one for "Butt-Rock." These guys never even wore underwear. Can you imagine the stink?

LIVE ON BUTT-ROCK!

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

The high in Anchorage, AK this week will be 63 on Thursday. But the mosquitoes are as big as sparrows and block out the sun

Mary Darst 2 years, 5 months ago

Only the number of days I have been camping.....toooo many.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Meanwhile, the temperature in Death Valley, California will reach 125 degrees today and tomorrow with humidity at 9 percent. Ground temperatures could be as high as 200 degrees. There is however a 10 percent chance of rain on Tuesday. . . .

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 5 months ago

Road trip, in fully outfitted RV's, nice big ones. I would like to see the place in the Valley where the stones roll and no one can find out why, since there is nothing to move them.

wmathews 2 years, 5 months ago

You are slowly poisoning yourself with that combination.

wmathews 2 years, 5 months ago

Awesome. Life is great. Work is great. Decided to drop in and see how the old gang was holding up.

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

The sun is the color of a fine mustard sometimes. Hot like a lot of 'em, too. How many hot mustards do you think there are?

wmathews 2 years, 5 months ago

It doesn't matter. They should all be destroyed.

Jonathan Kealing 2 years, 5 months ago

Minnesota is absolutely lovely this time of year. Mid 80s. Though we did have two 100+ degree days last week.

wmathews 2 years, 5 months ago

The bugs are not lovely on your 10,000 lakes, JK. In Hibbing the mosquitoes were the size of birds.

Jonathan Kealing 2 years, 5 months ago

So, don't go to Hibbing. We have normal-sized bugs down here in Minneapolis.

wmathews 2 years, 5 months ago

Oh nothing. Just dropping in to say hello. Hello, OTS. <3

wmathews 2 years, 5 months ago

I like this thumbs up thing. I'm thumbs upping posts like crazy.

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

R_I, careful taking travel advice from The_O. Signs are posted along the trade routes:

Do not approach, if spotted as that means he probably has the measles.

Do not approach, if spotted as that means he probably has the measles. by rockchalker52

wmathews 2 years, 5 months ago

"Can you believe they did a redesign and left threading as an option?" - Biscuits

So sorry for your threading problems. I'm trying to care. I swear.

somedude20 2 years, 5 months ago

Let me be the positive one here. All of those hot days had the women folk in very little clothing and their skin was glistening in the hot sun, was fine sight to see.

Jonathan Kealing 2 years, 5 months ago

I don't know if this is karma for WM and I both posting on LJ today or what, but I just saw on Twitter that the court approved the SLT. Holy cow! The SLT is actually going to get built? Wonders never cease.

wmathews 2 years, 5 months ago

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE LITTLE WETLAND CREATURES AND THEIR TEENY FAMILIES?!

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Dammit, dammit, dammit! Did I get here too late to see Whitney? And JK?

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

That one DOES seem to be making the rounds. ;-)

wmathews 2 years, 5 months ago

"Mosquitos, while teeny, have very large famillies." - Biscuits

I mean teeny in SIZE not family tree.

wmathews 2 years, 5 months ago

Tuesday is an off day. Ass-kicking is scheduled for tomorrow at 6 a.m.

I am actually at work today. Just a slower week.

webmocker 2 years, 5 months ago

"...What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do? Put it up to eleven...."

(from This Is Spinal Tap)

Gart 2 years, 5 months ago

WAIT! WAIT! I would like to change my answer. I don't think it was over 100 Degrees like the answer given. Too easy a' question. My answer will be later as I am trying to tri-cifer Fahrenheit into Celsius into Kelvins. Don't think it was 11 days. But, it was hot.

Which one of these 100's were you referring to? Trick question, me thinks. Am going to go outside a p*ss on the bushes for now as there have been too many critters around looking for water. Them Opossum's can get nasty.