Previous   Next

If you could choose to learn how to play one song on the piano, what would it be?

Asked at Massachusetts Streets on July 7, 2012

Browse the archives

“‘Rach 2’ (Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2) because it’s typical and I would have to play it perfectly if I had to play any piece. This is granting me super powers right?”

“‘Blood and Thunder,’ by Mastodon. I don’t know if that would work, but I’d like to try. It is not the song you think you would hear on a piano.”

“I would say ‘You Come To Me,’ by Beach House. I honestly think it is one of the most beautiful Beach House songs there is. It’s really dreamy and hypnotic.”

“Great Balls of Fire,’ by Jerry Lee Lewis. It gets you up and gets you dancing.”

Related story

Comments

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

Anything by Beethoven for my role as Schroeder in "WTF, Charlie Brown!"

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

When my daughter was 6 years old she played a simplified version of MBD. She went on to get her degree in music education and a few years ago sat down to our badly in need of tuning piano and played a very similar version to your post. From memory.

FloridaSunshine 2 years, 5 months ago

This is one of the sweetest, dearest videos I've seen (and I'm not even a "cat lover")...must send this to my granddaughter!!

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

They just spelled it wrong, prospector. left out the O & the T.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 5 months ago

I go with Great Balls of Fire, anyone see Top Gun, that was a great scene. I loved the movie for the tomcats, I think fighter planes are marvelous and have read all of Tom Clancy so I fancy I know something about them as well as subs.

DrQuack 2 years, 5 months ago

No one responded with any classical piano piece. I guess the general public is really unfamiliar with great musical works of superb creation.

FloridaSunshine 2 years, 5 months ago

Or maybe some of us already know how to play... :~)

gphawk89 2 years, 5 months ago

I taught myself Mozart's Turkish March during one jobless summer break. Couldn't play anything else, but I could rip through that song.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 5 months ago

Maurice Ravel: Bolero - it was the background music in the first Star Trek series and I think some of the others.