Previous   Next

Have you seen any good movies yet this summer?

Browse the archives

“Madagascar 3.’ It was funny and family-friendly and you don’t have to be a 3-year-old to watch it.””

“Prometheus.’ It was good, but the last 30 minutes got too weird for me.””

“Prometheus.’ It was a good, nontraditional blockbuster film”

“The Hunger Games.’ It was ‘Truman Show’ meets ‘American Idol’ but with more death”

Comments

DillonBarnes 2 years, 5 months ago

That's exactly what 'American Idol' needs, more death!

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

No, but I did see "The Three Stooges" & "MIB3"

appleaday 2 years, 5 months ago

Moonrise Kingdom was great; also Bernie, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Madagascar, and Brave

classclown 2 years, 5 months ago

Has anyone put out any good movies yet this summer?

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Sure did! "High Noon" starring Gary Cooper and Lloyd Bridges.

Gart 2 years, 5 months ago

Saw it too, RoeD. How can one choose between Gary Cooper an Marion Michael Morrison? Both GREATS! Not anyone around that can hold a candle to them today. Maybe Clint, but that is still going back.

Sorry. To get back to topic and my answer: Not anything good so far. However, I would enjoy seeing Promitiuses with Lindsey and making the last 30 minutes more enjoyable.

Gart 2 years, 5 months ago

Oops, forgot. "Mirror, Mirror". Yeah, am sure I will get some bad replies for saying that it was pretty good. Bring it on. Is a good movie and my little girl liked it. Ok? Bring it on.

Gart 2 years, 5 months ago

LJW. Why is there no notation of where the photog has taken the OTS pictures lately?

somedude20 2 years, 5 months ago

Um, and Ms. Theron's derrière looked stellar in that body suit she was wearing (IMAX 3-D..yumyum)

somedude20 2 years, 5 months ago

The "Sexorcist," "The Loin King" and "Pulp Friction" were all stellar films!

FloridaSunshine 2 years, 5 months ago

I didn't realize there were any good movies "out there".

Several friends and I have a cycle of watching our favorite movies on DVD...we go through everyone's favorites and start the cycle all over again. We watch a VAST assortment from documentaries to musicals to comedies to suspense (Hitchcock is a favorite of one of our group)...Sophie's Choice, The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, and dozens more of that same great quality. This sure beats anything offered to us these days from Hollyscumwood. But that's just my opinion...and several close friends and my daughter, agree. We have wonderful "movie evenings"...we meet, usually, every other week. We set up this "system" several years ago...so, wherever I am, I have a group of fellow movie lovers (only quality productions) and we have wonderful evenings together. We each bring our best home-made, appetizer-type foods and serve coffee, wine, tea, and good ol' water (my favorite!). We alternate between homes. FUN!!

Some of you all may want to start gathering with friends to watch the oldies but goodies...it's SO worth it to not go to the movies and be thoroughly disappointed in wasting your time and money on garbage from the drugged minds present-day Hollyscumwood is trying to pass off as "talent".

asixbury 2 years, 5 months ago

Really want to see Moonrise Kingdom. Anything Bill Murray is in, I want to see.

"6 people alive in this world and one of them is Bill F***ing Murray!"

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 5 months ago

Yep, we are going to the tippy top of the a list!

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 5 months ago

I saw The Marathon Man with Dustin Hoffman. Anyone old enough to remember when, is it safe, was the catchphrase of the day?

Gart 2 years, 5 months ago

No. It is not safe. (DRILL). YES, It is Safe. (DRILL). No, (DRILL).