Previous   Next

Have you seen any good movies yet this summer?

Browse the archives

“Madagascar 3.’ It was funny and family-friendly and you don’t have to be a 3-year-old to watch it.””

“Prometheus.’ It was good, but the last 30 minutes got too weird for me.””

“Prometheus.’ It was a good, nontraditional blockbuster film”

“The Hunger Games.’ It was ‘Truman Show’ meets ‘American Idol’ but with more death”

Comments

Finnbar1 1 year, 9 months ago

I ADORED 'Moonrise Kingdom'

Gart 1 year, 9 months ago

No. It is not safe. (DRILL). YES, It is Safe. (DRILL). No, (DRILL).

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 9 months ago

I saw The Marathon Man with Dustin Hoffman. Anyone old enough to remember when, is it safe, was the catchphrase of the day?

asixbury 1 year, 9 months ago

Really want to see Moonrise Kingdom. Anything Bill Murray is in, I want to see.

"6 people alive in this world and one of them is Bill F***ing Murray!"

CWGOKU 1 year, 9 months ago

"Hollywood movies, what a flippin' waste." Prospector

Great response, wish I had said that

FloridaSunshine 1 year, 9 months ago

I didn't realize there were any good movies "out there".

Several friends and I have a cycle of watching our favorite movies on DVD...we go through everyone's favorites and start the cycle all over again. We watch a VAST assortment from documentaries to musicals to comedies to suspense (Hitchcock is a favorite of one of our group)...Sophie's Choice, The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, and dozens more of that same great quality. This sure beats anything offered to us these days from Hollyscumwood. But that's just my opinion...and several close friends and my daughter, agree. We have wonderful "movie evenings"...we meet, usually, every other week. We set up this "system" several years ago...so, wherever I am, I have a group of fellow movie lovers (only quality productions) and we have wonderful evenings together. We each bring our best home-made, appetizer-type foods and serve coffee, wine, tea, and good ol' water (my favorite!). We alternate between homes. FUN!!

Some of you all may want to start gathering with friends to watch the oldies but goodies...it's SO worth it to not go to the movies and be thoroughly disappointed in wasting your time and money on garbage from the drugged minds present-day Hollyscumwood is trying to pass off as "talent".

prospector 1 year, 9 months ago

Hollywood movies, what a flippin' waste.

CWGOKU 1 year, 9 months ago

No, cuz Pauley Shore has not made any movies lately.

The Twilight movies need to be loaded up, taken way out into the Atlantic and thrown overboard.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 9 months ago

"Nude Nuns With Big Guns" was entertaining from the nunsploitation aspect, but it was not really good. "The Hunger Games" was a let down compared to the book, The "Avengers" was so - so.

It is just too hot and too dry.

somedude20 1 year, 9 months ago

The "Sexorcist," "The Loin King" and "Pulp Friction" were all stellar films!

tange 1 year, 9 months ago

Saw Prometheus. Though more visually stunning than its Alien predecessors, it's clear they were reaching for a broader audience. Somewhat uneven, seeding a new franchise with more questions than answers, it vacillated between mythical/mysterious and zombie mundane, with a few rather dramatic sequences which may have had this chick flick nixing future chick ticks.

CWGOKU 1 year, 9 months ago

No, not yet. I'd like to see Kami in a movie

BABBOY 1 year, 9 months ago

I liked the The Avengers. Saw that one. I have always been a fan of the The Hulk....

Wanted to see Prometheus, but I hate weird endings so forget about that one.

May see Spiderman but probably wait for it come out on the cable box as they just did one with that other guy.....

Same thing for Batman, might go but probably just wait for it come on the cable box and buy it there watch it at home with the morons distracting me....(and if you go to Batman movie the geeks will be out in force). (as there is a little geek hidden deep inside of me -- I know)

Flap Doodle 1 year, 9 months ago

Avengers has been the best so far.

profound 1 year, 9 months ago

Shane. Ain't none better. Well, maybe Forrest Gump.

Gart 1 year, 9 months ago

LJW. Why is there no notation of where the photog has taken the OTS pictures lately?

Gart 1 year, 9 months ago

Oops, forgot. "Mirror, Mirror". Yeah, am sure I will get some bad replies for saying that it was pretty good. Bring it on. Is a good movie and my little girl liked it. Ok? Bring it on.

Pywacket 1 year, 9 months ago

Just saw Moonrise Kingdom a few days ago. Excellent--as was Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. I still want to see Brave, To Rome With Love, Monsieur Lazhar, Dark Horse, The Woman in the Fifth, The Dictator, Last Ride, and maybe a few others. At this rate, I"m sure I'll wind up seeing many of them on DVD or Netflix.

Gart 1 year, 9 months ago

Saw it too, RoeD. How can one choose between Gary Cooper an Marion Michael Morrison? Both GREATS! Not anyone around that can hold a candle to them today. Maybe Clint, but that is still going back.

Sorry. To get back to topic and my answer: Not anything good so far. However, I would enjoy seeing Promitiuses with Lindsey and making the last 30 minutes more enjoyable.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

Sure did! "High Noon" starring Gary Cooper and Lloyd Bridges.

classclown 1 year, 9 months ago

Has anyone put out any good movies yet this summer?

appleaday 1 year, 9 months ago

Moonrise Kingdom was great; also Bernie, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Madagascar, and Brave

g_rock 1 year, 9 months ago

I would really like to see a boxing match of Magic Mike v. Katie Perry.

And Hope Springs is on my too see list for August. And I really need to get my fanny to Moonrise Kingdom this weekend!!

rockchalker52 1 year, 9 months ago

No, but I did see "The Three Stooges" & "MIB3"

speed05 1 year, 9 months ago

watched Animal House yesterday.

DillonBarnes 1 year, 9 months ago

That's exactly what 'American Idol' needs, more death!