Previous   Next

Have you ever seen a flash mob?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 31, 2012

Browse the archives

“Never in person, just in movies and on TV

“No.”

“Not in person.”

“No.”

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Not live, and don't care to.

I did see a streaker once.

I yelled "Don't look Ethyl" . . . .

But it was too late

She'd done been mooned.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Pretty sure it was Rara_ - - -

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

Came across this bondi beach flash mob vid a while back. Makes me smile every time.

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

lead balloon, wrong vid, never mind, sorry.

it was funny, tho!

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Worked for me rockchalker52! But here's the thing, now that you's outed me the witness protection people is gonna have to fix me up with a new ID and location!

Loki 2 years, 5 months ago

LadyJ 2 years, 5 months ago

Use to see them years ago at Kmart all the time. You would be shopping and they would announce a "blue light special" and everyone would run over there to see the deal.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Okay, a few flash-bangs when the mob gets outa control can liven up the party! (Remember kids, do not try this at home. We are professionals.)

Lt_Dan 2 years, 5 months ago

Hi RoeD. You finally got me to sign up. That might not be so funny if it were you.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Thought that might be you Dan! You're right, but that's the way it rolls around here.

Everybody meet Dan, he's okay.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

I knew there was a hater I was forgetting! Hi Sweeper, looking good, sweetheart! (You are a "sweetheart", right?)

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

dammit, jim. I'm still working on the last batch of questions. This bunch ain't bad.

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

I just got that, took me all day.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Okay jimjones, I'll play

If you could remain one physical age, what age would you be? 3 Have you voted for candidate from more than one party? 3 More over-rated Jimi Hendrix or Jim Morrison? Who is Morrison When was the last time you saw an ashtray? '68 When was the last time you slept in a tent? 2009 Pajamas? Not since I was 3 What % do you usually tip? More than 15, less than 20 Have you ever been in a parade? 1957 Do you respect or fear authority? respect Do you usually drive over the speed limit on a regular basis? no How fast have you ever driven a vehicle on land? 140 mph plus. speedometer limitations Do you appreciate Casual Fridays? One suit, worn once. saved it for the coffin Would you sell your soul if someone offered to buy it? no value Ever hit a stranger with a snowball? no What should be on the cover of the next phonebook? anything but Toto Paper cut or eyeball scratch? both How many WPM can you type? 5 on a good day Ever do anything in public, that’s illegal to do in public? yes. statute of limitations passed Do you believe in cloud seeding? Anything heavier than dandelion fluff falls through Should newborns be required to provide DNA samples? no Is the weather Al Gore’s fault or is it 2012? Al Gore's fault couldn't cause a ripple (tsunami) in a wading pool. Have you seen MU’s lame youtube video? no How many days of supplies do you keep on hand? Days? years . . . What free PC/MAC utilities do you use and recommend? Use several, recommend none If you could live somewhere else, where would you live? There is no where else Did you sign the petition to stop the street name change? For years I lived at an odd numberd address on a even numbered street. A few years ago my address changed to an even number on the next street over. I haven't moved an inch. And I don't live in Lawrence. What’s the best performance artist/act that you’ve ever seen in Lawrence? none. in Lawrence Do you collect anything? ammo and camo What type of coffee do you prefer? Hot, no cream or sugar Do you eat breakfast? every day Piercings, tattoos, or laser treatments? No but enough scars for 10 people Are you glad Seal’s out of the way now? I ♣ baby seals Are you tired of the Wiz of OZ /Kansas references? It is what it is What would you like Kansas known for? It's ocean front properties. Starting just west of Topeka

So . . . do I win a prize? Or gain a stalker? or just for fun?

Doesn't matter, it's all good.

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

oh, you two gonna be in trouble for hijacking all that thread space. It's on you guys if my scroll wheel breaks.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

My pointy finger got hot just scrollin' up to see what you were talkinbout.

jhawkinsf 2 years, 5 months ago

I saw a flash mob once. It was a bunch of college age dancers. Every single one of them had a smile on their face, as did I and everyone I saw in the crowd. Of all the things people their age could be doing, they were making everyone happy. I'm still smiling as I write this.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Okay, I can't hardly stand this guy but can you imagine him leading a flash mob?

beatrice 2 years, 5 months ago

Apparently, they don't really exist.

grammaddy 2 years, 5 months ago

Saw the one those older folks did out at Target a while back.The video went viral. I'm surprised none of you remember it.I heard they've been invited to the White House.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 2 years, 5 months ago

Saw one on You Tube in the Reading TerminalMarket in Philadelphia. Philadelphin Opera Company mixed in the shoppers and then struck up the Brindisi( Drinking Song "Libiamo ne' lieti calici) from Verdi's "La Traviata".

HomeSlice 2 years, 5 months ago

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?