Previous   Next

Did you get a chance to enjoy Monday’s nice weather?

Asked at Dillons, 3000 W. Sixth St. on January 30, 2012

Browse the archives

“Yes, I took my dog for a walk.”

“Yeah, I went for a walk.”

“I drove my Jeep.”

“I guess. I had to walk on campus but then had to go to work.”

Comments

SOS 2 years, 2 months ago

This coming Friday the weather should be fairly good. It's best to go alone and take two or three extra lawn chairs. Sit and relax with your pole in the water. Refreshments are good bait. The bite is subtle.

HelenaBertinelli 2 years, 2 months ago

I find it completely impossible to enjoy this warm weather. As others have said, it just feels wrong. It's the end of January and I've seen no real snow. What happened to winter? Why is spring sticking it's nose in winter's territory? Is this mother nature's way of telling us to stop allowing Christmas to start in September? She responds by letting spring start in December.

autie 2 years, 2 months ago

SOS(anonymous) says…

Caught my limit of crappie slabs. Most of them 13-inches. Unbelieveably great crappie fishing day. Seemed like only big ones were biting.

There is a limit? uh-oh.........now I cain't taukboutit nomore.

g_rock 2 years, 2 months ago

It did make a nice transition for my return from tropical paradise! Thanks!

Rara_Avis 2 years, 2 months ago

Hey SOS, does yo shotey like fishing?

Rara_Avis 2 years, 2 months ago

No more so than usual. Jeans, no shirt, no shoes, no underwear. That's how I roll, 24/7/365. I spent most of the day painting the inside of my house black.

CWGOKU 2 years, 2 months ago

Wondering, did Roed get the Cheetos out of his keyboard?

CWGOKU 2 years, 2 months ago

Yes, went for a run after work. Then visited with the neighbor who was walking his new puppy. Really enjoying this Winter weather. And no questions about shoveling sidewalks

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

Well so much for that, my facebook friends don't like me either. Hey, congrats on renaming 11th Street after Coach! I'm thinking renaming 6th Street in front of Walmart to "RoeDapple Way" would be a great honor and very humbling. Just don't wait til I'm dead. And don't put a roundabout in it either.

autie 2 years, 2 months ago

I did the same things I do most every Monday. Go to work. Do stuff all day. Go to the gym. Work out. Go home. It matters not the weather. I didn't go fishing. I didn't go hunting. I didn't play golf. I didn't walk the dog. I also didn't draw fire or put rounds down range...or down river.

SOS 2 years, 2 months ago

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

Had a great time visiting with old friends. Just when you think you may never see them again they pop back into your life. rantor and fluxy (among others) keep me so grounded, thanks guys! Or whatever you are.

Well I'm off to cause a little hate and discontent on facebook. Later . . .

BABBOY 2 years, 2 months ago

Yeah, I got to enjoy as it was I able to have my coat unzipped when I walked in to work from my car in the morning around 8 and was able to carry my coat when I walked to my car around 8 at night when I left work.

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

It really was a nice day. I blame Al Gore.

tomatogrower 2 years, 2 months ago

Yes, the weather is nice, but I think this weather is too weird. In 50 some years of Kansas winters, is this the first one I've seen so warm and dry. As a grower this is really depressing weather. My snow dances aren't working.

Chad Collins 2 years, 2 months ago

I tried by taking my daughter to the Topeka Zoo. Then she decided to barf all over the car. So, glass half full, I guess I got to clean the car outside.

Lt_Dan 2 years, 2 months ago

I spent the day walking on your beautiful campus and downtown. I feel so at peace and home here.

thuja 2 years, 2 months ago

Enjoying this weather is like enjoying an extramarital affair....its nice, but you know its wrong.

rockchalker52 2 years, 2 months ago

Walked the dog, went around the world & rocked the cradle. Then the string broke on the yo-yo, so I got busy watering the shrubs. It's really dry out there.

LadyJ 2 years, 2 months ago

Not much, but hope to today if the rest of you did use it all up.

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

How come the OTS is never asked at Walmart? I could be a star!

(You'll find me in the cookie isle)

tange 2 years, 2 months ago

Pulled on the running shoes, for the first time in MONTHS.

/ I love the taste of iron in the morning [cough]

labmonkey 2 years, 2 months ago

I think Abby might have tried to kill ants with her really big glasses.

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

I wish someone would have told me. It's always so cold here in mom's basement . . .

Benjamin Roberts 2 years, 2 months ago

Yes, it was so nice out that I left it out.