Previous   Next

What is your dream job?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 29, 2012

Browse the archives

“I always wanted to be a deep-sea fisherman, even before the shows came out.”

“I’m still searching for it. ”

“Working in an airport. I just think I’d meet a lot of interesting people from a lot of cultures.”

Comments

Linda Endicott 2 years, 2 months ago

I've always wanted to work at Legoland and get to build things with Legos all day long...

But that lottery winner thing sounds good, too...

Mike Gerhardt 2 years, 2 months ago

I've had some pretty decent jobs. I started as an EOD Technician, then moved on to M.I. until I retired from the Army. After that, I cas a city cop for nine years and now I still work for the government at the American Embassy in Moscow, Russia.

wtchdr46 2 years, 2 months ago

Quality control specialist in a marijuana packaging plant

Lt_Dan 2 years, 2 months ago

First Mate on a shrimp boat.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 2 months ago

Difference between a nuclear bomb and an earthquake? Duck and cover vs. Drop and cover Is the siren the same?

geekin_topekan 2 years, 2 months ago

I wanna sell propane and propane accessories.

rockchalker52 2 years, 2 months ago

Since we're dreamin', I coulda gone this route:

20's - All Star goalie Pro Foosball circuit. 30's - Top ranked Kirby vac salesperson, SW region 40's - Proprietor, Bikram Yoga & Pole Dance Academy 50's - Sugar Mama recipient 60's - Non-incarcerated retirement

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

At age 10 I began dreaming of being a truck driver. At 16 I got my first driving job on the hayfields around Baldwin. At 53 I retired from 37 years of nearly continuous driving jobs. Some good days and some bad but wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything else. As I have told others, I could have dreamed higher but not better. Few can say the same.

somedude20 2 years, 2 months ago

I would like to be a translator for Ozzy but I don't think that will happen so I will take my desire to work for the devil and become an IRS auditor

Maybe a photographer for Playboy. Get to see of them ladies come and go and get paid a fair amount of money to make them look better.

I think I will stick with still being Hollis's (Rara's) guitar tech, pay ain't great but the drugs are

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

Time to take the keybord ot to the arcompressr agin. the chezypffs is jammin p the keys . . .

BABBOY 2 years, 2 months ago

NFL Linebacker. Mike Singletary like both on and off the field.

And, then when I retired from football, a PGA golfer --- I would say the way Tiger was before he hurt his knee on the course and the way Jack is off the course.

CWGOKU 2 years, 2 months ago

Towel boy, ladie's lockeroom, Playboy Mansion

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

Andini (anonymous) says… "Victoria's Secret photographer."

Yer gonna be so disappoint . . .

Chris Ogle 2 years, 2 months ago

Be a host at sonic.... what could be better than handing out the menu, and seating people at a place like sonic...... Wonder if I could get an advance.

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

Great idea autie! Can I bring my friend, Sam Colt? I gots a few buddies Hollis would like to meet, Mr. Benneli and Mr. Remington. Maybe a few others I caint taukabout.

LadyJ 2 years, 2 months ago

RoeDapple(anonymous) says… O..M..G!! Three OTS questions on one day! I think my head will explode!

Now we know why, one was for today.

autie 2 years, 2 months ago

Original, maybe you need to come down by my part of the river sometime. Bring your ha ha friends Roe and Hollis somebody and we can have us a good old time. We could talk about manners and gun safety and stuff like that.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 2 months ago

Professional River Golfball Skeet shooter.

Loki 2 years, 2 months ago

beatrice 2 years, 2 months ago

Lottery winnings check casher.

Andini 2 years, 2 months ago

Victoria's Secret photographer.

LadyJ 2 years, 2 months ago

Darn, looks like I missed some fun. That's my dream job, just having fun.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 2 months ago

Doubles tester at Holland & Holland

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

Just checked. The property owners around me don't even like BBQ.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 2 months ago

I know a cool guy named Phil, but he's not from Glasgow.

rockchalker52 2 years, 2 months ago

I used to bowl with Glasgow, couldn't pick up a spare to save his life. If NRA don't like him , then NRA aint worth listening to. No better kind of folk than Phil.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 2 months ago

Cool! How about BBQ? Gates sounds good. Skewered and bloody. Marve, you in?

nra 2 years, 2 months ago

Who is Marvin or Marvie-you guys are nuts-I work for the corp.I just always wanted to meet the man with the mouth-Why don't all of you come-----It will be a party!!!!!!!!! I myself don't have to do drugs,heathly and am ready for anything!!!!!!!!!!! Phil Glasgow is another-Come on out!!!! What a bunch of little Lawrence cowards,glad i don't live there myself-Truckhenge is the place-------------

Rara_Avis 2 years, 2 months ago

Hey, Marvie? Am I invited? I'll bring the Playboys.

nra 2 years, 2 months ago

Someday meeting roedapple---He seems to be afraid to meet me...He can bring his friends,I am harmless,just need to speak to him about some property i own next to his..So just tell me when& where--How about in lawrence on levee,next to the dam,in the morning,say around 8a.m.-I will be waiting to meet you my friend?or coward it seems!

nra 2 years, 2 months ago

nra 2 years, 2 months ago

Rara_Avis 2 years, 2 months ago

An easy job. I had me one of them cush Fed jobs. I'll probably do that again, otherwise I refuse to work for anyone.

riverdrifter 2 years, 2 months ago

Full-time beachcomber in the Caribbean, replete with metal detector. I'd find those Rolex watches that people lose all the time -it's true because I saw it on the internet.

labmonkey 2 years, 2 months ago

To have nothing to do but spruce up the compound and shoot varmints with the AK.

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

Oh. Third shift mattress tester.

Mixolydian 2 years, 2 months ago

Combo brewpub with attached cigar bar and bookstore.

rockchalker52 2 years, 2 months ago

Tanned & helpful old beach dude, renter of umbrella chairs & fetcher of libations, a concierge of the coastline.

tange 2 years, 2 months ago

Sleeping, REM-variety.

/ problem is, i'm never able to bring those fistfuls of cash back through the look-in glass

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

The first job I ever had was assembling bicycles. When I got caught up I was told to grab a broom and clean up. The job I retired from was as a driver for a major LTL freight company. If business was slow I was told to grab a broom and clean up.

Guess you could say I was swept away with my work . . .

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 2 months ago

Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Odeo 2 years, 2 months ago

“I always wanted to be a deep-sea fisherman, even before the shows came out.”

I smell ya, man. Don't give up. Small hint. Lawrence, KS, is not the best place to chase your dreams. Of course, there is Potter's Pond, to start training. - Good Luck! - Odeo

Odeo 2 years, 2 months ago

To say this three times fast:

"As Kansas enters its 151st year, we thought everyone could use a refresher on our state facts. We visited with local fourth-graders, who just so happen to be studying Kansas history. Here’s what they had to share."

New field sobriety question, I guess...Pretty lame....

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

O..M..G!! Three OTS questions on one day! I think my head will explode!

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

LJWorld online editor in charge of the big red disapearededed button.