Previous   Next

What is your dream job?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 29, 2012

Browse the archives

“I always wanted to be a deep-sea fisherman, even before the shows came out.”

“I’m still searching for it. ”

“Working in an airport. I just think I’d meet a lot of interesting people from a lot of cultures.”

Comments

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

LJWorld online editor in charge of the big red disapearededed button.

flux 5 years, 1 month ago

I wish you would'nt use this as your FB page. Not everyone enjoys your "whacky" comments everyday. I miss KU_law, at least he kept it short.

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

I miss you too fluxy, it's been a while! If you want we could be facebook friends . . . I'm as boring there as I am whacky here.

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

"wouldn't" not would'nt. iliterate hater's. I seam to attrak them.

Terry Sexton 5 years, 1 month ago

Everybody knows it's 'wacky', not 'whacky.' Could be 'wakky', I guess, but never with the 'h' unless you're really talking about whackin' somebody. Capish?
Now, people sometimes refer to the river south of town as the 'Wakkie' but pronounce it 'Walkie'. These things are always in flux, I suppose.

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

Oh good! My peeps are in town, must be a convention! Glad to see you too rantor! Stalk? Not me but I do have one. It's okay though, when the haters are following me they aren't bothering those who let it get to them.

Let's see, who does that leave . . . ?

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

O..M..G!! Three OTS questions on one day! I think my head will explode!

Sheryl Wiggins 5 years, 1 month ago

Wooderson, is that you?
Well, all I'm saying is that I want to look back and say that I did I the best I could while I was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place. Played as hard as I could while I was stuck in this place...

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

The first job I ever had was assembling bicycles. When I got caught up I was told to grab a broom and clean up. The job I retired from was as a driver for a major LTL freight company. If business was slow I was told to grab a broom and clean up.

Guess you could say I was swept away with my work . . .

Terry Sexton 5 years, 1 month ago

Tanned & helpful old beach dude, renter of umbrella chairs & fetcher of libations, a concierge of the coastline.

Mixolydian 5 years, 1 month ago

Combo brewpub with attached cigar bar and bookstore.

LadyJ 5 years, 1 month ago

Keep "dreaming", who knows, it might happen.

labmonkey 5 years, 1 month ago

To have nothing to do but spruce up the compound and shoot varmints with the AK.

riverdrifter 5 years, 1 month ago

Full-time beachcomber in the Caribbean, replete with metal detector. I'd find those Rolex watches that people lose all the time -it's true because I saw it on the internet.

Terry Sexton 5 years, 1 month ago

I used to bowl with Glasgow, couldn't pick up a spare to save his life. If NRA don't like him , then NRA aint worth listening to. No better kind of folk than Phil.

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

Just checked. The property owners around me don't even like BBQ.

LadyJ 5 years, 1 month ago

Darn, looks like I missed some fun. That's my dream job, just having fun.

LadyJ 5 years, 1 month ago

Not that putting in a new kitchen floor isn't fun. I think Roe would agree with me, it's a great feeling, and very satisfying, to stand and look at something you have created.

Loki 5 years, 1 month ago

LadyJ 5 years, 1 month ago

RoeDapple(anonymous) says… O..M..G!! Three OTS questions on one day! I think my head will explode!

Now we know why, one was for today.

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

Great idea autie! Can I bring my friend, Sam Colt? I gots a few buddies Hollis would like to meet, Mr. Benneli and Mr. Remington. Maybe a few others I caint taukabout.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 1 month ago

Be a host at sonic.... what could be better than handing out the menu, and seating people at a place like sonic...... Wonder if I could get an advance.

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

Andini (anonymous) says… "Victoria's Secret photographer."

Yer gonna be so disappoint . . .

try this again . . .

lik sed . . . so disappoint . . .

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

Time to take the keybord ot to the arcompressr agin. the chezypffs is jammin p the keys . . .

somedude20 5 years, 1 month ago

I would like to be a translator for Ozzy but I don't think that will happen so I will take my desire to work for the devil and become an IRS auditor

Maybe a photographer for Playboy. Get to see of them ladies come and go and get paid a fair amount of money to make them look better.

I think I will stick with still being Hollis's (Rara's) guitar tech, pay ain't great but the drugs are

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

At age 10 I began dreaming of being a truck driver. At 16 I got my first driving job on the hayfields around Baldwin. At 53 I retired from 37 years of nearly continuous driving jobs. Some good days and some bad but wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything else. As I have told others, I could have dreamed higher but not better. Few can say the same.

Terry Sexton 5 years, 1 month ago

Since we're dreamin', I coulda gone this route:

20's - All Star goalie Pro Foosball circuit. 30's - Top ranked Kirby vac salesperson, SW region 40's - Proprietor, Bikram Yoga & Pole Dance Academy 50's - Sugar Mama recipient 60's - Non-incarcerated retirement

geekin_topekan 5 years, 1 month ago

I wanna sell propane and propane accessories.

wtchdr46 5 years, 1 month ago

Quality control specialist in a marijuana packaging plant

Linda Endicott 5 years, 1 month ago

I've always wanted to work at Legoland and get to build things with Legos all day long...

But that lottery winner thing sounds good, too...