Previous   Next

Have you ever been outside of the U.S.?

Asked at Checkers, 2300 La. St. on January 27, 2012

Browse the archives

“I went to Quebec on a French trip in high school.”

“I did a tour of Europe a few years ago — England, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy and Germany.”

“No. I’d like to go to Canada — I think the countryside would be beautiful. Or Germany, where my ancestors are from.”

“I’ve been to Japan, Korea, Italy, Greece, France, Mexico, England, Panama and Czech Republic.”

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

Yes. Some I can taukabout Some . . not so much

rockchalker52 2 years, 10 months ago

On the fambly vacations we'd visit kin down SW & walk over to Juarez for sombreros & trinkets. That was way before the cartels who will now kill you dead. Interesting times in Nogales & Naco during the army. Now I don't have a passport so I caint go nowheres.

labmonkey 2 years, 10 months ago

A 75% redhead OTS. Excellent job LJworld.

labmonkey 2 years, 9 months ago

Damn, I need to go shopping there then.

Jayhawk1958 2 years, 9 months ago

Seems like everyone has been out of the country except me. Though I would like to go.

Chris Ogle 2 years, 9 months ago

I went to Topeka once, but didn't much like it.

Peaty Romano 2 years, 9 months ago

England 3X, Australia 2X, Mexico 1X, Jamaica 3X, Canada 10+X. It's always interesting but I'm always happy to get back to the US.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

BABBOY left his humor button in the off position this morning. again.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

RenoChicagoFargoMinnesotaBuffaloTorontoWinslowSarasotaWitchita . . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

. . . OttawaOklahomaTampaPanamaMattawaLaPalomaBangorBaltimoreSalvador AmarilloTocopillaBarranquilla and Padilla

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

There's so much to see right here in the U.S. of A. For instance The National Mustard Museum is just one long weekend away. They in big time hock, too, and could use your support.

booyalab 2 years, 9 months ago

I'm guessing the OTS reporter waited in the foreign foods aisle for customers to ask, then took asked each one to stand in front of a different shelf at a different part of the store.

HelenaBertinelli 2 years, 9 months ago

Sure I've been outside the U.S. I've been to all sorts of places...Narnia, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Tatooine. I even spent a little time in Alagaesia.

And I must say, I think booyalab may be correct. Best way to find people who have been to cool places, find people getting food from cool places.

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

just to recap , it's satidy nite & this thread is due for it's timely demise, so lemme help with some more answers to questions posed by fellow poster, jimjones:

jj question #19 – Did you have a nickname in school? Sort of. My buddy & I decided we needed nicknames, so we each picked our own. He was Crash & I was Maddog. Or was it the other way around? No two cooler dudes than we, toolin’ the square in the ’66 Mustang, 289 cu. in., 4-speed, Canary Yellow. I remember now, my buddy wrecked it going about 5 miles an hour into a light pole while tuning the radio instead of driving. Yup, he was definitely the one called Crash.

jj question #20 – If you could change professions, what would you be? An advertising guy, but I swore an oath to the Justice League that I would never use my powers for evil.

jj question #21 – How do you want to die? In Orgasmic Bliss as all the Knowledge of the Cosmos floods & ruptures every synapse in my brain.

jj question #22 – How old to you want to be when you die. Old enough to know better. I might turn out to be immortal.

jj question #23 –Is there anyone you would die for? Whole lotsa people. Well, about a dozen family members. Eleven flesh & blood plus dear ol’ Uncle Sam.

jj question #24 – If you put one sentence on your tombstone, what would it be? It’s either ‘Listen closely, I’ll get back to you.’ or ‘I see London, I see France. I can see your underpants.’

jj question #25 – Buried or Cremated? Goin’ with the Big Burn. Hot Stuff, that’s me – or it will be. Somebody can have fun with the ashes. I’ll try to think of some exotic locations for my scatter requests. Stay away from Keith Richards, please.

jj question #26 – Would you like to be frozen until a cure is found? A cure for what? Death? No, thank you. I bet it would hurt when you thaw.

jj question #27 – Is there life after death? Probably. If you listen closely, I’ll get back to you. Don’t rush me, though. I’m not leaving yet.

cont?

SinoHawk 2 years, 9 months ago

China (incl. Hong Kong & Macau), Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Korea, Japan Turkey U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Russia Argentina, Uruguay Cayman Islands, Bahamas, Mexico

Not bad for <30 of age.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 2 years, 9 months ago

Uncle Sam's Yacht club had me in the Phillipines, Viet Nam, Hong Kong, Singapore, Rid D Janerio, and Norfolk, VA. (hmmm, I think Norfolk is in the US. Imagine that!!)

Spent a year in Alaska before it was a state (Dad was in the Army)