Previous   Next

What do you think the unemployment rate is in Kansas? Do you think it’s generally getting better or getting worse?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 24, 2012

Browse the archives

“I think it’s getting better, slowly but surely. It’s not across the board, but some areas are getting better.”

“Actually I think (the unemployment rate) is low, it’s just harder to find a job. ”

“It’s probably up from 10 years ago, but at present, I’m not worried about it.”

“Statewide, I think it’s gotten worse, especially in the last few months.”

Related story

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Higher than reported. I know of several people who gave up and started taking Soc. Sec. at 62 because they hadn't found work in over a year.

pace 3 years ago

No thanks to Koch oh I mean governor Brownsam. i think the job situation is getting better. President Obama has a lot more work to do. President Obama should be standing up for jobs and homes, for that matter, while it is unlikely to happen, the republicans should be standing up for jobs and homes.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

I did get offered a job yesterday, (two actually) if I accept either one it will be the fourth time I will have come out of retirement since '01.

Alex Parker 3 years ago

No, Odeo, this one actually falls within the terms of service, so it will remain on the site.

bad_dog 3 years ago

Is that a reference to the strength of your favorite winter ale?

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Ralph Shortey, a state senator from Oklahoma City, introduced a bill Tuesday that would ban the use of aborted human fetuses in food, conceding that he’s unaware of any company using this practice.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

In California it is illegal to shoot wild game from moving vehicles. With the exception of whales.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

10,000. Turns out it's no big deal . . .

labmonkey 3 years ago

Grey Goose and Avaitor sunglasses for all.

somedude20 3 years ago

Congrats to the LJW for finding 4 people on Mass St who are employed! Tough thing to do kind of like finding a grey hair on a sasquatch monster

somedude20 3 years ago

I found out who mr. singerman is. His name is Myles Kennedy and I guess he played with Creed II (Alter Bridge) I truely can not stand anything Creedish. Slash should have gotten Johnny Mathis (or Jack Hues)to front his band

Flap Doodle 3 years ago

What was the deal with the fakegucci thing that shows up in the popular stories window? Are the lousy, rotten spammers getting bolder?

Alex Parker 3 years ago

I haven't seen that. Please let me know when/where you next see it.

Flap Doodle 3 years ago

Of course, it's gone now. When I hovered over it, it just showed a link back to the LJW main page. Supposed to have 4 comments. I've been seeing junk like that at long intervals since back in the fall. I'll ping you next time one shows up.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Gone? Well at least I got some more hard copy to give to my friends at 11th and Mass

;-)

RoeDapple 3 years ago

I only found one on the list by someone in Cottonwood Falls. You might be surprised what does show up on the list . . . among other places . .

grammaddy 3 years ago

Low enough for the state to be disqualified for any more extensions.

Richard Heckler 3 years ago

Gov Sam Brownback did his share taking unemployment numbers up up up beyond belief.

Gov Sam Brownback and local government leaders believe unloading hard workers makes the economy stronger ...... I question that approach. Why?

After laying off tons of people not only does it create customer service problems it also creates more employee terminations as a result of all the people being laid off from good government jobs. Not to mention taking economic growth down the tubes.