Previous   Next

Would you support a measure to allow potbellied pigs as pets?

Asked at Dillons, 3000 W. Sixth St. on January 17, 2012

Browse the archives

“I think so. They’re known to be good pets, I believe, but they can destroy yards. I don’t see an issue with it unless it infringes on neighbors.”

“I don’t see a problem with it.”

“If you want a pig as a pet, sure, you should be allowed.”

“I’d support that. I had a pet pig when I was younger and would like to have a teacup pig. The most unusual pet I had was an armadillo.”

Related story

Comments

Odeo 2 years, 3 months ago

rockchalker52

Geez. Chill. Talk about rants....

Go Shoot something - not living- just blow off a round or a few. Sometimes it helps. - Odeo

rockchalker52 2 years, 3 months ago

As usual & rightfully so, this OTS thread is failing rapidly which begs the question: Would you like to see more answers to some of the questions posted by jimjones the other day? No? Too bad cuz I already drank the kool-aid.

jj question #11 – If you could pick the sex of your children, would you do it? I wouldn’t do it, but that’s a stumper as to why not. Seems wrong.

jj question #12 - Have you ever been arrested? Nope. Thank you for not asking ‘Should you have ever been arrested?’

jj question #13 – Have you ever spent a night in jail? Never been incarcerated except for one of those charity ‘jails’ where your co-workers haul you off to a 'celebrity' hoosegow & you waste the rest of the work day trying to raise ‘bail money’ for some good cause. Can be a tad humbling when, after 4 or 5 hours, you’re still in there.

jj question #14 – Do you hide things in your bedroom drawers? Yah, right. I got $5,000 dollars, two vibrators & a butt plug hidden in the fleshlight under my argyles.

jj question #15 – Do you speed up for yellow lights? No, I speed up for green lights, but only after sitting at the red ones.

jj question #16 – Are people following you? Only the ones waiting behind me at the red lights.

jj question #17 – Are there voices in your head? Quiet, everybody! I’m tryin’ to think!

jj question #18 – If you witnessed someone using the facilities without washing their hands, would you remind them? Prolly not unless it was gonna affect me more than indirectly. Every time this subject arises, I am reminded of Babboy’s answer about hand washing. Besides thinking it was a flipping stupid question, he said he washes (to paraphrase) after using the restroom, before eating, and after shaking hands with a republican. Comedy gold for sure.

You read all this? Really? Well, thanks for playing. G'nite, Gracie.

swampyankee 2 years, 3 months ago

I hope my chicken hating neighbor dislikes pigs screw you Wilson

Rara_Avis 2 years, 3 months ago

Now I get it, dick! You rock!

Rara_Avis 2 years, 3 months ago

I'm going shopping for a new merkin today. I don't care about the pigs.

50YearResident 2 years, 3 months ago

If I were a landlord, there would never be a pot belly pig in one of my rentals, never, ever! I think the pig this story is about will destroy the apartment (or home) that he is currently living in and if you pass the owner on the street you will be able to identify him by smell alone. Pet damage deposits will go sky high as well.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 3 months ago

Small business pigs are to travel on multiple routes for various purposes that may vary and they use alternative pig and courtesy pigs.

looza 2 years, 3 months ago

my sister has a potbellied pig.......its her husband!

BruceWayne 2 years, 3 months ago

What about Zebras? Such a nice gentle animal.

Paul R Getto 2 years, 3 months ago

Why not? They taste good too. Ate part of a potbelly once after the owner got tired of it.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 3 months ago

If they allow potbellied pigs, they need to allow the SLT.

RoeDapple 2 years, 3 months ago

Somebody else can go out to get the paper this morning. My bacon is stayin' in.

5 degrees . . . brrrrrrr!

Bill Lee 2 years, 3 months ago

I used to have a pet coconut. It never had to be fed. It was well-behaved. I'd use my belt as a leash and take it for walks. I eventually threw it onto the field at a football game in the heat of a moment. People should be allowed to have the pets that work for them.

autie 2 years, 3 months ago

I think I already did that. I voted in favor. Only with the proper permits and only in R-1.

Odeo 2 years, 3 months ago

Answer #2. Why not? My employer pays them to work. So, why not have some as pets. There are a lot of them that work around here. Kansas Corn I guess....

Also, they are great about wanting to have a "food day" every damned week. Pigs...... - Odeo

Odeo 2 years, 3 months ago

I remember some old China'man telling me some "proverb"....

Said "a Dog looks up at you. A Cat looks down at you. But, a Pig looks you straight in the eye."

I think he was high on Opium....As was I. Somehow, it just stuck.... - Odeo

H_Lecter 2 years, 3 months ago

A deceased friend left their pig for me to care for; I named it Carnita.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 3 months ago

A guy at my HS turned a greased pig loose in school right before graduation. Max Rife was pissed. Max died on Christmas Eve. I always liked Max. My best friend was his office aid second hour. He did nothing, except come to my class with forged pink slips so we could go out and get drunk. He's still my best friend. He doesn't drink much anymore. I sure am trying not to.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 3 months ago

Only for the eventual bacon strips. I always wanted to have a pet elephant. I've seen pink ones before, but that's not the same thing.

rockchalker52 2 years, 3 months ago

Potbellies might prove handy for food stamps, officially known as the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program - or SNAP for short.

tange 2 years, 3 months ago

A thinly veiled ruse to leash spouses—pets, one day; pet peeves, the next.

/ and that's when the shelters start filling up

blue73harley 2 years, 3 months ago

Might be interesting to take one to the dog park.

rockchalker52 2 years, 3 months ago

My friend, Gus, grew up on a pig farm. One time, before they'd kicked him out, he took three little piglets to school & let them loose in the auditorium. He'd painted the numbers 1, 2 & 4 on 'em. All the teachers went nuts trying to find #3.

ljwhirled 2 years, 3 months ago

RoeDapple 2 years, 3 months ago

I prefer them hickory smoked.

rockchalker52 2 years, 3 months ago

Late 1980's. St. Patty's Day. Johnny's Bar & Grill. This guy brought a potbelly into the bar. He'd dyed it green. It just sat by the door & watched the parade. Pretty sure it was the lone sober customer in the joint.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 3 months ago

Why not? Your average pig is better behaved than many of the children I see out in public.

DillonBarnes 2 years, 3 months ago

Oink,

Oink oink oink oink oink, oink oink. Oink oink oink oink oink oink oink oink oink!

oink oink -Oink

rockchalker52 2 years, 3 months ago

Heck, I am a potbellied pig. John's right. My yard is pretty messed up.

RoeDapple 2 years, 3 months ago

I had a boa constrictor once. They can get by on one big meal per year.

A large dog . . .

A calf . . .

The bully that lived two blocks over . . .