Previous   Next

Do have any plans to mark Martin Luther King Jr. Day?

Asked at Checkers, 2300 Louisiana St. on January 10, 2012

Browse the archives

“We have it off work but don’t usually do anything. We should.”

“No.”

“No. I have to work.”

“No. ”

Related story

Comments

Flap Doodle 3 years, 1 month ago

I'll be working for a living that day, as I am about 5 days each week.

pace 3 years, 1 month ago

I choose that week to renew my membership in the NAACP. I also am fond of going to the NY school chili feed. Always a good community event, and good food.

rockchalker52 3 years, 1 month ago

One of the coolest places I've ever visited is the MLK memorial in Atlanta. It is the epitome of serenity & peace. If you ever have the opportunity to go there, don't pass it up. Some personal reflection is what I do on MLK day, then just go about my business.

I am glad to have lived during his lifetime. What a great, great man he was.

Bill Lee 3 years, 1 month ago

I usually reflect on the man's life and accomplishments, but nothing much beyond that.

Oldsoul 3 years, 1 month ago

I love to celebrate civil rights on MLK day. It's a somber year in 2012 though after the recent signing of the NDAA Act.

labmonkey 3 years, 1 month ago

How the hell is this appropriate... and why hasn't it been TOS'ed?

oldvet 3 years, 1 month ago

I'll sleep late that day and have a dream...

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

Work on my tranny. Shoot some golf balls. Then clamp it.

labmonkey 3 years, 1 month ago

What is frustrating and sad is when the people in power (say George Soros) take advantage of stupid people (environmentalists/Occupy protesters) to get their way by siding up with them on bogus issues dressed up as phony world citizenship or counterfeit morality (CNN, MSNBC, and most of the mainstream media).

You don't seem to grasp that both sides want to obtain power and control your life... it doesn't matter whether it is left or right. The right uses religion and morality in an attempt to control your life while the left uses extreme environmentalism, false intellectualism, and their own version of morality to control your life while both sides try to side with the common man yet the leaders on both sides are loaded and use every loophole to stay on top (10 of the top 12 wealthiest members of congress are Democrats).

Be pissed BABBOY, but you can't nail only one side for the same thing that both sides are guilty of.

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

It means you have (had) an interesting ride . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

And tell Patti to get up off the floor. They quit lookin' for her years ago.

rockchalker52 3 years, 1 month ago

Rara, you can always rent from Avis. They have special models with all that stuff you mentioned. I saw this one driving out of their lot at KCI. It looked a lot like babboy behind the wheel.

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

Can we still spell "creatively" to get said what's needededed sed?

(d@mmit.)p>(d@mmit.)>

beatrice 3 years, 1 month ago

I don't answer questions presented as incomplete sentences.

labmonkey 3 years, 1 month ago

So the average male who drinks 2.5 beers in one hour is a binge drinker... damn. That is kind of a light definition.

beatrice 3 years, 1 month ago

RA, I also saw Pink Floyd in '77 (best concert year, by far!), and once shook hands with Frank Zappa after sitting front row at a concert.

Liberty275 3 years, 1 month ago

I'll be collecting signatures for a petition to rename mass st to MLK Blvd.

bd 3 years, 1 month ago

I think we have a Tea Party meeting that evening.