Previous   Next

Do you think fans should stop the “woo” at the end of the Rock Chalk Chant?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 6, 2012

Browse the archives

“I don’t think it matters.”

“I’m not a fan of the woo.”

“Just leave it be — with the woo. They’re just having fun. ”

“If anything, it just adds to the hype of the game.”

Comments

classclown 2 years, 3 months ago

JackMcKee (anonymous) replies…

a person who is at the game just to be seen at the game who doesn't really know or care to know what's going on in the actual game, traditions or anything but their own selfish desire for attention. The people who are only at the games because it is the trendy thing to do. January 8, 2012 at 3:23 p.m.

=================================================

Pretty much like a lot of people that write comments at LJW.

Richard Heckler 2 years, 3 months ago

What do socializers look like?

How are they different from real Jayhawks?

College has some socializing tendencies attached....

I say Jayhawk Basketball is a mammoth social experience.

Wooing represents change...

Richard Heckler 2 years, 3 months ago

How long has this wooing be going on?

Why suddenly are some objecting?

Are some trying to take the woo out of going to college?

classclown 2 years, 3 months ago

No. If the people that are paying good money to attend the games want to Woo, then let them Woo to their hearts content. It's not hurting anything with the possible exception of a few snob's sensibilities.

Woo on young'uns!

autie 2 years, 3 months ago

One time..a long time ago..me and spacehog...when we was younger and stuff. We played one time.

and we didn't say no woo at the end.

RoeDapple 2 years, 3 months ago

Well now this changes everything! I refuse to give up my cheerleader outfit . . .

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 3 months ago

"Some people have the boxed set sitting on the mantle at home. I"

That'd be me. Still haven't popped it in. I want to make sure I'm a full decade behind The Wire in cultural references. Instead of just being late with the references, I'll have a great memory of the show.

I also thought it would be cold by now. Haven't had much down time.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 3 months ago

Old Dirty Bastard is probably the best remembered of Wu Tang Clan. But Method Man is my favorite. He was great as "Cheese" on "The Wire". Everybody should see "The Wire". Some people have the boxed set sitting on the mantle at home. I find that very revealing, along with people that play the Swiss Alpine Horn.

g_rock 2 years, 3 months ago

I don't think that Mr. Wu from Deadwood really belongs in the KU Rock Chalk chant. But if the kids are into it, who cares? Loved that show. Timothy Olyphant is hot. And great and imaginative cursing. They talk about Cox a lot in it too.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 3 months ago

Autie spilled his Clan Macgregor again. Momma ain't going to be happy.

autie 2 years, 3 months ago

Does he woo? Or WuTang?

Does the guy like to fish? If so the guy from Cox might need a rod. Sponge Bob.
Funny thing, they call that product to keep my chair from getting stains on it..they call it ScotchGuard. Go figure.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 3 months ago

When my mom needs service, she just calls up Cox and they send a guy right over.

whoisjohngalt 2 years, 3 months ago

Who cares what some ugly bartender thinks?

Rara_Avis 2 years, 3 months ago

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. You still owe me $2, plus interest.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 3 months ago

Personally, I've been fed up with Knology since they bought Sunflower. Does anyone know anything about Cox?

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 3 months ago

Woo? I'm still trying to get the students to yell, "rip their f'n head off!!!" after the tip.

Also, NWA > WWF.

rooster 2 years, 3 months ago

rooster 2 years, 3 months ago

Rachel, dustin and laura must root for Mizzou and be against KU and America.

I heard that Stalin and Mussolini used to Woo.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 3 months ago

The kids should mix it up a little. Remember when they were using the "Rip His Head Off!" line at football games? They should do some stuff from "Jerry McGwire". When an opposing player gets the ball they should yell "Show me the Money! You complete me! You had me at hello!". That would be cool.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 3 months ago

There are public toilets on Pearl Street.

Hell, even downtown Lucas Kansas has public toilets.

psycho_theclown 2 years, 3 months ago

Does this mean if someone plays this chant at home for a "special" occasion. Anyone dressed as a cheerleader can't be wooing?

Rara_Avis 2 years, 3 months ago

Yes, Autie, Rick is a fan. What rock have you been hiding under. The following are also Fans: Bob Geigel Handsome Harley Race Bruiser Bob Sweetan Col. Buck Robley Dusty Rhodes Andre the Giant Bulldog Bob Brown Mike Pappas Tommy Rich Wahoo McDaniel Rufus R. Jones Bruiser Brody Woo

prospector 2 years, 3 months ago

Cut it out you damn kids!

/waving cane

Loki 2 years, 3 months ago

The entire 'rock chalk' thing is lame. And yes I know the story behind it, still lame.

autie 2 years, 3 months ago

Rick Flair is a jayhawk fan? cool.

I don't think that Allen Field House is in North Korea, is it?

brewmaster 2 years, 3 months ago

The name of Missouri street should be change to Woo street.

profound 2 years, 3 months ago

they should add boo hoo hoo after the woo

Odeo 2 years, 3 months ago

Next OTS question. Let me guess. "Have you ever used a computer"?......

Bill Lee 2 years, 3 months ago

I've never noticed it, so I don't really care.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 3 months ago

"The Journal-World is scraping the bottom of the barrel with these "on the street" questions."

Yep. I'm not sure if I even answered it. But I sure wish I knew where to find Steven Wu. My car is wrecked. Man, that guy sure could fix a car. He used to cook pork all the time, too. I could never get him to understand why you don't pour grease down the drain. One time we had a plumber there for like 3 hours. Big fat guy. I had to look at his butt crack the whole time, too.

SeaFox 2 years, 3 months ago

Woo, boy.

Odeo 2 years, 3 months ago

BTW - In Memory of the only "Dr. Woo," John Wooden. A great guy and good friend to many. Miss ya, "Woo."

Odeo 2 years, 3 months ago

Christ!..For real? This has to be one of the most stupid questions I have read on this forum...

whoisjohngalt 2 years, 3 months ago

"Adds to the hype of the game" hahaha - what a dolt.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 3 months ago

Never heard of it. Not when I was in school. Does Steely Dan know about it? There might be legal issues. Are you with me Doctor Wu Are you really just a shadow Of the man that I once knew Are you crazy are you high Or just an ordinary guy Have you done all you can do Are you with me Doctor

I had a roommate named Steven Wu once. He was from Beijing. That guy really knew how to fix cars. He got all wound up about that Tiananmen Square thing. It used to piss him off when I told him that photo of the student standing in front of the tank was staged.