Previous   Next

Do you think fans should stop the “woo” at the end of the Rock Chalk Chant?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 6, 2012

Browse the archives

“I don’t think it matters.”

“I’m not a fan of the woo.”

“Just leave it be — with the woo. They’re just having fun. ”

“If anything, it just adds to the hype of the game.”

Comments

TopJayhawk 2 years, 11 months ago

Actually it is one of the better questions they have ask.

SeaFox 2 years, 11 months ago

Woo, boy.

The Journal-World is scraping the bottom of the barrel with these "on the street" questions.

Bill Lee 2 years, 11 months ago

I've never noticed it, so I don't really care.

brewmaster 2 years, 11 months ago

The name of Missouri street should be change to Woo street.

Loki 2 years, 11 months ago

The entire 'rock chalk' thing is lame. And yes I know the story behind it, still lame.

TopJayhawk 2 years, 11 months ago

Pretty good list considering half of them are dead. Maybe they are hanging out at the fieldhouse with the Phog? Guess we'll never know. I can't hear a thing with the woo.

Tony Kisner 2 years, 11 months ago

I heard Ringo and Danny Little Bear are not fans.

Kate Rogge 2 years, 11 months ago

Man, you are way too cool yourself. I'm still laughing. You complete me!

frank mcguinness 2 years, 11 months ago

Rachel, dustin and laura must root for Mizzou and be against KU and America.

I heard that Stalin and Mussolini used to Woo.

frank mcguinness 2 years, 11 months ago

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

Well now this changes everything! I refuse to give up my cheerleader outfit . . .

classclown 2 years, 11 months ago

No. If the people that are paying good money to attend the games want to Woo, then let them Woo to their hearts content. It's not hurting anything with the possible exception of a few snob's sensibilities.

Woo on young'uns!

Richard Heckler 2 years, 11 months ago

How long has this wooing be going on?

Why suddenly are some objecting?

Are some trying to take the woo out of going to college?

JackMcKee 2 years, 11 months ago

people have been objecting since the first woo was uttered. I think most people were hoping it would be a passing fad. The woo'ers I've seen all look like people that are there for the socializing and not for the actual game. It's the unfortunate byproduct of being the only successful sports team in the area. I doubt these people can name more than 10 people that have ever worn a Jayhawk jersey.

Richard Heckler 2 years, 11 months ago

What do socializers look like?

How are they different from real Jayhawks?

College has some socializing tendencies attached....

I say Jayhawk Basketball is a mammoth social experience.

Wooing represents change...

JackMcKee 2 years, 11 months ago

a person who is at the game just to be seen at the game who doesn't really know or care to know what's going on in the actual game, traditions or anything but their own selfish desire for attention. The people who are only at the games because it is the trendy thing to do. They are the ones I have observed doing the "woo". They typically have bleach blond hair and many have had cosmetic surgery for enhancement of particular features.

classclown 2 years, 11 months ago

JackMcKee (anonymous) replies…

a person who is at the game just to be seen at the game who doesn't really know or care to know what's going on in the actual game, traditions or anything but their own selfish desire for attention. The people who are only at the games because it is the trendy thing to do. January 8, 2012 at 3:23 p.m.

=================================================

Pretty much like a lot of people that write comments at LJW.