Previous   Next

Have you donated blood?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 4, 2012

Browse the archives

“No. I tried after 9/11, but they were all full.”

“Yes, about ten years ago.”

“No.”

“Nope.”

Comments

bevy 2 years, 3 months ago

Want to, but can't. Stupid hemoglobin levels are "borderline." so they won't let me.

schula 2 years, 3 months ago

I try to donate every 8 weeks. In December, I reached the 6 gallon mark. Everyone that can should donate. There is always a need for blood.

Norma Jeane Baker 2 years, 3 months ago

I started donating while still in high school. I quit giving by my early 30s after a crappy experience while giving. Now, I can't give since I live out of the country most of the year.

FlintlockRifle 2 years, 3 months ago

Yep, closing in on my 32 gal , yes I am old, but can still donate so far.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 3 months ago

Not since the blood center closed.

Damn Brownback.

CWGOKU 2 years, 3 months ago

Can you donate if you have tiger blood like Charlie Sheen?

rockchalker52 2 years, 3 months ago

In my late teen years, a bunch of us donated in honor of a friend who was having surgery. A few years later, while in the service, some fellows GI's & I would donate regularly because we'd figured out what a coupla beers could do for ya right afterwards. We even had a designated driver as nooobody wanted to deal with the top sarge & a DUI.

Babboy, no punching. You're s'posed to donate your blood, not theirs.

ridikkulus 2 years, 3 months ago

Can't, anymore! When I lived overseas, I was allowed to donate, and I did so every time there was a blood drive. When I returned, I was not. The reason cited was that I had lived overseas for too long. Maybe my inability to grasp that logic stems from a latent case of "Mad Cow Disease"?

BABBOY 2 years, 3 months ago

No, I have not.

I think it is a good idea.

But, one thing that bothers me is needles being poke into the vein. It makes me want to punch the person -- which by the ways seems like a natural reaction to such a thing by the way.

I do not have that big of an issue with shots -- but the vein thing pisses me off.....

Fossick 2 years, 3 months ago

Didn't we just ask this question a week ago?

Bill Lee 2 years, 3 months ago

I used to, but I take so many prescription drugs now that no one wants my blood.

H_Lecter 2 years, 3 months ago

Of course. But the collection points have become so restrictive that they have limited the donations; once I brought a gallon with me and they weren't interested. You'd think it'd be easy to match up those that are dying to give with those in need.

RoeDapple 2 years, 3 months ago

It leaves me feeling blue . . or a little green around the gills. Or maybe that's just my camera lens . .

Loki 2 years, 3 months ago

No, I sparkle and 'draw' blood ;)