Previous   Next

Will you do anything special with your Leap Day this year?

Asked at Checkers, 2300 La. on February 29, 2012

Browse the archives

“I’m going to celebrate my friend’s leap year birthday.”

“I’ll just have another day of class.”

“I’ll be working.”

“I have the day off because I’m not feeling well, but if I were teaching, I’d talk about it with the kids.”

Comments

classclown 2 years, 1 month ago

I was planning to, but it turned out to be an ordinary day so I forgot.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

It was No Trousers Day here at Snap's College of Cheese Making and Taxidermy.

My_Life 2 years, 1 month ago

Dissing the dead. How noble. Guess your first post under your current ID was false. When you knock on heaven's door it will be locked and bolted.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

I just saw Spacehog at Hobby Lobby, dressed in multi-colored yarn and stuffing knickknacks and trinkets in his pants.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

Oh, please. Davy didn't even sing his own songs. Much like Destiny's Child and the Archies, the Monkees were totally contrived. One less idiot on my People I Wanna Fight list. Good riddance.

mustrun80 2 years, 1 month ago

CWGOKU 2 years, 1 month ago

Legend has it that Spacehog comes out to frolic every Leap Year

g_rock 2 years, 1 month ago

I wonder if there are some really awesome LeapHump drink specials? I so should have called in sick today so that I could just celebrate my ass off all day long.

CWGOKU 2 years, 1 month ago

Happy Leap and Hump! As much as I like Hank Hill, I say no thanks to propane and propane accessories

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

I agree with Autie. There should really be some kind of retail spin tied in with leap year.

g_rock 2 years, 1 month ago

I'm taking a leap of faith...unfortunately it may be more like a leap off of a cliff...

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

I'll probably just put it in my pocket, along with the Daylight Savings and the Sunshine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs7U1R...

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

"Anybody know how to carve a whole pig?"

I can but would want to do it as an art project in front of Weavers.

rockchalker52 2 years, 1 month ago

Yah, autie, we gots a propane grill. hangs guilty head in shame When mama wants a burger, she don't cotton to watin' too long for it. Just push that button & whOOsh! I'm grillin' before you can say 'where's the Kingsford?' Now, I'm at least smart enough not to call it barbecue. All the briskets & ribs are done proper in the wood smoker. For Leap Day, g-rock & rara have inspired me to start digging a luau pit. Anybody know how to carve a whole pig?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 1 month ago

Just because Leap Day falls on Hump Day this year?

H_Lecter 2 years, 1 month ago

It's a tough choice between Hydrogen Sulfide or a something ballistic. Probably just flip a coin.

somedude20 2 years, 1 month ago

Nice demographic of Lawrence. Two worker bees with one playing hooky. One that is going to a party and another who who is a KU-er

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 1 month ago

I would do anything for Leap Day, But I won't do that, no I won't do that.

autie 2 years, 1 month ago

Rockchalker, glad to hear that the devil;s flatulence is good for something.

BABBOY 2 years, 1 month ago

Why would I do anything for leap year day or whatever the H they are calling it now?

What a stupid flipping notion.

It is a date they use to even out the calendar calculations for accuracy. Not a holiday.

Get back to work people.....

rockchalker52 2 years, 1 month ago

No hail just south of Larryville but the grill went stem-winding across the deck. Glad it was tethered somewhat by the propane line. My 16 y/o buddy has a birthday today. He was born 64 years ago. In another 20 years, he can start drinkin' all legal like.

autie 2 years, 1 month ago

Is there a Leap Year parade or anything? Do we get presents? What kind of candy does WalMart have for Leap Year? I guess Ill go to work and do what I do. Maybe periodically engaged in some mindless banter. Danged I went outside early at first light and the hail last night done beat some of the paint off the side of the house. Did you Northerners get some hail?

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

You first Pitt. If it goes away I'll know it's not me.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

I'm thinkin' I might pounce. Then again I might hurdle, skip, spring, jump, vault or hop. Or nothing at all. It's all good.

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 1 month ago

hmmm I could use that extra day to take a shower. Gettin' mighty stinky in the nether regions!

riverdrifter 2 years, 1 month ago

A little known advantage is that when you're born on February 29th, you get TWO birfdays: the 28th and 29th. Take it from a leaper!

mustrun80 2 years, 1 month ago

I'm going to work for an organization called Organizing for America. It was started in 2008 and has 50 state organizations too. Mostly we just help 'organize' things like funding for groups that help local prostitutes set up shop.

Benjamin Roberts 2 years, 1 month ago

Leap Day? I just can't wait until June 30th when we have Leap Second. What to do with that extra second..........

Loki 2 years, 1 month ago

Betty isn't feeling well enough to go to school, but is out answering OTS questions. In my day that was called playing hookie! ;)