Previous   Next

Will you watch the Oscars?

Asked at Dillons, 3000 W. Sixth St. on February 26, 2012

Browse the archives

“Definitely. I hope ‘The Help’ wins. ”

“Yes, but I haven’t watched any of the movies.”

“No, but if I did, it’d be to root for John Wayne. ”

“No.”

Comments

mustrun80 2 years, 1 month ago

This years Oscars; a parade of liberal pretentious adulation of a black and white silent movie in the year 2012.

The Emperor's New Clothes on cocaine.

_Odeo 2 years, 1 month ago

Self Promotional stuff. Nope.....

rockchalker52 2 years, 1 month ago

Rara, don't know if you've heard, but everybody hates Chris. Now, Billy, on the other hand, we all love him. He even has a sparkling wine named after him. The Duke & Spencer have no chance. Gable is gonna win everything.

tange 2 years, 1 month ago

If it proves to be a quiet night, I may supplement by furnace blower with it.

autie 2 years, 1 month ago

I think Sean Penn won an Oscar..for Fast Times at Ridgemont High. With the immortal words, "dude"...and "Mr. Hand"...

CWGOKU 2 years, 1 month ago

Tonight is the real annual border war, every year my wife and daughters want to watch the Oscars and my son and I don't. It is an epic struggle over the remote. Thanks for mention Sean Penn, I just puked, my Spring diet is off to a good start. If I start eating I'll come back later to see of someone mentioned Madonna

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

Billy Crystal is not funny. If you want funny, bring back Chris Rock, except Sean Penn got mad at him because he made a funny joke about Jude Law and Sean Penn has no sense of humor unless the joke is about the destruction of America.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

I wonder if Sean Penn knows that "Hugo" is not about Chavez.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

Umm, Doug? Oh, never mind. I'll just root for Spencer Tracy.

autie 2 years, 1 month ago

The Spackle Channel? I like that. I may have to ask my carrier about that. I used to get calls because of my old fashion plaster skills. Have trowel. Will travel.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

Guess I can dig out my (very) old cassettes of "Router Workshop".

Let's see, were those in VHS or Betamax . . . ?

labmonkey 2 years, 1 month ago

Only if someone takes them all out with a can of cockroach spray.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

The Spackle Channel is doing a 24 hour marathon of "Who Wants to Spackle a Duck?" I'll be watching that.

rockchalker52 2 years, 1 month ago

Sure! Haven't seen any of the movies, but Billy Crystal is funny, so will watch for a while. And since none of youse manly fellows iz watching, I can steal the jokes & use 'em on OTS.

Bill Lee 2 years, 1 month ago

I'll probably be too exhausted after the Kansas Music Hall of Fame show at Liberty Hall this afternoon. A Cole Tuckey reunion!!

its_just_math 2 years, 1 month ago

No. Seeing that many Obama Idolizing Elites at one time like that would give me a severe migraine.

kusp8 2 years, 1 month ago

Yeah....I'd rather slit my wrists. What a joke.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

. . speaking of duct tape . . . Found two rolls of Woodland Camo tape while sorting through the reloading supplies yesterday. Hadn't seen that since we used it to patch the holes in my buddy's jon boat after some clown shot it full of .22 holes.

Need to put it in my Zombie Survival Kit . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

Only if I'm duct taped to this freakin' recliner!!

Odeo 2 years, 1 month ago

Here is an upbeat "Oscar" which we listen to in West Lawrence:

More disposable income = more $$ = better music. - Odeo

Odeo 2 years, 1 month ago

A tribute to "Oscar."....

I knew him well...- Odeo

Odeo 2 years, 1 month ago

ROCK ON , GANDALF!!--Give it to the woMAN at LJW!! - Odeo

Odeo 2 years, 1 month ago

Hmm..A final observance. The one who replied "“No, but if I did, it’d be to root for John Wayne. ” may be just telling tales about his plan to watch the "Oscars" as "Duke" - John Wayne has been dead for over 30 years I think. Was a good man.

I think my point is that people from Oskaloosa should not try to answer complicated questions. - Odeo

Gandalf 2 years, 1 month ago

Hey LJW, how come you asked for suggestions for the OTS and then don't use any of them?

Odeo 2 years, 1 month ago

Am working on a film that may be an "Oscar" - ergo, Academ(e) Award winner next year.

However, as I was trying to get it done before May - initial time line for Israel to pull the trigger against Iran- am thinking that my time line has been severely pushed up and limited. Am now thinking I may just have less than 24 hrs. Demmitt!! - Odeo

Odeo 2 years, 1 month ago

They walk amongst us and question why they are unemployed..... - Odeo

Odeo 2 years, 1 month ago

Nope. Not into Self-Promotional stuff like that. I did catch the first part of the "Grammy's" since Dim Whit-ney took a bath the day before.......

Curious, though...from one response...“Yes, but I haven’t watched any of the movies.”....???

WTF??? - Odeo

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 1 month ago

Nope, no relevance, and it will not be broadcast on the radio.