Previous   Next

What do you do as a stress relief?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 W. 23rd St. on February 25, 2012

Browse the archives

“Weight-lifting.”

“Window-shopping downtown makes me feel happy.”

“Take a bath.”

“Watch my fish tank.”

Comments

BMI 2 years, 5 months ago

I think today we will here from more liars than we've ever experienced.

H_Lecter 2 years, 5 months ago

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I spend about nine hours per day praying.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Troll for trolls, somewhat successfully I might add. A few posts back to back, a smarta$$ comeback or two and they are crawling out of the woodwork like roaches in a hoarder's kitchen. Keeps them from harassing some of the more sensitive posters here.

grammaddy 2 years, 5 months ago

You're a true hero RoeD! And damned good at what you do.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

My, aren't we sensitive today! A bit stressed are we? And I thought you were getting better . . tsk, tsk. . . . . oh, ;-)

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Yesterday I spent a few hours at the Dillon 550. With over 10,000 rounds of empty brass around here and about two tons of lead ingots I can keep myself busy preparing for the next phony apocalypse. Cast, size, load and shoot. Stress free fun since 1968.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Hey, spending time with the grandchild works too! One so far with another due in May. Reading to her, playing with the Legos and watching Elmo on YouTube gots to be the best. Evah!

ms_canada 2 years, 5 months ago

Roe - you will reap the great reward forever by spending time with your granddaughter. I will never regret one minute that I spent with my wee grandson. He is not so wee now, 6'3 -210lb. and visits me every week for a lovely long chat. Priceless for stress relief.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Yeah, JB , weightlifting. No stress there. Well except for the torn rotator cup, the carpal tunnel, hip replacement and (ahem!) chemical imbalances, I guess it was alright. BABBOY could probably tell you more aboutit.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Spelling suffers with early morning rants 8-)

labmonkey 2 years, 5 months ago

Chemical imbalances? Running and lifting probably keeps me balanced.

camper 2 years, 5 months ago

When you are benching 300 lbs Roe, make sure you got a spotter.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 5 months ago

Only one? But, it does depend on the dosage each pill contains. There's nothing like the good old benzos to relieve stress. It's unfortunate that they are so incredibly addictive that after only two or three months daily use, you absolutely need them or you're shaking with withdrawal symptoms.

jayhawklawrence 2 years, 5 months ago

I tried yelling at my kids but that didn't work. They are like female Dobermans. They can rip your heart out and eat it in front of you.

Reading books and having projects to work on is what I like to do...and laughing with my kids whenever I can.

FlintlockRifle 2 years, 5 months ago

Roe, you have a Dillion reloader, wow, I still am using an ole Lyman, single stage, yes pulling the trigger is a great way to unwind, love it, getting a little spendy even when you roll your own, but it's only money. right?

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Yeah guys, I bought the Dillon twenty some years ago when the overtime was flowing. Stocked up on powder, primers and once fired brass (.45 and .38). Still have the Lyman single stage for rifle rounds but never got into reloading shotshells. With the price of ammo now I can load a .44 round for the price of two .22long rifle rounds.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

huh? You'd think I could hear ya better with 5 grand worth of hearin' aids in my head . . .

JackMcKee 2 years, 5 months ago

um...um...um well let's just say I'm a master at it

ms_canada 2 years, 5 months ago

Edmonton is being covered in a large white fluffy blanket. Dang, I just cleaned those walks yesterday.. The temp was 5 above but today is 12 below. Yuck. That brings on the stress. Oh well, I think there is a bit of stress reliever Riesling somewhere in the cupboard.

Kontum1972 2 years, 5 months ago

taking my horny toad ..."Lester" for a walk

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Yeah . . . I been walkin' more ever since the tranny went out on me . . .

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

I watch Jayhawk basketball. Total snore, sooo relaxing. Yowzah!