Previous   Next

This Saturday is the last time Kansas will play Missouri in regular conference play in men’s basketball. Will you be sad to see the rivalry go?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 W. 23rd. St. on February 24, 2012

Browse the archives

“I’m sad to see (Missouri) leaving the conference because rivalry in sports is a good thing.”

“I’ll miss it for sure. Most of my family is from Missouri but I’ve grown up supporting the Jayhawks.”

“I don’t think I’ll be sad to see the rivalry go. It just leads to fights.”

“We have an in-house rivalry — it’ll be sad to see those jokes go. And for the schools, it adds an extra to the game, makes it just that bit better.”

Comments

Bill Lee 3 years, 6 months ago

Without true rivals, teams may as well play intermural games.

Shelley Bock 3 years, 6 months ago

Missouri walked away from the competition. I'm sorry to see it end, but MU made the decision to terminate. They found a new place to play and have rejected the conference. That's their problem, so be it. KU versus K-State will remain. Other rivalries will be made.

No compromises on this one. MU can come to Allen Fieldhouse to play. KU not returning to Columbia, ever again. No "neutral" court games in KC either. Our house or the highway for MU in my opinion.

I'll miss not seeing KU play Missouri. But, it is Missouri going for the money and forgetting tradition. Time will tell whether they're happy. Besides, who really cares if Missouri makes the correct decision?

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Hey I was always the last dude picked at recess so what do I care?

grammaddy 3 years, 6 months ago

Not at all. We've still got those puddycats out in Manhattan.

fancy80 3 years, 6 months ago

No, I won't be sad. I want to beat them by 30 points and laugh at them. Then I'll say goodbye and good riddance.

H_Lecter 3 years, 6 months ago

Of course.
I'll especially miss reading the comments on tigerboard.com There is something warm and special about be so despised and hated.

Mizzou will get spanked next year when they lose seven seniors from this roster and we won't be part of that slaughter.

Self had no business making the comment. "If they leave..." The decision was already made at that point. Give Self and the players credit though, they've exceeded initial expectations this year. With that said, they better be prepared to play for a full 40 mins. this Saturday.

rockchalker52 3 years, 6 months ago

Big Sis is a Jayhawk grad now living in SEC country which means MU is still on her active enemies roster. She gonna keep me updated on their failings. I told her not to bother, but she said if she had to put up with 'em, she was gonna share the Misery.

patkindle 3 years, 6 months ago

I always will wonder what our attitude would be If KU had of been invited to the big dance at the SEC and mizzouri was left at home holding their hat in their hand??

jackpot 3 years, 6 months ago

Or when you sit at Missouri and Fambrough Street?

FlintlockRifle 3 years, 6 months ago

You are funny us right??? Miss ole Normany and the halfwits in the yellow section

riverdrifter 3 years, 6 months ago

I was 9 and was sitting with my dad up in the NE corner. I didn't realize what was going on until it was almost over. Dad and his brother, both big guys and ex-Marines, were just about ready to head down there and mop the court with some slavers -except they had to watch out for me.