Previous   Next

Do you think you could find a lasting romance on a reality TV show?

Asked at Teller’s, 746 Mass. on February 23, 2012

Browse the archives

“I don’t know. I wanted to check it out to see what happens. I’m excited to see how (CBS’ new show “3”) may be different.”

“I figured there’s nothing to lose in trying. I’ve never been shy, always outspoken. I don’t mind being filmed.”

“I think in the format, you have to be open to the possibility it’ll work out, and the possibility it may not.”

“I don’t get embarrassed easily, so I thought I’d at least check it out at the beginning stages of the show process.”

Related story

Comments

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 9 months ago

Yes, of course! It all depends on what you mean by "lasting romance." Do you mean until next week? Or do you mean until next month?

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." - former President Bill Clinton

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

I must be having a nightmare . . . I'm goin' back to bed.

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 9 months ago

Maybe if it was one of those shows were the contestants try to form relationships with inanimate objects. (Says to rock) WHY WON'T YOU TALK TO ME???!!!!

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 9 months ago

tange, I have known two people that got married to someone they met online, one man and one woman. The man I don't know how it worked out because he moved to Georgia, where she lived, and I never saw him again.

But, I did see the woman that got married to someone she met online, and as a direct result of that marriage, I contracted a very serious case of the dreaded 'foot in mouth' disease.

I knew her years ago, and the last I heard was that she had moved to Kansas City with her new husband, who I never met, and he was her second husband. After that, I did not see her for years.

Then one day in Topeka I was eating at a restaurant and a couple tables away, there she was! It was very nice to see her again. So we greeted each other and I walked over to her table.

She introduced me to her husband, and I told him that I was very pleased to meet him. Then I very quickly did a calculation in my head, and yes I was accurate, and I said:

"So you've been married about nine years?"

There were a few awkward moments of silence. Whoops.

Her new husband broke the silence by saying,

"No, we've been married about six months. We met in a chat room."

JackMcKee 2 years, 9 months ago

I'm starting a reality show called 'Jack McKee needs Love Too". The three ladies above are my first contestants.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

Maybe a show called "Hot Pursuit" . . . but no, they already did a couple of movies by that name. . . The Mrs tells me if I were courtin' her today she could have me arrested for stalkin' her.

No idea why she would say that.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

WHAT ! The WWE is REAL ! (say it isn't so . . .)

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

Yup . . funny thing 'bout them ladies. They all makes fun of it but ain't a one what cain't win a trivia contest aboutit.

(Roe kisses bicep . . Mrs Roe shouts, "Big Pappa Pump!"

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

. . . although my belly never looked like the Rock's . . . more like Big Show's

labmonkey 2 years, 9 months ago

At least Roe stalks The Rock (kinda rhymes)... nowhere near as bad as someone stalking another LJworld commenter.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

maybe I already have one . . . send me your name, address, phone#, soc. sec.#, latest bank statement, a copy of your DL and your mothers maiden name and maybe we could be friends. Maybe . . .

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 9 months ago

You forgot that you also need a credit card #, and also its security code and expiration date.

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

Romance. The definition changes all the time. Anything is possible, I s'pose.

FB = flux blessed?

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

Hey, Dapple, do I hafta start calling you Rock Stalker? That's an awful lot like my handle, buster. I guess it's OK, but you're gonna need to update your status. Will you be my friend? Purely platonic, of course. No romance - unless we can get on TV.

labmonkey 2 years, 9 months ago

And stalker #2 (or flux's other ID) makes their appearance. Roe needs to start counter-stalking.

labmonkey 2 years, 9 months ago

Why is almost every comment from you and flux a comment about ROE? You can go through all my comments and see that I stalk noone. You look through your's and flux's comments, almost exclusively a reply to ROE.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

"Roe needs to start counter-stalking."

Nah, I'll stick with stalker baiting . . . You might say I'm a "master" at it . . .

(Oh, and don't forget flux/faceit's third ID , rantor)

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

"because we care, out of goodness, charity, and love"

Don't bother, I've got all I need. The funny part is, when you feel obligated to comment about me or others you become one of us! Well, with the exception that you add even less to the conversation . . .

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

"...that rc52 & RD were the same person..."

well, I'm not gonna deny it... ;-o} OMGoodness, too much fun for a Friday!

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

One are hansom an teh other has smarts. We let the troles figur itout