Previous   Next

Where would you go for your dream vacation?

Asked at Dillons, 3000 W. 6th St. on February 21, 2012

Browse the archives

“Israel with my family and float in the dead sea.”

“Probably Spain or Palma, Majorca.”

“I always wanted to go to Tonga (off the coast of New Zealand) because it’s the world’s smallest monarchy.”

“I like Key West.”

Comments

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 2 months ago

I would go to Las Vegas... not for the gambling mind you, but for the shmorgishborg buffets. I want to go to dinner and eat as many different things as I can before the wife gets embarrassed and leaves. Full stomach - no wife - Vegas - unforgettable.

riverdrifter 3 years, 2 months ago

I would travel James L. Clark's The Great Arc of The Wild Sheep. Get's you around the globe in fine style.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

Australia. Philippines. Thailand. Tibet. Vietnam.Hyperion (a moon of Saturn). Argentina. Antarctica. Wyoming. Siberia. Upstate New York. Costa Rica. Netherlands. Madagascar. Greece. Olympus Mons (largest mountain on Mars).

And finally, the Andromeda galaxy. However if I just wait it will soon be here. Give or take a few billion years . . .

labmonkey 3 years, 2 months ago

Ireland... who wouldn't want to go to a country full of cute redheads who actually like Americans?

FlintlockRifle 3 years, 2 months ago

Vietnam, Roe I spent eighteen months there back in 60's wasn't a "dream" vacation , more like a night horse. I know it has changed today, but still no thanks from this end. Today I would go back to Spain.

Mary Darst 3 years, 2 months ago

France. to see every corner. Then to Tihiti. Just to lay in the sun and watch the ocean.

rockchalker52 3 years, 2 months ago

My dream vacation starts with 25 cents per gallon gas prices for the whole year as I travel every cranny of the lower forty-eight. First stop is autie's to see what he's smoking - in the barbecue pit, I mean.

Bob Harvey 3 years, 2 months ago

Actually I would like to see Vietnam again. It was a beautiful country before (if you could ignore the surroundings) and I would suspect it even more beautiful today. Perhaps a few ghosts could be left there as well.

ms_canada 3 years, 2 months ago

pywacket - hubby and I did your last two sentances, staying in pensiones, riding buses, leisurely working our way through several countries, meeting lots of youth with back packs from non-wealthy families, having the time of their lives. You can keep your tour groups being led around like kindergarten kids from resort to resort, never having enough time to do justice to the Prado or the Louvre.

somedude20 3 years, 2 months ago

"'Cause, remember no matter where you go... there you are" -B. Banzai

ms_canada 3 years, 2 months ago

My friend Jane told us this am that she and Len are flying to Cancun tonite to an all inclusive resort.. That should be great for them. A dream vac. to one is not so to another. I have always liked vacations that tour around thru museums and galleries. Not everyone, I know. At my age (old) having seen much of the world, the only place that I can think of that I would like to see is Wales. Just to ride around that tiny country exploring small villages and towns, I think that would be dreamy.

rockchalker52 3 years, 2 months ago

Do you remember that movie 'Westworld' with Yul Brenner? That could be a fun vacation. They'd hafta work those bugs out where he kills you dead & everything. Or maybe a deal where you could shoot it out with James Bond & Scaramonga.
Watch out for the other players. Sometimes they careless: http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/2012/02/20/20120220mesa-police-mans-gun-goes-off-walmart-bathroom-brk.html

rockchalker52 3 years, 2 months ago

Rara, skanky gwyneth paltrow is a great name for a band. Isn't she married to some talentless hack who can only tune 5 outa the 6 strings? If you gurgle 'nekkid paltrow' you'll find an image of the whitest female epidermis ever photographed. Reading a script 'au natural' on her patio, purely unaware, of course.

I remember the Yul Brynner ad, but I can't remember if I was ' on again' or 'off again' with the cigs. It will prove interesting to realize the effects of alternating decades of nicotine.

Everytime someone mentions WakFest, I mourn, as much for the economy as the artistry. Both were good. Why they had to go, I dunno.

rockchalker52 3 years, 2 months ago

Yul was a headliner in that claptrap 'King & I' vehicle, which is one of those movies that you say you have watched in order to impress people. Just remember, it was Siam & her name was Anna.