Previous   Next

What keeps you feeling young?

Asked at Hy Vee, 4000 W. Sixth St. on February 20, 2012

Browse the archives

“Being around children.”

“Our 12-year-old poodle. We take her for two or three walks a day.”

“Being with my grandkids and going to their activities.”

Comments

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

Oh, and BoB, Cake still gargles my jewels. They were on some talk show the other night. First time I actually saw them. 5 idiots in tuxedo t-shirts. I guess that would have been funny in 1987, but, much like Cake, it was a total spew. I guess I missed the whole "They Might Be Giants" thingy, so I don't fing R&R something to laugh about. Whatever. Somedude understands me.

tange 2 years, 1 month ago

Women with old-lady names and little-girl hearts.

/ ... or is that little-girl names and old-lady hearts?

// I never can remember

ms_canada 2 years, 1 month ago

youth is all in the mind, Think young, be young. I just had a birthday and it was a biggy. but in my mind and heart, I will never grow old. Never!

My_Life 2 years, 1 month ago

holy moly, Brrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaadddd Pittttt....................... this dude rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sean Penn....eat your heart out.

Lawrence Morgan 2 years, 1 month ago

Working to help others find new solutions and possibilities.

This is a great question! There are a number of things that the Journal-World offers which need a month of answers. Create a special section for this!

My_Life 2 years, 1 month ago

Jesus as my life coach. Some geezers abandon Him and become old and cranky and surf the net all day. Indyan never ages.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

Where in the hell is Beto Junction?

rockchalker52 2 years, 1 month ago

Roe sez "How old do you have to be to feel like a grown-up?"

Aw, man, now my head hurts. I answered this 3 times & deleted all of 'em. Gonna hafta think on it more. Meanwhile, here's a gratuitous video. That's me on the left between rara & Roe.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

How old do you have to be to feel like a grown-up?

prospector 2 years, 1 month ago

Oldsoul (anonymous) says…

Leave it to the LJWorld to pick on people you think look past their prime on the public streets.

=============================

I wish they had found you to ask, I would love your answer to the question. oldsoul. I hope it is with a smile and cheery disposition.

Oldsoul 2 years, 1 month ago

Richard Payton 2 years, 1 month ago

Going to the pool and enjoying a swim.

jonas_opines 2 years, 1 month ago

Listening to old farts lament how things were better "back in the day."

gphawk89 2 years, 1 month ago

Lots of caffiene. And an occasional Vicodin when the joint pain gets too severe.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

Seeing Uncle Bob every summer keeps me feeling pretty young. He didn't make it last year and I must have aged about 10. My advice to anyone would be to stay Forever Young. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRVVfU40ZWE

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

Be real careful shootin' them electrical gadgets there autie, cuz they shoot back! A buddy of mine shot his old 1970's 27" Zenith a few years ago and woke up 'bout 30 minutes later with a big ole goose egg on his forehead and blood all down his face and shirt. That glass was thick enough to ricochet (French?) a .45acp back at him.

BABBOY 2 years, 1 month ago

Well, I am 46 and my wife is 30 by four days and I have 4 year old and 18 month old. So, they all keep me young

I guess to answer the question I feel good or young when I work out. My joints get sorer and my flexibility sucks but I am as strong now as I ever have been – stronger in the power lifts anyway like bench press, leg pushes on the sled, and what I can pull with the dumb bells….

So, I guess I do like it when my bald, fat self, sits on the bench press and pushes more weight and reps then these pretty boys with their cut abs and all…

(okay, I admit, I wish I had cut abs that could be seen – but I like to eat Mexican food and Oklahoma Joes more than starving myself)

Andini 2 years, 1 month ago

Living in a college town. The girls are always the same age regardless of my age.

g_rock 2 years, 1 month ago

Dating older men. Unfortunately, I usually pick emotionally unavailable ones which is tiring. So it sort of back fires on that one...

H_Lecter 2 years, 1 month ago

The secret is always having something, large or small, to look forward to.

autie 2 years, 1 month ago

I plan to keep going anyway regardless. I drug my broke down ass all over Kiowa and Comanche counties last year hunting. I will crawl up down the dam at some favorite fishing spots. And I told my kid, if I wind up in the wheel chair she will have to push me out in the pasture for dove shooting and that we would put pontoons on it for duck hunting...they could be cool. We went out and shot up some electronic equipment yesterday. That made me feel young. I still am not sure what all that smoke was....

rockchalker52 2 years, 1 month ago

After a Jayhawk roundballer makes the front end of a one & one and those cheerleading youngsters flip heels over head backwards to celebrate, I have delusions of doing the same. When I actually try it instead of imagining, I'll be old - and senile - and in traction.

kenny_powers 2 years, 1 month ago

Every day, I get up and look in the mirror and I am so impressed with what I see. Not as impressed as everybody else when they look at my magnificence, but pretty darn impressed.. Just knowing that I am the high bar that everyone, older, younger...ing everybody aspires to be. Being Kenny Powers, that is what keeps me feeling young.

autie 2 years, 1 month ago

Younger than what? Time is relative to the observer, right? Early to bed, early to rise. Don't smoke; too often anyway. Don't drink to excess. Stay away from exciting women.

LadyJ 2 years, 1 month ago

At 6 in the morning, nothing.

tange 2 years, 1 month ago

It's the smileys.

=:-o

:-)

,:-\

,;-)

grammaddy 2 years, 1 month ago

Gotta be the grandkids.As long as they are up and we're playing, I'm good. As soon as they have gone to sleep for the night, I feel about 600 years old.

milkman_dan 2 years, 1 month ago

Variety man. Variety.

Some days it's a bag of iced coffee, some days it's crushed red pepper, some days it a fruit smoothie some days are margarita days (I skip the salt around the rim) some days are "Man, I could of had a V8" I've never tried an energy drink though.

somebodynew 2 years, 1 month ago

I think it is younger women. But, that is just me.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 1 month ago

Extreme skipping.

It's like riding the world. The world is spinning man, and you are riding it.

Gandalf 2 years, 1 month ago

A hangover would probably do it.

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 1 month ago

They fought like warrior poets; they fought like Scotsmen, and won their freedom.

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 1 month ago

Well, you could go down by the creek and catch some crawdads, play jacks, sneak into a drive-in movie, get an ice cream soda from Penny Annies (oh wait), climb a tree, swing on a tire swing, play baseball, blow up fire crackers, skip school ( or job), look at the clouds, daydream, play fetch with the smelly dog from the land fill, shoot stuff with a slingshot....... the possibilities are endless! Though I'm quite lazy, so I just watch Forever Young starring Mel Gibson. Takes me back.

Loki 2 years, 1 month ago

Is OTS trying to say it's demographics are old in asking this question? I know Autie has his Civil War picture up trying to fool the ladies by using a younger looking photo, but don't judge the rest of us by him. ;)

Loki 2 years, 1 month ago

I will let you know when I ever feel old and have a need to attempt to feel young!

Benjamin Roberts 2 years, 1 month ago

What makes "Sound Off" think I feel young?