Previous   Next

What keeps you feeling young?

Asked at Hy Vee, 4000 W. Sixth St. on February 20, 2012

Browse the archives

“Being around children.”

“Our 12-year-old poodle. We take her for two or three walks a day.”

“Being with my grandkids and going to their activities.”

Comments

Loki 2 years, 10 months ago

I will let you know when I ever feel old and have a need to attempt to feel young!

Loki 2 years, 10 months ago

Is OTS trying to say it's demographics are old in asking this question? I know Autie has his Civil War picture up trying to fool the ladies by using a younger looking photo, but don't judge the rest of us by him. ;)

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 10 months ago

Well, you could go down by the creek and catch some crawdads, play jacks, sneak into a drive-in movie, get an ice cream soda from Penny Annies (oh wait), climb a tree, swing on a tire swing, play baseball, blow up fire crackers, skip school ( or job), look at the clouds, daydream, play fetch with the smelly dog from the land fill, shoot stuff with a slingshot....... the possibilities are endless! Though I'm quite lazy, so I just watch Forever Young starring Mel Gibson. Takes me back.

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 10 months ago

They fought like warrior poets; they fought like Scotsmen, and won their freedom.

somebodynew 2 years, 10 months ago

I think it is younger women. But, that is just me.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 10 months ago

There are at least a couple other things that keep me feeling young. But I better leave those out.

grammaddy 2 years, 10 months ago

Gotta be the grandkids.As long as they are up and we're playing, I'm good. As soon as they have gone to sleep for the night, I feel about 600 years old.

kenny_powers 2 years, 10 months ago

Every day, I get up and look in the mirror and I am so impressed with what I see. Not as impressed as everybody else when they look at my magnificence, but pretty darn impressed.. Just knowing that I am the high bar that everyone, older, younger...ing everybody aspires to be. Being Kenny Powers, that is what keeps me feeling young.

rockchalker52 2 years, 10 months ago

After a Jayhawk roundballer makes the front end of a one & one and those cheerleading youngsters flip heels over head backwards to celebrate, I have delusions of doing the same. When I actually try it instead of imagining, I'll be old - and senile - and in traction.

kawrivercrow 2 years, 10 months ago

I"We went out and shot up some electronic equipment yesterday. "

f the electronic equipment is still on the ground, I will pick it up for you, no questions asked. That stuff is full of heavy metals and other toxins and leaving it to leach into KS soil is simply not an acceptable option to me.

I despise littering of toxic waste so much that I pick up litter from natural habitats like that all the time. If you frequent the Clinton Lake, Baker wetlands or Kaw public lands, you may have seen me...trim 40s male in a wide brim hat and a wooden hiking stick with a plastic bag half-full of trash. I also do a lot of stuff in Kansas City and occasionally at Perry Lake.

I'm not kidding. Send me a message via my acct. No harsh judgments will be verbalized and the waste will be gone, although I may not get there until 3 weekends from now due to prior commitments.

H_Lecter 2 years, 10 months ago

The secret is always having something, large or small, to look forward to.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

Be real careful shootin' them electrical gadgets there autie, cuz they shoot back! A buddy of mine shot his old 1970's 27" Zenith a few years ago and woke up 'bout 30 minutes later with a big ole goose egg on his forehead and blood all down his face and shirt. That glass was thick enough to ricochet (French?) a .45acp back at him.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 10 months ago

Oh, at first I thought you were taking about the dancers at the Flamingo Club.

gphawk89 2 years, 10 months ago

Lots of caffiene. And an occasional Vicodin when the joint pain gets too severe.

jonas_opines 2 years, 10 months ago

Listening to old farts lament how things were better "back in the day."

ms_canada 2 years, 10 months ago

jonas, does that mean you are not an old fart yet? Some might say that I am an old fart, but I know that is not the case.

jonas_opines 2 years, 10 months ago

You're not an old fart until you start lamenting about how things were better "back in the day."

Oldsoul 2 years, 10 months ago

Leave it to the LJWorld to pick on people you think look past their prime on the public streets.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

How old do you have to be to feel like a grown-up?

rockchalker52 2 years, 10 months ago

Roe sez "How old do you have to be to feel like a grown-up?"

Aw, man, now my head hurts. I answered this 3 times & deleted all of 'em. Gonna hafta think on it more. Meanwhile, here's a gratuitous video. That's me on the left between rara & Roe.

rockchalker52 2 years, 10 months ago

Then why is the song called 'Rock of Ages?'

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

?? ??? I thought they were only 6,000 years old . . .

Lawrence Morgan 2 years, 10 months ago

Working to help others find new solutions and possibilities.

This is a great question! There are a number of things that the Journal-World offers which need a month of answers. Create a special section for this!

ms_canada 2 years, 10 months ago

youth is all in the mind, Think young, be young. I just had a birthday and it was a biggy. but in my mind and heart, I will never grow old. Never!