Previous   Next

Do you know what you would do if your home was on fire?

Browse the archives

“I’m not sure. I know to get to down as low as possible and get out.”

“Yes. We’ve talked about it and have a plan. ”

“Absolutely. We’ve lived in the same house since 1975. I have a plastic tub with valuables that I would take. I’m good to go.”

Comments

Bill Lee 2 years, 10 months ago

I've lost everything in a home fire already, so the main thing I'd do is GET THE HELL OUT!!! Stuff can be replaced; people can't.

jackpot 2 years, 10 months ago

Sorry you lost everything, but A++ for the reply.

Dayna Lee 2 years, 10 months ago

Word to the wise, renter's insurance is a great idea!

pace 2 years, 10 months ago

We have a plan and place to meet. When we had childrenat home we practiced different escape routes and strategies.We talk about different types of fire, No water on grease, roll don't run, dangers of electric shock, Do a practice run with children, make sure there are two exits from each area of the house. We enlarged a window to an upstairs office to make it safer. Have a whistle or air horn by your bed. Talk about what people should do if they hear it. Our plan is exit and meet, do not come to see why it is being blown. There are more dangers than fire. Think about you would want your partner or children to do if there is an intruder, if weather or other accident causes collapse. I have tried to talk seriously to our cat but he just thinks I should concentrate on opening tuna cans.

gphawk89 2 years, 10 months ago

Remove two family members and one big box full of family memories, drive to the grocery store, buy some marshmallows and graham crackers, drive back to the house, then call the fire department. Happily make some smores knowing that I won't have to do any more remodeling projects.

grammaddy 2 years, 10 months ago

Been there, done that. Nearly lost my youngest in that fire. People, just GET OUT !! Nothing, and I mean nothing is worth more than anyone's life.Nothing.

FlintlockRifle 2 years, 10 months ago

Grap a wet towel to hold over your face and beat it, grab the ole Flintlock on way out. No family to worry about, all grown and on there on.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

If the bunker catches fire . . . RUUUNNNNNNN !!!

rockchalker52 2 years, 10 months ago

Shoot, bunker explosions can be messy. Hard rakin' through the aftermath.

They say if you play on the Kaw, you can use a wedge AND a 12 gauge

rockchalker52 2 years, 10 months ago

ok, thats it, I'm done with bing. That's sposed to be a golf vid. Geeminy.

pace 2 years, 10 months ago

As long as you are in a place where you won't endanger others or property I won't care too much, I hope you understand hair doesn't usually catch fire easily. You might have to put something on your hair and set that on fire. I think it is a stupid act. It doesn't bother me a bit for people to use safe ride. I gave up hoping people would quit drinking but I haven't given up they might prefer at least to quit drinking and driving. OK I admit. I would like people to quit drinking but since I blame prohibition almost as much as congress for furthering criminal activities I accept that in this culture and this century they will drink, as they have in many cultures and for many centuries. Good for safe drive. I don't care the pittance it costs, I do not think it furthers drinking as much as lessens killing and maiming.