Previous   Next

Why did you come to the February Sisters event?

Asked at Spencer Museum of Art on February 5, 2012

Browse the archives

“I’m very excited to hear from this group of women and know more about how events unfolded.”

“I was here then, too — I remember this vividly, along with the many other things that were going on — fights for civil rights, women’s rights, the anti-war movement. It was an important time.”

“Because I’m a good feminist. These issues aren’t dead — a lot of young women don’t realize how much progress has been made but also that we’re not done yet. We need to continue to push for economic equality.”

“My wife and I know two of the women and have always admired them deeply.”

Comments

hitme 2 years, 10 months ago

So why is the On The Street question focusing on such small groups with the recent questions. "Comanche at 100" and "February Sisters" events.

Missed 'em both.

How about hitting some broader (US/world topics). Even a few sports questions.

Anyone (not) surprised by Haith's success?

pace 2 years, 10 months ago

Well not everyone finds sports more interesting than local history and recognition of brave women and interesting events.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

Doesn't matter. What this old truck driver don't know he at least has an opinion on. This one? Gimme a minute to thinkaboutit.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

We gots two beautiful daughters that were raised from the gitgo to believe anything they want to do, they can do. Told 'em don't ever let anyone tell 'em plumbing causes limitations on their abilities and dreams. Now if they had wanted to be truck drivers I know they woulda done me proud but we pushed 'em on to get themselves college degrees and they now is holding nice professional white collar jobs. I guess these February Sisters helped build the road our girls is drivin' on but I can tell you ours is takin out a speed bump or two.

JackMcKee 2 years, 10 months ago

When I'm in the mood for an unfunny comedy show I know just where to find it. The LJWorld comments section.

rockchalker52 2 years, 10 months ago

February needs more remembrances like this. Right now, there's the Super Bowl, Groundhog Day & Valentine's Day. Presidents' Day, too, but ever since they lumped George & Abe together on the same day, I quit paying attention.
Wife at New Years: I resolve to lose 10 lbs before March. Me about six weeks later: Congrats, honey, on that weight loss! Here's a heart shaped box o' chocolates.

H_Lecter 2 years, 10 months ago

Saw the Smile High Club play an impromptu show the other night. That's as close to Feb. Sisters I've seen this month. Very pleasant surprise.

H_Lecter 2 years, 10 months ago

Tapas. They probably played Free State too.
Two chicks, great voices, humorous (adult) lyrics, guitar, upright bass, & sm. kick-drum.

riverdrifter 2 years, 10 months ago

Whole lot of good gals there. My eldest sis is one of them.

H_Lecter 2 years, 10 months ago

So, it IS a small world. rd, your (Febuary) sister is half of a very cool duo. Such a great vocal blends. Not to mention the creativity. I talked to them about a future gig when it gets warmer. Don't worry, they're too talented to fillet into 3 oz. slices.