Previous   Next

Why did you attend Comanche at 150 or why did you help put it together?

Asked at Museum of Natural History, Kansas University on February 3, 2012

Browse the archives

“I saw Comanche a lot a child and so was interested in the history and preservation.”

“We thought it’d be good to involve the community and get more people interested in the museum.”

“We have a lot of historians in our group. Comanche is something the community’s interested in and involves a lot of different aspects of history as well as conservation.”

Related story

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

Last thing I remember was a flick of his tail then all hell broke loose.

chootspa 2 years, 10 months ago

Comanche is the stuffed horse at the KU Museum of Natural History. Survived Little Big Horn.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

"In about two seconds when I hit post it will be a dead issue to me."

Wow. Talkin' about beatin' a dead horse . . .

8-]

rockchalker52 2 years, 10 months ago

"Is it a biker bar? A musuem? Native American gathering? Football play?" babboy

2 outa 4 for a kstate guy ain't bad, even if the native gathering wasn't exactly recent.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

This just in! Study shows Republicans have more fulfilling sex lives! Survey says as much as 40% better!

Meanwhile Mormons surveyed are at 54% more satisfied.

No results posted for Democrats or the Green Party . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

A stuffed chipmunk? Bet he didn't see his shadow . . .

Might as well used a dead horse . . .

Flap Doodle 2 years, 10 months ago

"Mistakes were made", Cpt. Benteen, master of understatement.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

"Bout time for tuscahoochie to come on and blast us for not being as smart or well educated as he.

MarcoPogo 2 years, 10 months ago

Since he's not here right now, I'll do it for him: "You dumblican, Archie Bunker racist who doesn't know random history facts. Go hide your white head in the sand since you are a clules idyot."

That work for ya, RoeD?

rockchalker52 2 years, 10 months ago

"I saw Commanche a lot as a child..." You mean when it was just a pony? Wow, you guys go way back, huh?

Bill Lee 2 years, 10 months ago

When I arrived at KU, I considered Commanche a "must see." I remembered the Disney movie "Tonka" starring Sal Mineo. Yes, I'm that old.

H_Lecter 2 years, 10 months ago

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" fb

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

RoeDapple (anonymous) says… "This just in! Study shows Republicans have more fulfilling sex lives!"

Mrs Roe says it's because the Democrats aren't finished yet . . .

Wait a minute !! How the hell does she . . .

Lt_Dan 2 years, 10 months ago

Sometimes going for a walk involves using four wheels. You may have seen me, I am hard to miss. Just ask the driver of the silver Escalade. The cold damp air this morning made places hurt I don't even have anymore. Was that funny RoeD? pm me.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

Ret. Could be a trap. Good price but I always talk to the local golf courses first.

Dan. Yup.

rockchalker52 2 years, 10 months ago

The liquor store was really crowded at lunch. There was a kid with gauged ears manning the register. I'm not sure he worked there. Anyway, he delighted in telling me they weren't getting any more of the chocolate ale for about a year. 'S okay, I have some hersheys & a mixmaster.