Previous   Next

Today is Groundhog Day. Do you think we’ll get winter weather or will the weather remain mild?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on February 2, 2012

Browse the archives

“I think it’s going to get really cold. We’re bound to have a winter.”

“I hope it stays this nice all the way through St. Patrick’s Day.”

“I think we’ll still have a winter. I predict a snow storm on Feb. 12.”

“I think it’s going to stay spring-like — I’m trying to be optimistic.”

Comments

Linda Endicott 2 years, 6 months ago

Uh...that's for March, not Feb....

riverdrifter 2 years, 6 months ago

I gaged 0.07" precip. for January. I'm going to crank that back to 0.06 as I believe a high wind gust of 41 mph on Jan. 26 shook the mast my weather station is mounted on and made the rain gage tip erroneously. It be dry hereabout.

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

Oops. Too late. But y'all is welcome to come out for a taste . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

Groundhogs are just a glorified rodent closely related to squirrels.They often carry bacteria that can cause lethal pneumonias.Groundhogs also suffer from other diseases, among them the hepatitus B virus. Ticks, lice and fleas are also an issue. The nasty thing will surely cast a shadow when dragged from it's burrow due to the idditts with lights and cameras surrounding it. Doesn't matter. It is what it is.

Roe is grumpy this AM . Gotta deal with roofers today. Only one speaks 'Merican and not too gooder. The price we pay to get a decent price. That too is what it is. Guess I could call my neighbor Kolbach to come check 'em out. After they're done. But before I write the check. Aw hell, they gotta eat too. Just get 'er done. Then get off my lawn.

(The guy is a friend. If I didn't give him a rash of cr@p he would think I was mad at him. Then he would burn me out.)

H_Lecter 2 years, 6 months ago

Sometimes......it is better not to speculate. Sometimes......it is better not to know what the future holds. Sometimes......it's better just to hang on and enjoy the ride. For some that ride might be better with their eyes closed while deafening screams are coming from their mouths I prefer to keep my eyes open and smile through the noise ...and the blood.

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

rantor should show up for this one. An opportunity to be clever based on his avatar and troll at the same time.

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

autie (anonymous) says… "It will be weather whether it is winter weather or whether it is nice winter weather. It is all winter weather, just not very bad winter weather whether you like it or not."

Whether I like it or not, winter weather makes me wither . . .

George_Braziller 2 years, 6 months ago

I agree with Rick. Maybe not snow specifically on Feb. 12, but right around that time. It seems like it always snows a few days either before or after Valentine's Day.

asixbury 2 years, 6 months ago

It started with so-called "Saint" Patrick ridding Ireland of snakes. Thing is, there are no snakes in Ireland (too cold). Those snakes were pagans who refused to convert to Catholicism. And he didn't just make them leave; most of them were slaughtered. That is probably also how the drinking was attached to this holiday. The Irish had to drown their sorrows.

rockchalker52 2 years, 6 months ago

Was checkin' on some o' them LTE's & political threads & the like. Whoo, it's Groundhog Day over there! They just keep saying the same stuff back & forth. Kinda like congress.

That song ain't got no melody:

LadyJ 2 years, 6 months ago

What do you call a groundhog's laundry? Hogwash

Lt_Dan 2 years, 6 months ago

The OTS is a riot. Does anyone answer the question? My answer is Yes.

riverdrifter 2 years, 6 months ago

I've got major bank that I'd wagger agin that.