Previous   Next

Today is Groundhog Day. Do you think we’ll get winter weather or will the weather remain mild?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on February 2, 2012

Browse the archives

“I think it’s going to get really cold. We’re bound to have a winter.”

“I hope it stays this nice all the way through St. Patrick’s Day.”

“I think we’ll still have a winter. I predict a snow storm on Feb. 12.”

“I think it’s going to stay spring-like — I’m trying to be optimistic.”

Comments

thuja 2 years, 2 months ago

We're on the rocky bottom of an air ocean.

When I was little, I would stand on my head and feel like I was going to fall off the Earth through the clouds and into space.

Cool, man.

thebcman 2 years, 2 months ago

We will get a foot of snow on April 1st.

Lt_Dan 2 years, 2 months ago

The OTS is a riot. Does anyone answer the question? My answer is Yes.

My_Life 2 years, 2 months ago

Jesus told Indyan that Satan is backng off on the heat and February is gonna get cold and wet and go down as one of the worst Februarys on record. Tons of snow and ice. What a beautiful day/week to be outdoors goofin' off in the sun.

autie 2 years, 2 months ago

I'm predicting 29 days this February.

LadyJ 2 years, 2 months ago

What do you call a groundhog's laundry? Hogwash

Andini 2 years, 2 months ago

I always know that winter is over when I see the neighbor lady sunbathing topless.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 2 months ago

I'll probably just wait and see what Marvin says.

CWGOKU 2 years, 2 months ago

That's fer sure, that's fer dang sure. I just read some the comments. Same old liberal vs conservative banter with the same players. Yawn. LJW loves it. I don't. Waste of time

rockchalker52 2 years, 2 months ago

Was checkin' on some o' them LTE's & political threads & the like. Whoo, it's Groundhog Day over there! They just keep saying the same stuff back & forth. Kinda like congress.

That song ain't got no melody:

Rara_Avis 2 years, 2 months ago

I would like to get Ronaldo's take on the origins of St. Patrick's Day. It sems to have evolved into a perverse celebration of hedonism.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 2 months ago

I do remember a former 6news anchor that used to say "April showers bring ME flowers". He messed a lot of stuff up. The guy was really confused, and not very bright.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 2 months ago

There's only one sure way to know. garyspivey.com

CWGOKU 2 years, 2 months ago

In like a feral sloth, out like salt marsh hare

g_rock 2 years, 2 months ago

If there is a hog in the ground I hope it is a Luau. Please pass a Mai Tai. Not sounding like winter to me.

prospector 2 years, 2 months ago

Why are you asking me? Do I look like a Groundhog?

George_Braziller 2 years, 2 months ago

I agree with Rick. Maybe not snow specifically on Feb. 12, but right around that time. It seems like it always snows a few days either before or after Valentine's Day.

BABBOY 2 years, 2 months ago

Carefull, some house member in the legislature may make him the State dog.....

Then, when you are not looking close your school or take away the football team with budget cuts......

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 2 months ago

I refuse to believe in the meteorological prognostications of a rodent.

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

autie (anonymous) says… "It will be weather whether it is winter weather or whether it is nice winter weather. It is all winter weather, just not very bad winter weather whether you like it or not."

Whether I like it or not, winter weather makes me wither . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

rantor should show up for this one. An opportunity to be clever based on his avatar and troll at the same time.

H_Lecter 2 years, 2 months ago

Sometimes......it is better not to speculate. Sometimes......it is better not to know what the future holds. Sometimes......it's better just to hang on and enjoy the ride. For some that ride might be better with their eyes closed while deafening screams are coming from their mouths I prefer to keep my eyes open and smile through the noise ...and the blood.

autie 2 years, 2 months ago

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

Groundhogs are just a glorified rodent closely related to squirrels.They often carry bacteria that can cause lethal pneumonias.Groundhogs also suffer from other diseases, among them the hepatitus B virus. Ticks, lice and fleas are also an issue. The nasty thing will surely cast a shadow when dragged from it's burrow due to the idditts with lights and cameras surrounding it. Doesn't matter. It is what it is.

Roe is grumpy this AM . Gotta deal with roofers today. Only one speaks 'Merican and not too gooder. The price we pay to get a decent price. That too is what it is. Guess I could call my neighbor Kolbach to come check 'em out. After they're done. But before I write the check. Aw hell, they gotta eat too. Just get 'er done. Then get off my lawn.

(The guy is a friend. If I didn't give him a rash of cr@p he would think I was mad at him. Then he would burn me out.)

tange 2 years, 2 months ago

Every day is Groundhog Day for me.

I think we’ll get winter weather AND the weather will remain mild.

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

Oops. Too late. But y'all is welcome to come out for a taste . . .

riverdrifter 2 years, 2 months ago

I gaged 0.07" precip. for January. I'm going to crank that back to 0.06 as I believe a high wind gust of 41 mph on Jan. 26 shook the mast my weather station is mounted on and made the rain gage tip erroneously. It be dry hereabout.

Odeo 2 years, 2 months ago

Odeo 2 years, 2 months ago

Have "iron eyes" on the first ground hog. It will probably fall back into its' hole - dead. Poor thing.

I think it will get a bit colder.... - Odeo