Previous   Next

How do you start the new year fresh?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 3504 Clinton Parkway on December 30, 2012

Browse the archives

“By setting goals for yourself and not just thinking about doing them but actually achieving them.”

“I usually try to have a more positive mindset every year rather than a superficial resolution.”

“I don’t do anything.”

Comments

reasonablevoice 1 year, 3 months ago

Maybe the LJWorld could start the new year by remembering where they ask their questions. I'm 100% certain that these pictures were taken at the Clinton Pkwy. Hy-Vee and not at Mass St. Dillons.

milkman_dan 1 year, 3 months ago

I'm thinking a Mint Julep Colonic. May have to do a little extra work with the Muddler to truly be minty fresh.

Here's to all who we've lost in '12.

Gandalf 1 year, 3 months ago

I'm not sure, but I think I just ran into Roed at the Wal-Mart on Iowa. At least it looked like a 6'3", 250lb roedapple buying 61 dollars worth of ammo on New Years Eve. Wuzzat you roed? :O)

Happy New Year everbody!

Ronda Miller 1 year, 3 months ago

Lab, but with the snow and feel of winter starting some years as early as October, the years it doesn't (like this one) brings us much closer to a three month 'acting' winter as opposed to the possible six month one I've experienced here, in NW Kansas, and certainly in Denver and The North Pole. Get out your special lamps and up your vitamin D intake...... Survive.....winter.....

Roe, ifin ye spent as much time cleanin ur teeth (tooth) as ya do yurin weapons, it would stay in thee mouth longer. Those wooden tooths you were sportin last time I saw ya wernt tha pertiest.
Cousin autie cainnt kep carvin ya nuw ones fram his wooden duck coexscion

Ron, turn off the drums - they're driving me crazy!

Hope everyone is able to keep their feet (and teeth) where they belong tonight. Happy New Year!

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 3 months ago

I am going to watch every movie about snipers, and then write a synopsis of their different techniques, weapons and ammo.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 3 months ago

Really?

Comment is JUST GONE?

Why?

Because I have a $3000/10000 deductible?
Because the tax deduction thresholds are being raised?
Because flexible spending account amounts allowed are being lowered?
Because I said the Affordable Care Act was not affordable?
Because I said I was being FORCED to accept this situation?

rockchalker52 1 year, 3 months ago

Aw, it's just another year, except ya never know...

Happy New Year, everybody!

CWGOKU 1 year, 3 months ago

Is that like, every body have fun tonight, everybody wang chung tonight?

BABBOY 1 year, 3 months ago

Not much, like many people, I am constantly setting new goals and trying to improve. So the whole chane in the calendar things does not mean I need change anything because I am constantly trying to change things for the better.

Frankly, it is a stupid holiday and I think they should take the day off (or two days off for some) and put it on extra on the 4th of July as that day has a lot of meaning to our country.....

g_rock 1 year, 3 months ago

We go Wunsching which involves cocktails, German food and family.

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

I boycott downtown. Well, except for Wheatfields and ZenZero. As long as I don't have to park in the back. Those stinkin' alleys ruin my appetite.

Kathy Getto 1 year, 3 months ago

By boycotting businesses who are members of the Chamber of Commerce. Good place to start.

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

If you think you might hate yourself in the morning, just sleep 'til noon.

CWGOKU 1 year, 3 months ago

Clean all the empties out of my car.

Wait and see if and when Autie wakes up, if he sees his shadow.

autie 1 year, 3 months ago

If I wake up...it's a good day.

Andini 1 year, 3 months ago

Brushing my teeth and changing my underwear.

Damian666 1 year, 3 months ago

I believe in and accept the Jesus as my savior. I'm ready to die now. Please delete my account.

LadyJ 1 year, 3 months ago

Well, the first thing, can't talk bout it, let's just say it's loud. Roe would be impressed. Next, laugh at every one with a hang over. Last, black eyed peas.

riverdrifter 1 year, 3 months ago

Oh, by also becoming the next coming of Andy Warhol.

riverdrifter 1 year, 3 months ago

To no longer address the Walking Dumb. I'll try to do better.

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

I thought I was doin' good with green teeth . . .

Gandalf 1 year, 3 months ago

I think this year I'll try holding my breath till my face turns green.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 3 months ago

Roe, nurf said......

January is good, lab. It's a downhill slide to spring!

labmonkey 1 year, 3 months ago

I tend to get pissy around the beginning of the year. I realize that "oh crap, it is January and the beginning of the two worst months of the year." Also, I hate the gym because all the stupid resolution people are there and in the way.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 3 months ago

Gold Bond on my balls. A fresh way to start any day.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 3 months ago

I do make a commitment to myself about how many poems I expect to write and rehash publishing goals. Last year I made a resolution to run again - even once. I managed to do that several times and actively engaged in Zumba. It helps keep me moving when Roe is firing at me - even if they are blanks!

Israel was the end goal last year, I hope to go again in 2013 and Paraguay is screaming my name.

Ron, how do you know the calendar is fresh.... and do you keep it refrigerated?

Ron Holzwarth 1 year, 3 months ago

I put up a fresh calender, usually. I get really confused if I don't do that.

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

If the range is open I might go shoot holes in paper. Oh heck, I'll just stay home and shoot holes in the burn barrel. (mine, not the neighbor's)

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

With my yearly shower, whether I need it or not.

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Zombies! Run for your lives!