Previous   Next

Do you collect anything?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 29, 2012

Browse the archives

“I don’t. I feel like I’m a minimalistic person and I always lose things. ”

“ I collected baseball cards, when I was little. I still have them.”

“ Knives, I guess. I’m going to sound like a crazy person. They are outstanding pieces of craftsmanship.”

“ I collected old letters and pictures and notes people sent me.”

Comments

andrew55 1 year, 3 months ago

Thoughts....they have a mind of their own......

Bill Lee 1 year, 3 months ago

When I was younger I collected the traditional favorites...coins, stamps, baseball cards, etc. I began collecting records while I worked in radio. At one point I had more than 15,000 albums. I finally decided to specialize in Kansas and Kansas City music. I lost my collection in the Board walk fire, but I've managed to replace much of what I lost., Unfortuately, many of the things I lost were one of a kind recordings that will never be heard again.

My current collection of Kansas and Kansas City music has many rare recordings, posters and band photos.

Cole Tuckey's magazine cover

Cole Tuckey's magazine cover by Bill Lee

Ron Holzwarth 1 year, 3 months ago

I collect aquarium ornaments, and some somewhat realistic looking ceramic fish to go with them. Those were all made in Japan. I have quite a few ornaments from various time periods and countries. I have a couple that I believe are from before 1900, a few from Germany that are from before WW II, and a few more that were made in Japan after WW II. All from Ebay, of course.

There are castles, a Roman aqueduct, fake mountains, an Art Deco arch, and at least one defies description, but it's very old, from before 1900, I've seen illustrations of a similar one in publications from about 1860. I even have a replica of the Parthenon in Greece.

And, they look very beautiful in front of my aquariums. Not a single one of them is inside an aquarium!

Starlight 1 year, 3 months ago

Have all the Heavy Metal magazines April 1977 to present. Was printed at Color Press in Lawrence in the early days.

autie 1 year, 3 months ago

Indyan must have runned off to a gravel pit someplace. Quarry love, it's the worst.

Norma Jeane Baker 1 year, 3 months ago

OTS questions. They're priceless.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 3 months ago

Why?

My question is what kind of egg opener do you have?
The one like the cigar cutter or the one with the long stem handle?

autie 1 year, 3 months ago

I've collected many things over the years. I just don't remember where any of them are now.

Liberty275 1 year, 3 months ago

Knives, guitars and flashlights.

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

.22 brass. 3 five gallon buckets of it. Just more cr@p for the younguns to dispose of when I'm gone

Gandalf 1 year, 3 months ago

Years! Man they are starting to add up!! :o(`

tange 1 year, 3 months ago

Anecdotes.

... and antidotes...

— The Fall, from The Marshall Suite

riverdrifter 1 year, 3 months ago

Shed antlers and deer heads, both shot and (mostly) found.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 3 months ago

Finger nail clippings, belly button fuzz, and girlfriends.

labmonkey 1 year, 3 months ago

Old military rifles. I will probably be kicking myself for passing up an original but in great shape Krag that was going for under $800. Good, functioning Krags are getting hard to find and 1903's are starting to follow suit.

Andini 1 year, 3 months ago

Yes. Beer cans. Almost 1,600. All different and displayed in my mancave.

My_Life 1 year, 3 months ago

not rocks, they're horrible horrible hurtful things