Previous   Next

Do you do much of your shopping online?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 26, 2012

Browse the archives

“No. I am from Lawrence and work downtown and think local businesses deserve my money more than online businesses that don’t even try.”

“ A fair amount I guess. For clothing and shoes.”

“ Yes, I do. Clothing mostly.”

“ I don’t do much shopping period.”

Comments

labmonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

Sometimes the only way to buy American made is online, otherwise I try to help out local stores before I go to a national chain.

p>unionlabel.com is an awesome place to buy clothes.

Clint Church 1 year, 9 months ago

Sorry, didn't mean to hit removal. Too close to your link.

Katara 1 year, 9 months ago

You need to pay more attention to your receipt. Many companies are charging sales tax on online purchases. KS requires also requires companies who have a physical presence in the state to charges sales tax. Amazon, for example, has a distribution center in Coffeyville.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

What ever it takes to avoid the sewer pit known as "downtown".

Mike Edson 1 year, 9 months ago

What's up with the Coventry ad over the "On the street?" It needs to go away.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

Oh. I think my cuzin ate the fruitcake last year. Musta not been in on the joke of gifting it for the last 32 years. Or maybe he needed a boat anchor.

gccs14r 1 year, 9 months ago

If a local vendor is competitive and I know they exist and have the product (meaning that the local vendor has a website with searchable inventory) and they're within a few percent of major online retailers in price, then sure, I'll shop locally. Or, if the local vendor offers a mix of products I want that are mostly unobtainable by other means, then of course I'll shop locally. If, however, the local vendor has a thin product offering for a 25% price premium, they can keep it.

rockchalker52 1 year, 9 months ago

Recently clicked up a purchase of dahlias & hollyhocks. Gonna plant 'em next to the outhouse.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

The new wheels for the Sears canister vacuum should be here on 01/02/13. $6 shipping. Can't drive the F-250 for $6, much less KC.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 9 months ago

No need to be sorry. You gave us some good information. Thanks.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 9 months ago

I grew up with the Sears catalog, too. But I mostly just looked at the ladies modeling panties and bras.

riverdrifter 1 year, 9 months ago

I'd say 50% of the stuff I buy is online. Throw groceries out of the equation and it's probably 80%. Rivers are only place left to hunt hereabout; everything else is shelled over.