Previous   Next

What is your favorite type of holiday decoration?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 10, 2012

Browse the archives

“A strong, festive costume. It gets everyone else in the spirit.”

“I like Christmas trees, the artificial kind. My mom’s allergic to real trees.”

“Christmas lights. People just do really creative stuff with them.”

Comments

grammaddy 2 years ago

The lights!The more "Griswold" the better.

Bill Lee 2 years ago

Christmas trees. I decorate mine with sunflowers each year.

rockchalker52 2 years ago

Nice tree, misterlee! My favs include the beautifully wrapped presents that are placed underneath the Christmas trees. I'm especially attracted to the ones with my name on them.

RoeDapple 2 years ago

Yep, the spirit . . . I gots it. I don't even hate the haters this time of year. At least not as much. Whatever.

RoeDapple 2 years ago

First time I drank eggnog was in '72. I was also an occasional user of Beechnut at the time. Both at the same time is a terrible, terrible thing to do. Terrible. Haven't tasted either one since.

riverdrifter 2 years ago

Christmas? I'm just now getting out the Halloween stuff (I'm a charter member of Procrastinators International).

riverdrifter 2 years ago

When deer hunting out west last week we did see one extremely nice decoration: LED tube lighting in a deep blue color running along either side of a quarter mile long curved driveway which lead uphill to a nice ranch home. We could see it for miles. You can do cool stuff like that with LED lighting, which uses very little juice.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

If you fell from 23 miles out in space and your chute didn't open, how high would you bounce? I think I would at least try to throw in a double with a full twist.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

The Karman line is too far. 23 miles from sea level, I guess. The stratosphere maybe. When I was in college a friend of mine and I were drinking a 12 pack and watching Faces of Death. This guy jumped out of a plane and his chute didn't open. He got about a 10-12 foot bounce out of it. I'm thinking if you fell from 23 miles you'd probably get one hell of a good bounce or you'd create a nice crater.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

At a 45 degree angle of flight, travelling at 600mph, how high could a commercial jet go before something bad happened.

rockchalker52 2 years ago

Eddie, by reindeer is the only way to travel during the holidays. Santa never crashes. You won't need a parachute & clearing customs is a breeze.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

Well, that Felix Baumgartner jerk hit 834mph but then he started slowing down. I don't get that at all. I was kind of hoping his chute wouldn't open. A quick timeline:

On 25 July 2012, Baumgartner completed the second of two planned test jumps from 96,640 feet (29,460 m).

Main jump on 14 October 2012 when Baumgartner landed in eastern New Mexico after jumping from a world record 39,045 metres (128,100 ft) or just over 39 kilometres (24 mi).

On 6 November 2012 Baumgartner was convicted of battery and was fined €1500 after punching a Greek truck driver in the face.[

riverdrifter 2 years ago

Did you ever jump? Think of how the ground rush must have been at 5,000 feet after jumping from that altitude. Yikes! I probably would've exited the dive at 8,000! I don't know where this guy went out at.

riverdrifter 2 years ago

Mach 1? No-no-no! In fact, I no longer want to think of that stuff. I won't go up in anything smaller than a 737 these days.

George_Braziller 2 years ago

Christmas trees next to the curb after it's all finally over.