Previous   Next

Do you donate to organizations during the holiday season?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 4, 2012

Browse the archives

“I give money here and there. For the most part I donate toys to Toys for Tots.”

“No I do not. I’ve donated before.”

“Yes we donate, to the Salvation Army usually.”

“Yes.”

Related story

Comments

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 4 months ago

I'm broke, unemployed, and I feel too guilty to answer this question. I'll pick one I missed over last past few days.

What would you do if you won the $550 million Powerball jackpot?

At the rate I was paying, I figure I could afford about 68,750 lbs. of high grade weed. I'd stay high for at least a week. Problem is, the guy who used to supply it to this town is currently sitting in a CCA facility somewhere waiting for his trial next summer.

I guess I would share some of that weed........

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 4 months ago

Hey Andini, that time I said "Next, Andini", I meant because you're usually the first one here lately.

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

Not any more (or less) than the rest of the year. But don't approach me in the parking lots of large retail outlets. I'll only pi$$ you off.

classclown 2 years, 4 months ago

Yesterday we were asked if we were organ donors. Today we are asked if we are organization donors.

msezdsit 2 years, 4 months ago

While it is certainly for a good cause, the bell ringers are the most annoying thing about "tis the season". Nevertheless, I drop money into their buckets as well as other charities who have figured out a less annoying way to operate. I suppose they don't generate as much cash as the ringers. Don't really know.

jonas_opines 2 years, 4 months ago

All things on internet deserving a degree of skepticism, you still might look into the conditions that the Salvation Army gives on the assistance that they provide.

msezdsit 2 years, 4 months ago

Ok, got a link? I'll check that out anyway.

grammaddy 2 years, 4 months ago

The grands and I feed the red buckets every time we go to Dillons or anywhere else they may be. There were a few years when we first moved here that there would not have been any Christmas for the kids had it not been for the Salvation Army.Lt. Dave Jones was a good friend of our family when we were still in Topeka. I was very glad to find him here when we moved here. While I am not a big fan of SA's stand on the LGBT community, I still feel need to give something back for all they did for us back then.

mae 2 years, 4 months ago

I love to get rid of change. Otherwise it ends up all corroded under my truck's seat or I have to make another trip to the dryer to stop the banging. They may as well use it. If I was rich, I'd prolly do the alternative route and use it as a documented tax writeoff.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 4 months ago

Sound Off: A friend of mine insists that volleyball is an American game, but I know it to be a French sport whose inventor’s last name was Mintonette and whose first name escapes me. Can anybody confirm this for me?

Artie? Ronaldo? BoB, maybe?

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 4 months ago

"I'll hang in front of the Merc and Alvin's waiting for skinny guys in leather pants...and give them joints."

I'll be there, Artie. But it better be good. None of that K-Dirt.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 4 months ago

I donate plasma a lot. But I get paid for it.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 4 months ago

Get the party started, Ronaldo! I got your back. I miss the battles I used to have with JK and Whitney. I usually lost, but it was a lot of fun!

somedude20 2 years, 4 months ago

I "donate" my $0.75 for an LJW paper now and again ($1.75 on Sundays) to help keep some lunch money in the kid's pockets!!!!!

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

"Can you hear the dolphin's cry?" - R_I

Tastes like tuna . . . ?

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 4 months ago

"Jim Lee looks like Hoyt Axton, or my grandmother, I can't decide"

Your Grandmother?! Christ, CW, you must be one butt-ugly dude! I used to work with a couple of gals that were real cracking smashers. One looked like Charles Laughton and one looked liked Babe Ruth. I could tolerate the other one that looked like Shemp, but a woman ought never to look like Charles Laughton or Babe Ruth.

rockchalker52 2 years, 4 months ago

Babboy should have Flipper the dolphin as his mascot.