Previous   Next

How important do you think future space exploration is to the nation’s future?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 26, 2012

Browse the archives

“The notion of a limitless human potential is really important to inspire human creation and innovation, and space exploration gave us that sense of inspiration and motivation.”

““I think space exploration was one of the most creative things we have done, and I think the future of humanity and of our planet depends on our creativity.”

“Medium. Not high priority, but we should do something.”

“I went to space camp. I think it’s very important. It pushes technology forward. It encourages all generations to get into math and science.”

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

"How important do you think future space exploration is to the nation’s future? "

Awkward question.

"How important do you think space exploration is to the nation’s future? "

or

"How important do you think future space exploration is to the nation? "

I hate being a grammar nazi . . . .

Liberty275 2 years, 6 months ago

I think our species is mandated to learn and colonize appropriately.

That gives us something to do until the universe implodes or freezes.

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

Colonizing the universe is inevitable. It's how we got here.

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

autie, my dog already invented that but all he's done so far is put skid marks on the carpet.

jafs 2 years, 6 months ago

Perhaps after we solve our problems in this country, and on the planet as a whole, have plenty of resources that we can't find anything better to do with, we could consider space exploration.

Until then, I'd give it a very low priority, personally.

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 6 months ago

It's very important. Just don't forget your oxygen!

Gareth Skarka 2 years, 6 months ago

The Tea Party fanatics will continue to slash budgets and deny science, until such time as China starts building orbital installations and a moon base -- then they'll whine about how America is being "beaten."