Previous   Next

How important do you think future space exploration is to the nation’s future?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 26, 2012

Browse the archives

“The notion of a limitless human potential is really important to inspire human creation and innovation, and space exploration gave us that sense of inspiration and motivation.”

““I think space exploration was one of the most creative things we have done, and I think the future of humanity and of our planet depends on our creativity.”

“Medium. Not high priority, but we should do something.”

“I went to space camp. I think it’s very important. It pushes technology forward. It encourages all generations to get into math and science.”

Comments

autie 1 year, 7 months ago

did someone say once that in space no one can hear you scream? Would that be the same for the wife's constant bitching? If I sent her to outer space I couldn't hear it anymore.

prospector 1 year, 7 months ago

Where would we be without Tang?

Gareth 1 year, 7 months ago

The Tea Party fanatics will continue to slash budgets and deny science, until such time as China starts building orbital installations and a moon base -- then they'll whine about how America is being "beaten."

Pitt_Mackeson 1 year, 7 months ago

It's very important. Just don't forget your oxygen!

jafs 1 year, 7 months ago

Perhaps after we solve our problems in this country, and on the planet as a whole, have plenty of resources that we can't find anything better to do with, we could consider space exploration.

Until then, I'd give it a very low priority, personally.

prospector 1 year, 7 months ago

What do you do when the world is going to Hell in a handbasket, Road Trip! Geez, we don't have to impress/scare anyone anymore. I could care less if there is life out there somewhere. If there is we would be doing them a favor if we just left them alone.

Leave it to that wacky Sir Branson 'Virgin' guy. It will be novel until he has his Challenger moment.

RoeDapple 1 year, 7 months ago

autie, my dog already invented that but all he's done so far is put skid marks on the carpet.

RoeDapple 1 year, 7 months ago

Colonizing the universe is inevitable. It's how we got here.

Liberty275 1 year, 7 months ago

I think our species is mandated to learn and colonize appropriately.

That gives us something to do until the universe implodes or freezes.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 7 months ago

Future space exploration will just a expand of the colonization of the whole universe and drive it towards a dim and dismal future of exploitation of its resources and peoples.
We must halt the the irreversible tide of species destruction.
We must focus on the earth,

Paul R Getto 1 year, 7 months ago

Yes. We all benefit from these grand adventures.

autie 1 year, 7 months ago

Someone better go invent that worm hole travel or something soon. I takes long enough now gettting to Mars, I would forget why I went by the time I got there.

tange 1 year, 7 months ago

If you're referring to that gray space between the ears... paramount!

/ not to mention that echoey space without

RoeDapple 1 year, 7 months ago

"How important do you think future space exploration is to the nation’s future? "

Awkward question.

"How important do you think space exploration is to the nation’s future? "

or

"How important do you think future space exploration is to the nation? "

I hate being a grammar nazi . . . .