Previous   Next

Do you think cyberbullying is an issue?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 21, 2012

Browse the archives

“Yes, I do as a parent. I think it’s out of hand because parents don’t know what their kids are doing online.”

“I’m from Alaska, and it was a big deal because in Alaska there is nothing better to do.”

“Yes, it must be if people are complaining about it.”

“In my experience, no because it’s the internet and everyone’s a jerk, but I can see how some could take it seriously.”

Comments

My_Life 2 years, 4 months ago

Not on OTS. Almost everyone here has leathery skin.

Well said, Nick.

Is it considered green to recycle questions?

kenny_powers 2 years, 4 months ago

Not for me obviously. Of course, when you're at the top, nobody can mess with you. Are we talking about what the US & Israel do to Iran?

Gart 2 years, 4 months ago

Somewhat, however I think Nick just nailed it. And, if some of these "internet bullied kids" would lay off the computer and computer games maybe they would find out. Most bullies are not the best fighters. And, while I do not condone a skirmish, Why Not? Fight, if needed. It is surprising how a so called bully will leave another alone after being put on, and crossing the line.

Young'ns. Get out and play, make friends, and you will find that most "bully's" have nothing and just want to prove some stupid thing. That is where good buddy's and friends come in. Heck, even a bully can become a friend. Won't happen online, though.

Gart 2 years, 4 months ago

BTW- I think the reference to leathery skin creeps me out, Leather Face. I think you may have been wanting to say "Thick Skin". . . . . Damn you are odd.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 4 months ago

The phrase was "rat-brained cyberthugs".

Flap Doodle 2 years, 4 months ago

Still

having

a

wonderful

internet

life

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

Hmmm . . . just now caught this one . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

"Sometimes, I snap however......"

BABBOY's at his best when he is snap . . .

But is snap ever a BABBOY?

Flap Doodle 2 years, 4 months ago

"But is snap ever a BABBOY?" Not as long as I stay on the meds.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 4 months ago

"I will admit, this place was a lot more interesting with Marion, Sven, The Can't Remember Their Name Brothers, Northtown, Irish, and Hollis Brown. Long live Hollis Brown."- BoB

Look, I'm doing my best to pick up some slack here. My brain is still a little soft from sitting in stir for 3 months. Besides, Babboy seems to be getting in touch with his feelings and I don't want to mess it up.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 4 months ago

Cyberbullying. Oh boy.......Didn't Al Gore know this was gonna happen when he invented the internet? Bullying is part of the childhood experience. I gave and I got. Most people do. For some reason most kids don't seem to have a conscience until they reach a certain age. I thought this was all explained in 1954's "Lord of the Flies". Nothing's changed. This whole attack on bullying is part of the flakey, pc, left-wing agenda to make us all One color, One sex, One height, One weight, One thought, etc. Nice thought but it ain't gonna happen.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 4 months ago

Can somebody explain to me how to post fancy pics and vidoes. This happened while I was gone. Don't PM me, I can't acces my LJW inbox.

Gart 2 years, 4 months ago

Sure, Eddie. I had the same problem and found out I needed a new YouTube if wanting to post something from there. I found out how to aquire one from this link. Just follow the directions in the response.

After that, it is pretty much the same way as copying and pasting the link as before. Good Luck.

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

Prince Harry has offendeded my sense of all that is decent in that most holy of places . . . Las Vegas.

beatrice 2 years, 4 months ago

Yes. It is a real issue and it happens around here all the time. I was once even called a witch by an online user. I rish that person well anyway. Oops ... typo.

Another time, TOB quoted me.

beatrice 2 years, 4 months ago

Not only is calling Kstaters "trashy" an example of cyber bullying, isn't it also redundant?

(I kid the kstaters)

LadyJ 2 years, 4 months ago

“I’m from Alaska, and it was a big deal because in Alaska there is nothing better to do.” Well that explains a lot about the news that comes out of Alaska.

LadyJ 2 years, 4 months ago

The Sarah Palin turkey interview is still out there on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJd_vm9VhpU

Flap Doodle 2 years, 4 months ago

Actually, there are a heck of a lot better things to do in Alaska than hooping around on the interwebs.

LadyJ 2 years, 4 months ago

I've heard the Alaskan cruises are beautiful.

LadyJ 2 years, 4 months ago

Let's not forget the Iditarod. I saw a huge picture of a picturesque scene in Alaska with a dogsled in it. Obviously it had Iditarod across the top.

rockchalker52 2 years, 4 months ago

autie, I'll be lookin' for the video on you tube, prolly search 'flying turtles' don't you think? or are you gonna post it under 'UFO's?'

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 4 months ago

"Oh Artie, Indyan says you're cute and so majestic. He has a secret crush on you."-MyLife

Artie. I like that. Throughout history there have been many great men named Artie. Take Artie Mentz, for instance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY-VMz...

beatrice 2 years, 4 months ago

TOB, I know. I was joshing. I'm surprised any time someone actually reads one of my comments the first time around, let alone is capable of bringing it back for a second time.

Regarding snap ... um ... no. In fact, there is little back and forth between us. Usually, it is just forth and forth.

beatrice 2 years, 4 months ago

That is because I invented Google.

and Post-Its.

jellybeanies 2 years, 4 months ago

Not as long as there is a red x still at the top right of your screen.

Liberty275 2 years, 3 months ago

Yes and no. Some people are more sensitive and affected more deeply by what is said to or about them.

OTOH, some people don't care what any of you say.

Should there be a law against cyber-bullying? No.