Previous   Next

Are you disappointed the Olympics are over and why or why not?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 14, 2012

Browse the archives

“I prefer the Winter Olympics so I’m not disappointed.”

“I’m disappointed because that was the only thing I watched on TV.”

“No I’m not. It simply did not interest me.”

“No I’m not. I didn’t get into it.”

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

Yeah, I gots all wound up 'bout them hoe-lympics. Put me a ribbon on a stick, dug out the old hula-hoop (with b-b's inside!), then went out in the yard jumpin' and twistin' in my underwear. . . .

Doc says he'll have me back on my feet in time for my court appearance . . .

grammaddy 2 years, 4 months ago

I could watch Gabby and the girls all day!

labmonkey 2 years, 4 months ago

Since I work evenings, I liked the Olympics because there was something on TV when I was at the gym or getting ready for work during the day. Plus I liked some of the oddball sports you don't often get to see.

Phoghorn 2 years, 4 months ago

You can see those during Fraternity Rush.

labmonkey 2 years, 4 months ago

Okay... Brad Cook, social worker. I thought the point of a social worker was to be less creepy looking than the people you are taking their kids away from. Will anyone really take him seriously when he tells them how to raise their kids? Get a haircut and a shave.

Topple 2 years, 4 months ago

Maybe the social work he's doing is begging for money in a social setting?

jaywalker 2 years, 4 months ago

It was cool while it lasted, but two weeks is plenty.

rockchalker52 2 years, 4 months ago

The Olympics are wonderful. Where else can you see those levels of fitness & abilities in so many people in one place? It's interesting to see what kind of performances represent greatness for any given athletic discipline. I am a big track & field fan, but the divers & the gymnasts are always impressive. That stuff looks crazy hard.

Two weeks has sated me for now, but I'm already looking forward to Rio.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 4 months ago

Not really. Misty the Volleyball Chick has to start gearing up for NASCAR.

somedude20 2 years, 4 months ago

When were the Olympics? I have been living in a sacred tree for the last 4 months eating granola and listening to Messina and Loggins on my solar powered phonograph.

Topple 2 years, 4 months ago

Did the same thing as CWGOKU.

The Olympics were intolerable without DVR this year. There was 5 minutes of commercial for every 5 minutes of Olympics. NBC was awful. Their site was garbage. If you tried watching online there was even more commercials.

riverdrifter 2 years, 4 months ago

I already miss the beach volleyball chicks. Hey, it's raining!

wmathews 2 years, 4 months ago

Forget the Olympics. I can eat cookies now.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 4 months ago

The Olympics may be over but the Vandal Games are getting started in France again. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19256122

bevy 2 years, 4 months ago

I will miss them, if only because it was nice to hear GOOD news every evening. Or at least not-bad news. My only gripe was that our athletes were all wearing prison gray. Bring back the Red, White and Blue!