Previous   Next

Are you disappointed the Olympics are over and why or why not?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 14, 2012

Browse the archives

“I prefer the Winter Olympics so I’m not disappointed.”

“I’m disappointed because that was the only thing I watched on TV.”

“No I’m not. It simply did not interest me.”

“No I’m not. I didn’t get into it.”

Comments

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 8 months ago

"A tree of ignorance."

Idealism has its cost.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 8 months ago

"/digs deeper hole.

What are you planting?"

A tree of ignorance.

autie 1 year, 8 months ago

Mrs. Former Editor is all about the cookies and french fries now. Then back to the fight club.

prospector 1 year, 8 months ago

Congratulations and Good Luck to you and the big guy there Mrs. Yadrich.

bevy 1 year, 8 months ago

I will miss them, if only because it was nice to hear GOOD news every evening. Or at least not-bad news. My only gripe was that our athletes were all wearing prison gray. Bring back the Red, White and Blue!

prospector 1 year, 8 months ago

If they were giving out medals for mixed metaphors, I give a gold to SageonPage for his definition of a moderates,

"They wet their finger and plunge it into the wind to see where the other lemmings are running."

CWGOKU 1 year, 8 months ago

Summer TV sucks, it is just re-runs... Go outside! Oh, right, we had a heat wave.

Whitney, why could you not eat cookies before?

Flap Doodle 1 year, 8 months ago

The Olympics may be over but the Vandal Games are getting started in France again. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19256122

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 8 months ago

/digs deeper hole.

What are you planting?

wmathews 1 year, 8 months ago

Forget the Olympics. I can eat cookies now.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 8 months ago

"U.S. Olympic athletes do not receive any governmental funding or tax payer paid assistance. "

Tax deductions?

/digs deeper hole.

"The answer is: a Olympic metal is a tangible award for effort, can easily be assigned a value, "

The Bronze medal costs $6.

autie 1 year, 8 months ago

R_I, it sounds like it is raining a little hard on your parade, maybe you should close the open windows?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 8 months ago

"And, yes, those athletes that medal need to pay taxes on that money that was awarded. Most of them are at the Olympics because they chose to accept generous support from our government/your taxes" - T_O_B

How much is your eternal salvation worth? Should we assign a value and tax it? U.S. Olympic athletes do not receive any governmental funding or tax payer paid assistance. It is all funded by donations and corporate sponsorship, which much like your tithe, being a donation to a non- profit, are tax deductible.
I am not sure how that applies to Synagoge memberships which are more structured like country club memberships. Oh well, Shalom

The answer is: a Olympic metal is a tangible award for effort, can easily be assigned a value, and is rather and as such, should be taxed the same as ordinary income, unless our government moves abolish the tax system first put in place by Abraham Lincoln to pay for the most deadly war for American citizens that America has been involved in which was pushed from a smoldering ember to a fire by that non-Kansan domestic terrorist John Brown.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 8 months ago

Not so much, I only watched about 12 minutes of the coverage, the only thing I saw was a trashy target on some volleyball chicks lower back. She looked like she was rode hard and put up wet.

Because I am more interested in finding a good asado joint around here, it's raining, and because I was talking about the funky irregular sloped curve that screws with the apex on the southwest side.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 8 months ago

I watched maybe three total hours of the Olympics. I watched the second half of the gold medal soccer game because my wife and mother were taking forever to get ready to go out for lunch. I got bits and pieces of other stuff. I don't care about any of those sports.

And, yes, those athletes that medal need to pay taxes on that money that was awarded. Most of them are at the Olympics because they chose to accept generous support from our government/your taxes.

Andini 1 year, 8 months ago

I agree agnostick. I wanted to see the Kinks and hear the Uganda national anthem.

Agnostick 1 year, 8 months ago

Yeah, "Nothing But Commercials"... "Nothing But Contempt"... "Nothing But Comedy"... they truly f'ed up the closing. Cut three good musical acts, ditched the traditional final medal presentation (men's marathon)... all so they could show us a monkey running around in a doctor's outfit. I won't be surprised if that turd gets flushed after three episodes.

riverdrifter 1 year, 8 months ago

I already miss the beach volleyball chicks. Hey, it's raining!

Andini 1 year, 8 months ago

I'm not disappointed that I won't see a man wearing speedos that shouldn't be wearing them for another four years.

Topple 1 year, 8 months ago

Did the same thing as CWGOKU.

The Olympics were intolerable without DVR this year. There was 5 minutes of commercial for every 5 minutes of Olympics. NBC was awful. Their site was garbage. If you tried watching online there was even more commercials.

somedude20 1 year, 8 months ago

When were the Olympics? I have been living in a sacred tree for the last 4 months eating granola and listening to Messina and Loggins on my solar powered phonograph.

autie 1 year, 8 months ago

I do believe the cool weather has BABBOY all fired up today. Eddie Haskell is back and BABBOY is on a roll...life is good.

CWGOKU 1 year, 8 months ago

We enjoy the Olympics at our house and watch most of the events. I got sick of all the diving and did not watch it after a while. But I really do like the Olympics. I am ok that they are over. I'll watch them in 4 years, but I won't MISS them, I have other things to do. NBC blew the closing ceremony and they had WAY too many commercials. Luckily with the DVR I just recorded and fast forward through the commercials. I hate tramp stamps

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 8 months ago

Not really. Misty the Volleyball Chick has to start gearing up for NASCAR.

g_rock 1 year, 8 months ago

I'm shocked that BabbyBoy isn't a fan of gymnastics with all of that flipping?

I've like the events that don't have all of the image and ego and whoopla.

BABBOY 1 year, 8 months ago

So the question is whether I am dissappointed or not now that they are over?

To tell the truth, (not really) I am so distraught that they are over that I am going to start drinking again and probably will never ever come out my house again until they start again whenever the flip they start again (4 years?)

Stupid Question.....

rockchalker52 1 year, 8 months ago

The Olympics are wonderful. Where else can you see those levels of fitness & abilities in so many people in one place? It's interesting to see what kind of performances represent greatness for any given athletic discipline. I am a big track & field fan, but the divers & the gymnasts are always impressive. That stuff looks crazy hard.

Two weeks has sated me for now, but I'm already looking forward to Rio.

Andini 1 year, 8 months ago

I'll survive but I still have race walking fever!

jaywalker 1 year, 8 months ago

It was cool while it lasted, but two weeks is plenty.

labmonkey 1 year, 8 months ago

Okay... Brad Cook, social worker. I thought the point of a social worker was to be less creepy looking than the people you are taking their kids away from. Will anyone really take him seriously when he tells them how to raise their kids? Get a haircut and a shave.

labmonkey 1 year, 8 months ago

Since I work evenings, I liked the Olympics because there was something on TV when I was at the gym or getting ready for work during the day. Plus I liked some of the oddball sports you don't often get to see.

autie 1 year, 8 months ago

The olympics suck. Just a big flag wavin drum beatin waste of time.

I got more medals...na na na na boo boo, stick your head in do do.

grammaddy 1 year, 8 months ago

I could watch Gabby and the girls all day!

RoeDapple 1 year, 8 months ago

Yeah, I gots all wound up 'bout them hoe-lympics. Put me a ribbon on a stick, dug out the old hula-hoop (with b-b's inside!), then went out in the yard jumpin' and twistin' in my underwear. . . .

Doc says he'll have me back on my feet in time for my court appearance . . .

RoeDapple 1 year, 8 months ago

Or they could just get stoned . . .

My_Life 1 year, 8 months ago

People need to get back to Jesus and quit wasting time on silly games. Jesus should be the rock in everyones life. Indyan is my number two rock, but don't tell Him that.