Previous   Next

If you had to dress up as someone famous, who would it be and why?

Asked at Massachusetts Streets on August 12, 2012

Browse the archives

“Superwoman because she is a sexy powerhouse.”

“Abraham Lincoln because he lived in such a unique, historical time.”

“I would want to be Randy Travis because I wouldn’t have to wear anything.”

“I would dress up as Bob Ross because it would be unexpected and weird.”

Comments

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 2 months ago

Frank the bunny - so I could scare all the little tikes away from the liquor store

Gart 2 years, 2 months ago

?? Stupid question, LJW.

But, would have to agree with Kraig....Nekked works.

Gart 2 years, 2 months ago

Went fishin' with Bekah. Fish was 'bout this size but git'in bigger. . . . .

Looks like a "fish story." And no permit?!! . . . CITIZENS ARREST!!!!!

kenny_powers 2 years, 2 months ago

I know a bunch of you are going to say, "Kenny Powers." I'm flattered, But, I can see why; I brought baseball back to what it is today. Everybody wants to be me. Let me tell you what, if you want to be me, do some push-ups...about a million of them.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 2 months ago

Paul Warfield Tibbets, Jr. (February 23, 1915 – November 1, 2007) was a brigadier general in the United States Air Force, best known for being the pilot of the Enola Gay, the first aircraft to drop an atomic bomb in the history of warfare. The bomb, code-named Little Boy, was dropped on the Japanese city of Hiroshima. To explain all the civilian engineers on base who were working on the Manhattan Project, he had to lie to her, by telling her that the engineers were "sanitary workers." Tibbets had to frequently fly to the Los Alamos Laboratories (in New Mexico) for briefings regarding the Manhattan Project. During one of these trips, Tibbet's wife called one of the "sanitary engineers" over to her house to un-stop a drain, for which his master's degree in physics and doctorate in applied mathematics did not necessarily qualify him. The engineer was a scientist named Alan van Dyke. Van Dyke served as theoretical consultant to Oppenheimer and Szilard. Tibbets and the "sanitary engineer" laughed about it later.[4] from Wikipedia In case someone does not know who is was.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 2 months ago

Yes, I know, else we would not be on here. But, not everyone will bother to look things up so by putting the info out there in such a fashion, someone just might learn something they did not know.
We are all in this together.

Gart 2 years, 2 months ago

Not sure who that is but sounds like a serial killers name. Maybe just a mildly retarded dork??

Cant_have_it_both_ways 2 years, 2 months ago

Do they sell Merrill costumes in Lawrence?

Topple 2 years, 2 months ago

I'd lay down on my couch and fall asleep watching you paint happy trees,

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

Gart . . Some might call him a mass murderer. Others might say he saved countless lives.

Bob Harvey 2 years, 2 months ago

Nice reply, although he probably still has no clue of how this man played a role in history.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 2 months ago

Tibbets was in the air force and he was just doing what he was ordered to do. I don't believe that anyone knew what the results would be, there is no way they could have, based on the tests they had did up to that point. Why didn't Japan surrender after the first bomb was dropped? Were those responsible just not aware of the enormity of the destruction? All the countries involved in World War 11 had soldiers that did horrible things and the horror built up over time and exposure to horror. No one knows what they would do under those circumstances. America as a country was isolated and its civilians at home did not experience the war directly like other countries did. Charles W. Sweeney, Tibbets' counterpart on the mission which dropped Fat Man on Nagasaki. Why is it that we hear nothing about this?

Gart 2 years, 2 months ago

Ok. Should have googled the name. I am humbled. Just not a fan of strange names like this hero. If you want to check out another "just ordinary" guy that saved some other guys lives. Look up Audie L. Murphy. Don't know how he did it.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 2 months ago

Gabby Hayes in almost any movie he ever made. It's the real me.

rockchalker52 2 years, 2 months ago

Gene Hackman as Popeye Doyle because I always wanted to rock one of those hats.

Irenaku 2 years, 2 months ago

Divine...Because she was fabulous.

Gart 2 years, 2 months ago

Hmm... Just watched the closing of the Olytimtics. All the great English/Brit singer/songwriters were included except for "Madge" - A.K.A. Madonna. Is she no longer a Brit? Maybe she went back to Detroit. Have heard she may be French now. . . .