Previous   Next

Is there a movie you like that was panned by critics?

Browse the archives

“‘A Boy and His Dog.’ I enjoyed that film though critics didn’t seem to like it.”

Legend,’ which is not hated but not as loved as it should be. It’s a mix between ‘Dark Crystal’ and ‘Labyrinth,’ and it has the best devil of all time.”

“‘Erik Viking.’ I like the ridiculousness of it.”

“‘Dark Knight Rises.’ It’s not a bad movie, but it has received a lot of bad press.”

Comments

Gart 2 years, 7 months ago

Yeah. But, before I can even talk about it I have to tell about the best show on late night from Knology.

The funniest show from the best company. The original humor from this guy in Lawrence that just did his best parody of Bob Dylan. The "not so late show" could get more info out of one than water-boarding.

Am sorry that I bared witness to this while flipping channels.

Sarah St. John 2 years, 7 months ago

"Am sorry that I bared witness to this while flipping channels."

Well, you were in your own house, so it's okay to be changing into your pajamas while you watch TV. :-)

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 7 months ago

Dude, you totally rock my world. That late show guy is a freakin' moron.

riverdrifter 2 years, 7 months ago

Most of my favorite westerns were panned. Don't care. Sam Peckinpah should've gotten an Oscar for for best director for the The Wild Bunch. Eli Wallach should have gotten best supporting actor for his role as Tuco in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSkeQk...

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

I critique the movies I watch. I don't give a flyin' flip what some stuffed shirt in Hollywood thinks aboutit.

mae 2 years, 7 months ago

virtually every Mickey Rourke movie.

Topple 2 years, 7 months ago

Didn't The Wrestler get good reviews? I guess I don't pay much attention to critics...their punch-word opinions mean about as much to me as a middle school girl's opinion on parenting.

"Sleek, Powerful, Rollercoaster Ride!"
That could be Dark Knight....or Battleship. One was great, one was some of the worst acting, dialogue, and plot in movie history. Fortunately, I knew which would be good and which wouldn't be worth the energy to run my TV for the two hours to watch.

rockchalker52 2 years, 7 months ago

'Wild Wild West' with Will Smith, Kevin Kline & Kenneth Branagh.

Topple 2 years, 7 months ago

One of my favorites...used to watch it on Beta Max... Red Dawn got bad reviews?

Hooligan_016 2 years, 7 months ago

Wes Anderson's "The Life Aquatic"

I absolutely love it, but it only has about 50% on RT. People either love it or hate it.

asixbury 2 years, 7 months ago

Love that movie too! One of my favorite from Bill Murray (but I like all his movies).

"Only 6 people alive in this world and one of them is Bill F**king Murray!"

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 7 months ago

"Just had to get that out." Bought that movie and have saw it a dozen times. I was so happy when Tallahassie got his twinkie.

Richard Payton 2 years, 7 months ago

GI Jane when she said you can lick my ..... couldn't type what she really said for violation policy.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 7 months ago

A civilian boat had just been surfed by a Japanese war plane and they were in the water about to be hit again when Douglas gave the order.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 7 months ago

No, man, surfed. The Japanese navy were in Pearl for some Rand R and surfing and then all hell broke loose. It ain't easy to surf over a yacht, you try it some time. Seriously, thanks for the heads up.

Topple 2 years, 7 months ago

Made me want to ride a Clydesdale across the grand canyon.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 7 months ago

I don't even care. I think I found my new OTS idol and his name is Gart. Keep, posting, man!

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 7 months ago

I really liked The Big Lebowski - the Dude is a character for the ages. I think people overlook the fact that the Coen brothers make so many serious dramatic action movies (Fargo, No Country for Old Men to name a few) The Big Lebowski was a movie that they could just have fun with I think! It's crazy!

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 7 months ago

I agree with you there, I liked both The Big Lebowski and No Country for Old Men, in fact I probably like most of the movies the Coen brothers made.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 7 months ago

"Thomas the Tank Engine Gets His Stack Polished"

clovis_sangrail 2 years, 7 months ago

Ishtar. Those patently awful songs alone were worth the price of admission.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

I . . have unleashed a monster . . .

;-)

Bill Lee 2 years, 7 months ago

One of my all-time favorite movies is "Hollywood Knights," which no critic liked. It has a great soundtrack, too.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 7 months ago

Skeleton Key and Skeleton Man U 571 love that movie totally. Own all three. I have the best or the worst movie collection depending on your view. Depends.

Katara 2 years, 7 months ago

All the Conan movies (except the latest remake)

JackMcKee 2 years, 7 months ago

$!?@man goes to Rio. Had some amazing POV camera work. It was nominated for 6 AVN awards, but lost every one.