Previous   Next

Have you been watching the Olympics?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 1, 2012

Browse the archives

“I saw Michael Phelps win the butterfly event and a few other things. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t watch at least a bit.”

“I saw basketball and water polo on TV.”

“Swimming and gymnastics — just what was on.”

“Yeah, gymnastics and swimming.”

Comments

Agnostick 1 year, 8 months ago

autie, this might help you decipher those beach volleyball secret hand signals. snap might like, too.

Mike Gerhardt 1 year, 8 months ago

Since I live only a couple of time zones away right now, I have been watching a few events. I liked the trap and skeet, handgun and archery alot.

prospector 1 year, 8 months ago

The women were giving each other world class wedgies too,

labmonkey 1 year, 8 months ago

Watched some women's water polo today. They had an under water shot and one member of the spanish team grabbed the suit of someone from the American team, and lets just say there was a good half second to full second of a full boob shot on national television.

CWGOKU 1 year, 8 months ago

Great, now I have to look up "hoo-de-doo". Funny though, Snap

Flap Doodle 1 year, 8 months ago

The year that Xtreme Full-Contact Spelling Bee becomes an Olympic sport will be the year I start watching this hoo-de-doo.

rumor_man 1 year, 8 months ago

I like to watch womens weightlifting. Especially the snatch and clean jerk parts.

CWGOKU 1 year, 8 months ago

I hate premature dismounts

g_rock 1 year, 8 months ago

I only watch the dismounts.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 8 months ago

"What is it that makes Topeka such a storm whore?"

Brownback doesn't want the blue and not so dark of red counties to have rain.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 8 months ago

"Hopefully, that MCS won't get swallowed by Topeka again."

What is it that makes Topeka such a storm whore?

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 8 months ago

"Look at the MSC heading for us."

Hopefully, that MCS won't get swallowed by Topeka again.

he_who_knows_all 1 year, 8 months ago

I only watch the rhythmic gymnastics...to see which one is the most flexible.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 8 months ago

Joe Buck? I have read "The Good Earth" by Pearl S. Buck. Any relation?

There was drought in that book, and food riots too.

Look at the MCS heading for us.
Sometimes radar makes me downright gay and giddy.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 8 months ago

Autie -

This is what you ought to be pissed at NBC for...

I've watched two minutes and twenty nine seconds of the Olympics. I may watch more once the track stuff begins.

autie 1 year, 8 months ago

Joe Buck = Dallas Cowboy suck = epic fail.

Richard Payton 1 year, 8 months ago

Watched the synchronized diving event in which I thought I was at a plumbing convention. More crack showed which I mentioned on my facebook page. Some ladies didn't like it like me. I did have a few ladies say they enjoyed everything.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 8 months ago

""Bob Costas may be the worst person alive". T_O_B He is from Missouri, nuff said" CW

And he is also Joe Buck's hero. Joe Buck. Also from Missouri. And horrible.

rockchalker52 1 year, 8 months ago

Those gymnastic chiks fil-a through the air with the greatest of ease. Am looking forward to track & field.

Happy August to you, too, CeeDub. Only one more month 'til Charlie starts to ressurect Jayhawk football. Talk about your Olympian tasks...

CWGOKU 1 year, 8 months ago

CWGOKU 1 year, 8 months ago

Oh heck yes, I love the Olympics. I hear the women's gymnastics team celebrated last night by sharing a Wheat Thin. Happy August everyone!

labmonkey 1 year, 8 months ago

I have actually had to root against the United States women's beach volleyball players at times because they are not properly attired. When Kessy/Ross played Argentina the other night, Argentina was properly attired so I almost rooted for them.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 8 months ago

Bob Costas may be the worst person alive.

"It is rather anticlimatic to read what happened on the interweb news feeds than have the TV broadcast try to hold us in suspense for stuff that happened four or five hours ago.....fail."

You can live stream everything at work through the BBC. No reason for it to be anticlimatic for you.

autie 1 year, 8 months ago

snap, are you checking the beach volleyball secret hand signals? It is rather anticlimatic to read what happened on the interweb news feeds than have the TV broadcast try to hold us in suspense for stuff that happened four or five hours ago.....fail.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 8 months ago

If Bob Costas had come out in support of LGBT athletes during the Beijing Olympics I might of had enough interest to watch, but now, I just feel like having a chicken sammich.