Previous   Next

What treasures would you look for at a new Lawrence flea market?

Asked at Lawrence Antique Mall, 830 Mass. on April 30, 2012

Browse the archives

“I’m just interested in the unusual, not always a specific object.”

“We came to look for PEZ dispensers, but I like looking for cameras.”

“I like looking at everything but especially jewelry.”

Comments

thuja 1 year, 11 months ago

You ready for the big day tomorrow? T_O_B_

Tomorrow is the first day of Bike Month!

Or are you guys putting May Day baskets on all your friend's porches.

FlintlockRifle 1 year, 11 months ago

Pocket and fixed blade knives, Snap good luck on locating them Randalls, have two I have had thirty years or so

Deja Coffin 1 year, 11 months ago

Right now the specific things I'm looking for are tea cup and sauce sets, anything I can utilize in my garden, and a skeleton key (preferably gold) for my daughter...... she thinks they're magical.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 11 months ago

Roe, I'm still hoping that some little hole-in-the-wall junk store has a shelf of Randalls for $19.99 apiece......

riverdrifter 1 year, 11 months ago

I'm looking for one of those freeze-dried armadillos from Mexico. Also a jackalope.

RoeDapple 1 year, 11 months ago

snap_, A friend turned down $1200 for his Springfield Randall. I've seen 'em advertised for $1500

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 11 months ago

"Yes, we shall dance around the maypole and sing traditional songs." Autie

If you do that tomorrow, our very own Dear Leader will consider that rioting and have you beaten.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 11 months ago

Everytime I wander thru a flea market / junk store, I've got an eye out for a Springfield Randall.

RoeDapple 1 year, 11 months ago

Pole dancing started in Great Britian? Who knew . . .

mae 1 year, 11 months ago

Gnomes and old, unrestored trunks.

autie 1 year, 11 months ago

Puritans frowned on May Day, so the day has never been celebrated with as much enthusiasm in the United States as in Great Britain. But the tradition of celebrating May Day by dancing and singing around a maypole, tied with colorful streamers or ribbons, survived as a part of the English tradition. The kids celebrating the day by moving back and forth around the pole with the the streamers, choosing of May queen, and hanging of May baskets on the doorknobs of folks -- are all the leftovers of the old European traditions

Yes, we shall dance around the maypole and sing traditional songs.

g_rock 1 year, 11 months ago

I collect certain patterns of mid-century modern barware and dinnerware. Unfortunately the only men at flea markets are following around wives or boyfriends.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 11 months ago

Autie - You ready for the big day tomorrow?

Andini 1 year, 11 months ago

I live for fleamarkets, antique shops, thrift stores and garage sales.

rockchalker52 1 year, 11 months ago

A 1962 Mercury Comet model car kit. Seems Knology's online bill pay is in the middle of an upgrade. Good timing, I'd say. Right when all the payments are due...

RoeDapple 1 year, 11 months ago

Also, some of those blue haired trolls. For my computer desk. I already have names picked out for them. But no rocks. Definitely no rocks.

autie 1 year, 11 months ago

I don't know about a foot in a bucket but I found a yard and half one time.

Roe, once you find that Mayan calendar, forget it cause it will be June before you know it..

RoeDapple 1 year, 11 months ago

I'd like to find one of them Mayan calendars. Before it's too late.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 11 months ago

Aztec gold? That is the nastiest cheapest tequila out there.

RoeDapple 1 year, 11 months ago

My fleas have been showing a great deal of interest in my laptop so maybe a teeny tiny computer. I draw the line at weapons though. Last thing I need is flea wars in my scalp. Or any place else for that matter.

Is there such a thing as a crab market?

JackMcKee 1 year, 11 months ago

aren't there typically four people you interview for this section?

psycho_theclown 1 year, 11 months ago

Statues of Turner Gill and Terry Allen right next to the Don Fambrough street signs.....