Previous   Next

Whom do you look up to in your community?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 27, 2012

Browse the archives

“My volleyball coach, Nancy Hopkins. She’s a great motivator and cares about her players.”

“Bill Self, because we went to a Final Four when no one expected we would.”

“My mom — she’s a good mom and a good person.”

“My mom and my best friend, Jordan.”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

No one. Everyone. We all have needs. We all have something to offer.

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

In other news, Bob Dylan has been awarded the Medal of Freedom by the Nobel Peace Prize winning Commander in Chief.

Secret Service has made no comment. Maybe word hasn't reached them yet . . .

rockchalker52 3 years, 1 month ago

The only rock I admire has a g_ in front.

bornon7 3 years, 1 month ago

I admire all those souls that help the animals at the Lawrence Humane Society.

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 1 month ago

That White Owl guy. He got a chick that was like 60 years younger than him - though it didn't last........ wonder why

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

WhiteOwl AND RoeDapple? Maybe they are one and the same . . .

"I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"

RoeDapple 3 years, 1 month ago

"I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain. It's laughter and it's loving I disdain. I am a rock"

(from a source . . .)

smarty_pants 3 years, 1 month ago

The title of this article is grammatically incorrect. It should read, "Who do you look up to in your community?" OR "To whom do you look up in your community?"

Just being a smarty_pants!

Carol Bowen 3 years, 1 month ago

It should be "whom" either way. "Whom" is the object of the preposition "to".

Liberty275 3 years, 1 month ago

I don't look up to people, but I have a lot of respect for my coworkers and the hard work they do, day in and day out, as well a a handful of others in the same or related fields that are the best I've ever known at what they do.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 1 month ago

The Shoe* Incident would have to be in the LJW Hall of Fame.

Deja Coffin 3 years ago

My Pastor. He is a great example of a person that truly cares about the people in his community and is very dedicated to his work. He encourages myself and my husband to be better Christians and better people all around.