Previous   Next

What company do you use as your cable and/or Internet service provider?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 19, 2012

Browse the archives

“Knology.”

“Knology.”

AT&T.”

“Knology.”

Comments

Richard Heckler 1 year, 12 months ago

Knology, Inc. (Nasdaq: KNOL) shareholder litigation in connection with alleged unfair takeover offer

On April 18, 2012, Knology, Inc. ("Knology" or the "Company") announced that it has agreed to sell the Company to WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone.

Under the terms of the agreement, Knology shareholders will receive $19.75 for each share of Knology stock they own. The transaction has a total approximate value of $1.5 billion.

The investigation concerns whether the Knology Board of Directors breached their fiduciary duties to Knology stockholders by failing to adequately shop the Company before entering into this transaction and whether WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone is underpaying for Knology shares, thus unlawfully harming Knology stockholders.

gccs14r 1 year, 12 months ago

Once upon a time I had Sunflower for internet service and it blew. I'm not happy to pay AT&T too much money for the bandwidth I get, but it at least works. I can see Freenet access points from my laptop wireless, but Freenet insists that I won't get good service from them.

I am finally giving up AT&T for cell service as soon as my new SIM card arrives. Dropping from nearly $60 per month to $10 is going to be nice.

Bailey Perkins 1 year, 12 months ago

Switched to Dish Network for cable once Sunflower Broadband was bought out by Knology but was forced to keep their internet service. I would go with AT&T but it's not available in my neighborhood (or so I was told 3 years ago).

Can I expect a price increase since Sunflower errr Knology, wait who own's it now...has once again changed hands?

FlintlockRifle 1 year, 12 months ago

Tried to get Cox, wrong town (Lawrence) I was told

CWGOKU 1 year, 12 months ago

Levon died?! I had not heard , that is a shame. I loved his music and movie roles. I am saddend by this news

somedude20 1 year, 12 months ago

I wonder if people in heaven get free cable or if they still rake you over the coals. I bet Santa runs the cable Co

CWGOKU 1 year, 12 months ago

You know, I was thinking and I could be way out of line here but I was thinking and maybe it's just me, but I was thinking, well I was thinking maybe the Royals kind of, well , suck. I mean, did they train in Spring training? Sheesh!

curmudgeon 1 year, 12 months ago

I have Knology, I love watching pixelated channels and paying way too much for terrible service.

BorderRat 1 year, 12 months ago

I don't know. I just wait until I find an unsecured Wi-Fi signal, log on and away I go. Lots of free "Hot Spots" in apartment building parking lots.

BABBOY 1 year, 12 months ago

I use cox cable at work and home. Sort of by default.

RoeDapple 2 years ago

Must be something in the air . . . sank4ever's last post was on 04/09/09, just at three years ago, and her name keeps popping up lately.

tinfoil may be very appropriate here . . .

autie 2 years ago

Oh good lord...I made that last post in the chip in my temporal lobe began to buzz again. I hope there is some tinfoil in the kitchen.

autie 2 years ago

Word of caution there O'Bob. Last time you stuck a fork in your eye, J.K. stuck a fork in the thread. The end of a saga. Sank4ever. And he was a good man, you people just don't know what your talking about. It was the cousin all along.

CWGOKU 2 years ago

Cable tv is the Devil's tool and Gubernment runs subliminal messages through it. Sarah Jessica Parker is horrible and Sex and the City , the minute of it I watched made me projectile vomit

somedude20 2 years ago

Nikon binoculars for when I peer out my window into yours with a bowl of popcorn and a smile watching your TV. I strongly dislike the HGTV and stop watching Real Housewives!

g_rock 2 years ago

It totally is me. I'm giving up men and the internet and just buying more shoes. Thanks for the input.

The_Original_Bob 2 years ago

"g_rock (anonymous) says… My history of internet service providers is much like my history of relationships. They all have issues. I'm never happy with what I have. They are often emotionally unavailable when I need them. But without them, I get lonely!"

G - Maybe it's not them. Maybe it's you.

/Sex and the City'd //Sticks fork in my eye.

g_rock 2 years ago

average 2 years ago

AT&T doesn't offer anything above 6mbps in much of Lawrence. I'm smack in the middle of town, and, no, not even by calling and asking (some people have gotten U-Verse by asking even when the website denies it).

Industry reports are that ATT hasn't added any U-Verse 'boxes' since mid-2009 anywhere in the country and doesn't have any real immediate plan to get back into higher-speed internet/TV expansion mode.

Beth Ennis 2 years ago

AT&T offers a package of cable,phone and internet. They had a good price to start with and a year later, boom, HUGE increase, like 25%. We tried to get them to keep the same price and we would commit for a year, but nope, they would have nothing to do with it. So we switched. I had no problems ever with ATT and the internet speed was nice. Since switching to Knology we have had nothing but problems and had to change our service to get any kind of internet speed that was faster than dialup. We've had the cable boxes switched out twice. Knology sucks. We use to have Sunflower for cable and ATT for phone/internet. I wish I had never changed. Now ATT contacts me on a daily basis via e-mail and snail mail telling me I can get all 3 for about 25% of what I was paying. Of course, that is only good for 6 months and then the price would go up again. I'm really tired of all of this "low prices" that insurance companies and cable/phone companies offer you to get your business, just to increase or double that rate after your initial 6-12 months. I'm of the belief that ATT would make more money by keeping the customers they already have. I wasn't complaining about what I was paying, I just wanted to keep it. We aren't talking really cheap like they are offering now either. We are talking a reasonable price for phone/cable/internet. It is so frustrating.

labmonkey 2 years ago

Surewest and I am mostly happy with it. Price could be lower though. The best cable experience I had was when I lived in Lawrence and had the old Sunflower. Their service was second to none back in 2000-2001.

If you are a conservative or even a moderate Republican, you do not want Time Warner as your only choice. Millions of dollars there between Ted Turner and George Soros... not to mention their service sucks and you get to outsourced, barely-English-speaking service people after you wait on hold for 1.5 hours.

The_Original_Bob 2 years ago

"Sunflower...then Knology...and now Wow! Bring back Sunflower!" Andini

Same here. RI - Are you copying and pasting from Twitter's history thing?

RoeDapple 2 years ago

Sylvanus Wood - "Captain Parker then asked me if I would parade with his company. I told him I would."

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years ago

5:00 a.m. - Captain Parker of the Lexington militia gave orders to his men saying, "Stand your ground! Don't fire unless fired upon! But if they want to have a war let it begin here!"

grammaddy 2 years ago

Knology for now....Does anyone else offer cable phone and internet in one package?

Andini 2 years ago

Sunflower...then Knology...and now Wow! Bring back Sunflower!

mae 2 years ago

Somebody on the street nearby, I don't know for sure. Password your wifi people!

edmclinn 2 years ago

I dropped cable since the government uses it to manipulate American citizens....and that is NOT a joke.

autie 2 years ago

Happy Birthday to anyone out there who might have a birthday today.

Benjamin Roberts 2 years ago

When I send a cable I use Western Union.

Internet Service Provider? It's supposed to be Knology, but it's really the Pony Express.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years ago

12:00 a.m. - Revere brings the alarm to Lexington and tells Samuel Adams and John Hancock that the Regulars are out and looking for them.

autie 2 years ago

Dodwn here in the Questas we gots CablesOne. They be my TV guys and that sucks. They suck. Only thing worse is satellite dish.

ATT for the Internet service. No complaints there.

RoeDapple 2 years ago

I'll be switching to whatever BABBOY uses! I have new respect for him now that he has become a troll magnet.

DillonBarnes 2 years ago

AT&T Now, switched from Knology a few months ago.

jimjones 2 years ago

here in lawrence, Time Warner of course.