Previous   Next

What did you make of this year’s basketball season overall?

Asked at Allen Fieldhouse on April 4, 2012

Browse the archives

“Win or lose, we’re still Jayhawk fans.”

“We’re still thrilled with this year — they took us on an amazing ride. We never expected it to get this far.”

“It was a good season. We wanted to show our support — they had a rough night but it was good overall.”

“I thought they did fantastic, even when people counted them out. I’m hoping T-Rob stays.”

Comments

Bob Harvey 2 years ago

This year, probably more than any year since my moving to Kansas in 1980, was I more proud of a team that came together and did far more , with far less, than anyone could have expected. Their desire to win and play as a team and proving the nay sayers (read Jack Smack) wrong was an inspiration. I hope this town and university appreciate what we have in Coach Self. A class act, a community figure and simply the best coach in college basketball. How do I feel about this year's team? All in all, one of the best ever.

RoeDapple 2 years ago

Thank George It's Over?

FlintlockRifle 2 years ago

Sorry there nurse, T.R already has other plans---with the $$$$$

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

They did great. Better than expected. I guess I graduated 2 years too soon. I didn't get to go to any games, but they did well in the tournament. What is TGIO?

The_Original_Bob 2 years ago

Paul Mokeski rocked the permed mullet better than most. And enjoyed boatloads of cocaine.

rockchalker52 2 years ago

Hats off to babboy. And somebody said you didn't like basketball. Great post.

BABBOY 2 years ago

Not a Jayhawk fan (was when I was kid but fell of the bandwagon for various reasons that caused me to dislike KU --- their law school dean in the 90s for example and his comments about Washburn).

But, I bet I know more about your basketball history than most. Name a KU or KSU player or coach from the past and I probably know who it is. Any of you remember that loser Ricky Ross for example....or Tony Guy or Cedric Hunter or that Danny and Miricles was more than one man show because Kevin Prichard was on that team and went to the NBA had success there as well. And Milt Newton could shoot the three.

Or, how Ted Owens put KU behind Jack Hartman in power and then how Larry Brown -- not Roy Williams -- saved KU....

Or what about Rolando Blackman, Darnell Valintine, Paul Moskski, Ed Nealy and other players from both schools that were noteworthy

Anyway, without a doubt this season was Bill Self best season. I actually respect him now. Before I thought he was just a nice guy who recruited divas and sometimes won with them.

This was a great season for KU and the their fans should be happy about this year ......

g_rock 2 years ago

I made a lot of beer go down my throat. Thank you and good night.

CWGOKU 2 years ago

You mean, what do I think about this basketball season? Dang, who wrote the poll and OTS questions today? The season was a total, pleasant surprise. Very proud of the team and glad to be a Jayhawk. No sports for a while for me, I need a break. I'll gear back up for the Summer Olympics. Now it is time to be outdoors to watch the neighbor lady Sun bathe

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years ago

I just got my new Star Trek Enterprise pizza cutter, it's cool.

grammaddy 2 years ago

Great season, great Coach, great team. I hope everyone sticks around for a repeat next year.With a better ending, of course.

deec 2 years ago

I made a nice quilt out of the basketball season.

autie 2 years ago

Who in the world plays basketball in overalls anyway?

abit_pssd 2 years ago

Nurse Ho. Nurse Ho!! Can I get one more of those...well, you know, Nurse Ho...

abit_pssd 2 years ago

This B-Ball season was one of the best during the Madness. Some very close games. I almost wanted to get some lube for that weirdo, "My_Life." However, I would not like to put even an imaginary rock through that for thing.

abit_pssd 2 years ago

abit_pssd 2 years ago

Oops..sorry, OTS. That was a comment for an editorial....Not for OTS.

abit_pssd 2 years ago

Hmm...Would you just Hush? Somehow this reminds me of your editorial rant about "Pines Farms" as a local business being bought up by a large company and all the heart felt concerns of local businesses and families going "South." You do remember a company called Sunflower, don't you?

Please. Do me, and some others, a favor. Shut up. You bored and sniveling brat. You know that you are also losing the LJW right now. Yes, I have seen the cost of diesel and rail. You have no idea how to run a company. I do.

Just a matter of time before you sell out as before. Looks like the coat tales were thrown into the dryer and shrank, loser.

geoismeo 2 years ago

I'd like to have a nurse named Stephanie.