Previous   Next

Did you think the Jayhawks would make it even to the Final Four this year?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 1, 2012

Browse the archives

“I didn’t think they’d make it to even the Elite Eight. I’m happy.”

“No, I had them losing to North Carolina last week.”

“My bracket had them losing last week. But it’s been a pleasant surprise.”

“I had them in my final four, but at the beginning of the season, that was optimistic. This late in the tournament, though, anything can happen.”

Comments

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 8 months ago

Yes. Had them in the title game against Kentucky :) one of the only matchups I had right!

cgoforth 2 years, 8 months ago

To be honest. No. I had them getting to an UNC vs KU game and took UNC. I didn't think this team was really going to be able to make it. They have had to many ups and downs. Past teams I thought wouldn't have a problem were beaten. I should have known better. Rockchalk, Jayhawks, go KU!!!!!!!!!

johnphog799 2 years, 8 months ago

ya i had em goin to the final 4.. well since mu won the conf tourn. since we were tied. 1-1. i wanted to play them one last time. but it didn/t happin. well but i don/t know why. mu leavin. but i don/t hold a grudge. good luck in the sec missouri tigers. lets get ready to play ball tomorrow night. ku. bring home the second trophy.. .

grammaddy 2 years, 8 months ago

Never thought this team would make it this far. This was supposed to be a "re-building" year after so many guys left last year.BIG shout-out to Bill for inspiring these guys, and to the team for giving us one of the best seasons ever! ROCK CHALK!!! Even if we don't win tomorrow night, we should flood downtown as a tribute to Bill and the Boyz!! Thanks for a great year.

LadyJ 2 years, 8 months ago

I would be happy if my paper made it. Delivery is running late, printing press issues, they said to call back at nine if I still don't have it.

LadyJ 2 years, 8 months ago

I have a gravel driveway. If I have to get dressed and put on shoes to get the paper, I may seriously consider cancelling. It had better make it to the edge of the driveway and not under the car.

RoeDapple 2 years, 8 months ago

After the neighbor's dog chewed up our paper for the umpteenth time the ljw was asked to place a post with a blue box up, which they did at no charge. Now I see they have stopped putting the paper in it's blue condom. Will this practice continue rain or shine? Should I have asked this in "Sound Off"?

Inquiring minds want to know . . .

Chris Ogle 2 years, 8 months ago

Did you think the Jayhawks would make it even to the Final Four this year?

They didn't make it "even" ...... they won

Maxwell Butterfield 2 years, 8 months ago

First thing I noticed. That headline actually went to print? Yeesh.

riverdrifter 2 years, 8 months ago

I took them out agin Roy in the elite 8. Should have known better.