Previous   Next

How often do you use Kansas Highway 10?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 30, 2011

Browse the archives

“Not that frequently, but when I go to Kansas City I use K-10 or I-70.”

“Fairly often. Probably five or six times per month.”

“Infrequently, but I don’t live here.”

“I don’t use K-10.”

Comments

Bill Lee 2 years, 11 months ago

As a rule, when I go to Kansas City I take I-70 over because I don't want to be late. I come back on K-10 because it doesn't matter when I get home. I used to do this at least twice a month, but I don't go over as much as I used to.

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

My K-9 saw K-10 and growled. She thought she was being replaced.

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

Haven't located any K-10 yet but if it will help with the pain in my back I will give it a try. OTC or prescription?

irvan moore 2 years, 11 months ago

since they outlawed K2 doesn't it make sense to outlaw K10

rockchalker52 2 years, 11 months ago

I tole the doc 'Before you know it, you're a little thin on top, the arteries start clogging & things don't flow like they used to.' 'Well, you check out just fine' he sez. Good to know' I sez back. 'But I was talking about the drive to get here on K-10.'

Did three years recently, although not in the winters, of commuting to & fro Lenexa on K-10. Would start early in the day for the 'to' portion, about five in the morning. Saw this here animal one morning, along the south side of the highway just east of town. There was just enough light to make it out. http://www.robertwinslowphoto.com/Animals/North-and-South-American/Mountain-Lion/A-350-W-12W8C/504681430_GpkvM-L.jpg It looked annoyed to have been seen.
I am not kidding & have recently been certified as less than crazy.

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

"I am not scary, just angry most of the time. Not sure why...."

Supplement overload. Been there, done that. Among other "legal" supplements I was taking up to 6 times the recommended daily Creatine dosage. Made me feel I could walk through walls. and want to. Went from benching 315 lbs to 365 lbs in less than 4 months. Chest from 52" to 58", biceps from 16.5" to 19.5", neck from 17" to 20". Massage therapist was freaking out, said I was different every week. After a much younger friend died at a gym in KC who used similar supplements I walked away from it all.

Richard Heckler 2 years, 11 months ago

As necessary preferably avoiding rush hours. The it ain't so bad.

rockchalker52 2 years, 11 months ago

only Ivory is 99&44/100ths pure.

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

felixiscariot (anonymous) says… "I don't use it.... but I have been known to run down it naked with a bottle of jack in hand."

. . Tom? Is that you? . . .

Richard Payton 2 years, 11 months ago

After watching that movie 10 my eyes have never been the same.

rockchalker52 2 years, 11 months ago

Please do not shut the down the board until after Halloween.

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

Sounds like we have two loyal followers at least!

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

Think I'll load up my big guns in my big truck, fill my big cooler up with a few big brews then run down to the river and shoot up some big golf balls. Anybody with me?

LadyJ 2 years, 11 months ago

Sounds kinky. What would the missus say?

LadyJ 2 years, 11 months ago

Are we ever going to be able to get across the bridge to north Lawrence without traffic delays? Between this project and that project, it feels like it has been going on for years. The middle of the night seems to be the only time it's a clear shot. What project do they have lined up next to tie things up?

LadyJ 2 years, 11 months ago

As for the OTS comment board, wouldn't some of you rather they kept us busy here instead of posting juvenile comments willy nilly all over the other boards? I mean, you get all mad when someone posts a funny, inappropriate comment on serious subjects. Maybe it is a ploy by the LJW to keep us contained in a manageable place where we cannot do as much harm and keep track of us.

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

"As for the OTS comment board, wouldn't some of you rather they kept us busy here instead of posting juvenile comments willy nilly all over the other boards?"

I resemble that remark!

rockchalker52 2 years, 11 months ago

Well. it's after dark & I have mixed a drink. Still going with the gin because it works for Bob. Such an even keeled fellow he is.
After the first hard freeze I might have to transition to bourbon as that is what I traditionally do. It's easy, just stick with a quality imported beer during the change - Beck's or Stella, something along those lines - or anything from Free State. Then, switch mid week when the tonic water runs out. Go at least Weller's quality. Kentucky Gentleman is an oxymoron.

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

Gotta get some sleep. Grammar school starts early tomorrow.

rockchalker52 2 years, 11 months ago

I'm sending out an es-oh-ess. Third time's a charm, I hear. In this case prolly not, but it never hurts to ask.

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

Back in grammar skool they taught us Morse code. I learnt how to send out a "SOS" 'cept I kept sending out "OSO".

Bill Lee 2 years, 11 months ago

For 25 years, I was paid to be amusing. I don't do it on this board without getting a check. Oh, I will accept cash, too.

Peaty Romano 2 years, 11 months ago

almost every day. I use the SLT to go to work in Topeka and my wife uses it to go to work in DeSoto. On weekends we usually travel to OP for the kids soccer games The road is fine, I personally think it's the drivers that need fixing...

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

It's Saturday. . . Damn! 40 years married to a teacher and got schooled on the internet.