Previous   Next

What are your favorite kind of chips?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 24, 2011

Browse the archives

“SunChips Harvest Cheddar.”

“Crunchy Cheetos.”

“Doritos.”

“Tortilla chips with salsa.”

Comments

Jean Robart 3 years, 10 months ago

Perhaps the J-W could take a grammar lesson. Should be "What IS your favorite kind of chips"

Bill Lee 3 years, 10 months ago

Momma's right. KIND is the subject of the sentence, and it's singular.

RoeDapple 3 years, 10 months ago

Haven't had more than a handful of chips in the last five years. Yuck! Most are greasy, too salty or full of things I can't pronounce! . . Did have a few banana chips from The Merc recently. Yum!

Bill Lee 3 years, 10 months ago

Deep fried hand cut potatoes with a dousing of malt vinegar. A side of fish filets completes the meal. Traditionally wrapped in newspaper.

mr_right_wing 3 years, 10 months ago

When the vinegar dissolves the newsprint (as well as a minute part of the paper itemslf) it adds a very unique taste.

Soy ink is bad through (added taste wise)...stay away from those newspapers!! Black & white seems best too...when you put different colored inks in, it just wrecks it; in other words, never use USA Today!!

rockchalker52 3 years, 10 months ago

It used to be one on my shoulder, but I've lightened up quite a bit. My currently fav chips are the ones 'Round the Corner (wink) at Esquina. Along with their killer salsa, they are delicious.

rockchalker52 3 years, 10 months ago

Ms. Crump! Oh, Ms. Crump! Bea repeated my answer! Iz that a violation? Please don't disappearededed her, though, cuz she already lives in/near Phoenix. That would be like double jeopardy.

beatrice 3 years, 10 months ago

oops. A clear OTS violation on my part if there ever was one. Maybe I could just lose my posting rights for a couple of days.

LogicMan 3 years, 10 months ago

Paint chips. Especially that extra good lead variety. Not recommended for humans, especially the little ones, though. But for my kind, how do you think we got to be this color?

mr_right_wing 3 years, 10 months ago

RUFFLES...

...but...

Only if they are made in the Topeka Frito-Lay plant, which about 90% of the ones sold in Lawrence are. Yes, I can (unlike most) tell the difference. Just ask customer service at Dillons, once and awhile they get an odd bag that didn't come from Topeka and I ALWAYS take it back for an exchange.

I guess if the Topeka plant ever closes down it'll be "Guys" for me. (i'll die before I touch a freakishly mutated canister of 'Pringles'!!)

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 10 months ago

Cow Chips. Actually I really like Arts and Marys. Best bbq chips around, great crunch. Not super salty like Guys blegh.

xyz 3 years, 10 months ago

Buffalo.

For reals--Java Chip Frappucino

RoeDapple 3 years, 10 months ago

♣Free Hollis!♣Free Spacehog!♣Free beer . . tomorrow!♣

rockchalker52 3 years, 10 months ago

Oh, dear, I've checked my timepiece & I'm late for tea.! Back down the rabbit hole I go. The Hatter, so mad will he be when hears about Hollis!
The Queen is Crump & thus did trump the Prince of Prose.
It's off with his head! Quick, hookah'n run & warn the others?

Free Hollis! And save my vicarious adventures from an untimely end.

bearded_gnome 3 years, 10 months ago

oh my! I go and touch wings with death, (see coming blog) and you guys lose Hollis Brown?!? WTH!

how d'ya lose Hollis!!!

somebody!
quick!

throw him a lifeline!!! the cruiseship is sinking off in the sunset!

goat chips: shovel ready project of my youth!

LadyJ 3 years, 10 months ago

Welcome back Gnome, been watching for you. I missed whatever Hollis said that got him disappeareded, only saw the first part. I guess we must mind out p's and q's from now on.

bearded_gnome 3 years, 10 months ago

(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.) (Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more.) Woah Woman, oh woman, don't treat me so mean, You're the meanest old woman that I've ever seen. I guess if you say so I have to pack ma things and go. (That's right) (Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.) (Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more.) What you say? (Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.)

riverdrifter 3 years, 10 months ago

Micro. Sometimes they get sick from viruses. See.

Rae Hudspeth 3 years, 10 months ago

Three out of four are the same family from Tulsa.
This is a poor example of an OTS random sample

. Seems like the interviewer just ran outside the building and took a quick couple of pics from one group and an extra.

Boooo. Poor reporting.

password 3 years, 10 months ago

what difference does it make? everybody has an opinion. what makes this poor reporting?

blindrabbit 3 years, 10 months ago

Depends on what I am doing at the time! One month old angus cow chips are the best for tossing. Make sure they are not so fresh as to be messy nor too dry to fall apart in mid air. As dry as it has been this year, you didn't even need to contend with the aroma.

blindrabbit 3 years, 10 months ago

Just make sure they do not contain Olestra, which was marketed as a vegetable oil replacement; supposed to be lower in saturated fat. Wife and I picked up a bag of these a few years back while on a driving road trip. After eating the contents, it became clear to us that the chips should have been marketed as a replacement for Ex-Lax. Talk about cleaning you out, curtailed the driving that day several hours than we had planned. Lost a couple of pounds in the process!

bearded_gnome 3 years, 10 months ago

thanks LadyJ, missed you too babe. just glad I'm still above room temperature!

schula 3 years, 10 months ago